No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

Yeah they have howell,chandler at rb,corrales at wr,two other good young wrs and the entire oline back. They'll be almost as good on offense.

The defense wasn't good but they have 9 starters back most of the backups and a 5 star de and 4 star de. They should be a preseason top 10 team and the coastal favorite

I'm sure they'll be the preseason darling, as they should be, but I wouldn't say they're going to waltz into Charlotte if we lose to them again. They open the year at Lane, they play FSU, they play at Pitt on a Thursday night, and they end the season at NC State on a Friday.

Bill Connelly has them as #32 in returning production for next year, and the offense is #47. They lose a ton on that side. Top 2 backs are gone, both will be reasonably high NFL picks. 4 of their top 5 pass catchers are gone (Brown and Newsome will both be NFL picks, Carter and Williams were 4th and 5th on the team in catches).

Howell is awesome, they'll be good on offense. Just saying they might take a step back more towards the 2019 offense (28th in YPP, 38th in PPG) versus the 2020 offense (3rd in YPP, 10th in PPG).

Advertisement
True but we consistently lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to. Upsets are one thing, consistency is another.
That’s the difference between good teams and bad teams. Last year we beat everyone we should have beat. That’s the first step. Now we have to start beating the teams that are equal or better than us.

Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
Isn’t head coach a full time job and DC a full time job? How are all the pieces in place with a part time head coach, still learning on the job, and part time DC?

I am expecting a 7 or 8 win season with a bowl game loss. Manny will not be fired till after season 4 and his replacement will be no better. Prove me wrong.

Advertisement
I am expecting a 7 or 8 win season with a bowl game loss. Manny will not be fired till after season 4 and his replacement will be no better. Prove me wrong.

So u didn’t agree w/ the premise of the post b/c u feel we will be a 7-8 win team? Lol. So r u saying we have an “excuse” to be a 7-8 team?

Isn’t head coach a full time job and DC a full time job? How are all the pieces in place with a part time head coach, still learning on the job, and part time DC?

If that’s what Manny chooses, so be it. That doesn’t excuse us from winning less than 10 games. If we don’t win 10 games b/c of that, then he needs to go

So u didn’t agree w/ the premise of the post b/c u feel we will be a 7-8 win team? Lol. So r u saying we have an “excuse” to be a 7-8 team?
I'm not making an excuse, unless you think not finding a better coach after firing someone is an excuse. I'm not sure what we are excusing him from. Excuse from being a National Championship coach? A fired coach? A good coach?

Firing average to below average coaches and replacing them with average to below average coaches has not worked out for us so far. I say let his contract run out and severely change our coaching search practices.

Here the **** we go. I’ll be back when “dark side” I loud and proud after game 1

Ummmm; this wasn’t a sunshine post, blood. Lol. It’s literally putting it out there that anything less than 10+ games & a trip to the ACCCG is completely unacceptable. Fck winning 9 games and going 9-4 w/ a 2nd tier bowl game, & not winning the Coastal. Not w/ all these changes & this schedule.

Advertisement
I'm not making an excuse, unless you think not finding a better coach after firing someone is an excuse. I'm not sure what we are excusing him from. Excuse from being a National Championship coach? A fired coach? A good coach?

Firing average to below average coaches and replacing them with average to below average coaches has not worked out for us so far. I say let his contract run out and severely change our coaching search practices.

Bruh!!!! Then U’re not getting the point!! The point is, w/ all these “changes”, these changes to make us “better” then there are no more excuses. It’s yr 3, w/ an upgraded staff, yr 6 here, favorable schedule, etc. If we don’t win 10 games this season w/ a trip to the ACCCG, what excuse can Diaz hide behind?

This wasn’t some “rah rah” post, it was saying if Diaz can’t get’Er done now, he’s all out of excuses & needs to go, straight up. If we win 7-8 games this yr???! Bruh, that’s completely unacceptable. If we don’t win the Coastal this yr??????! That’s Tom Fookery

Bruh!!!! Then U’re not getting the point!! The point is, w/ all these “changes”, these changes to make us “better” then there are no more excuses. It’s yr 3, w/ an upgraded staff, yr 6 here, favorable schedule, etc. If we don’t win 10 games this season w/ a trip to the ACCCG, what excuse can Diaz hide behind?

This wasn’t some “rah rah” post, it was saying if Diaz can’t get’Er done now, he’s all out of excuses & needs to go, straight up. If we win 7-8 games this yr???! Bruh, that’s completely unacceptable. If we don’t win the Coastal this yr??????! That’s Tom Fookery
Cool. Except, firing him as you suggest gets us someone equally bad or worse and we speculate for the next 3 years saying "No excuses in year 3, bro!" We need to break the cycle. As of now, we have the luxury of having NOT extended his contract. I say, instead of firing him early, let it play out and then spend the time and money hiring an actual good coach. Firing him in year 3, regardless of record, puts the school behind the 8 ball once more and you can bet they cry poor mouth after they hire Temple's head coach again.

To sum up, don't fire MAnny until you can guarantee the school has changed its hiring practices DRAMATICALLY!

Cool. Except, firing him as you suggest gets us someone equally bad or worse and we speculate for the next 3 years saying "No excuses in year 3, bro!" We need to break the cycle. As of now, we have the luxury of having NOT extended his contract. I say, instead of firing him early, let it play out and then spend the time and money hiring an actual good coach. Firing him in year 3, regardless of record, puts the school behind the 8 ball once more and you can bet they cry poor mouth after they hire Temple's head coach again.

To sum up, don't fire MAnny until you can guarantee the school has changed its hiring practices DRAMATICALLY!

So let me get this str8:

1. U don’t think we’re capable of winning 10 games b/c of Diaz

2. It’s OK if we win less than 10 games & the ACC b/c of Diaz

3. If we don’t accomplish a feeble goal w/ this s schedule, You feel we should keep Diaz for another 2 seasons, to coach out his contract, putting up mediocre results, thus harming our recruiting for 3 yrs - 4yrs, leaving whoever the new coach is w/ a mess that would take another 2 yrs to correct??

As I pointed out w/ the Golden situation, when u keep a coach past his expiration date, it’s actually more detrimental than firing him. So if Diaz w/ all these changes, the full support of the admin to bring in whatever he needed to “right the ship” can’t get it done now?? Where is there left? U wanna keep the same guy where recruits from the class of ‘22, ‘23, and ‘24 will openly go play elsewhere?? Then when the new guy comes in, he’s gotta try to reshuffle & rebuild?

Nah bro ham. I can appreciate ur pessimism, as I’m one who stays w/ my hoodie down, but this yr is no excuse to win less than 10 games & the ACCCG. Diaz has everything he needs & if he can’t get it done, and we go 7-8 wins, I’m good on cuddy & Blake (for making the hire) being here any further. And Strawley gotta go too.

So let me get this str8:

1. U don’t think we’re capable of winning 10 games b/c of Diaz

2. It’s OK if we win less than 10 games & the ACC b/c of Diaz

3. If we don’t accomplish a feeble goal w/ this s schedule, You feel we should keep Diaz for another 2 seasons, to coach out his contract, putting up mediocre results, thus harming our recruiting for 3 yrs - 4yrs, leaving whoever the new coach is w/ a mess that would take another 2 yrs to correct??

As I pointed out w/ the Golden situation, when u keep a coach past his expiration date, it’s actually more detrimental than firing him. So if Diaz w/ all these changes, the full support of the admin to bring in whatever he needed to “right the ship” can’t get it done now?? Where is there left? U wanna keep the same guy where recruits from the class of ‘22, ‘23, and ‘24 will openly go play elsewhere?? Then when the new guy comes in, he’s gotta try to reshuffle & rebuild?

Nah bro ham. I can appreciate ur pessimism, as I’m one who stays w/ my hoodie down, but this yr is no excuse to win less than 10 games & the ACCCG. Diaz has everything he needs & if he can’t get it done, and we go 7-8 wins, I’m good on cuddy & Blake (for making the hire) being here any further. And Strawley gotta go too.
1. We won't win 10 games because of the overall culture, which will continue with the next coach.
2. We won't win the ACC because of the overall culture which will continue with the next coach.
3. We should keep Diaz to build up funds and develop a new hiring strategy because what we have been doing for over 20 years has not worked. The recruiting excuse has been used to extend every mediocre coach during this period. Save it.

Advertisement
Ummmm; this wasn’t a sunshine post, blood. Lol. It’s literally putting it out there that anything less than 10+ games & a trip to the ACCCG is completely unacceptable. Fck winning 9 games and going 9-4 w/ a 2nd tier bowl game, & not winning the Coastal. Not w/ all these changes & this schedule.
That’s the point. Smacking unrealistic expectations year in and out while doing ZERO research on the teams we face, possible injuries, suspensions and other variables into consideration, then screaming loud and proud fire everyone when it doesn’t meet YOUR standards (aka “Dark Side”)

1. We won't win 10 games because of the overall culture, which will continue with the next coach.
2. We won't win the ACC because of the overall culture which will continue with the next coach.
3. We should keep Diaz to build up funds and develop a new hiring strategy because what we have been doing for over 20 years has not worked. The recruiting excuse has been used to extend every mediocre coach during this period. Save it.

Bruh; lol.

What??

R u even reading or are u just ranting? I get it, u don’t think we’ll win 10 games.

But I’m vexed by ur #3 statement! First u said we shouldn’t fire Diaz and just let me coach out his contract. I made a rebuttal saying if we keep a “mediocre” coach beyond his expiration date, it will HURT recruiting, so he needs to be FIRED immediately. But in ur point #3, ur saying recruiting is an excuse to EXTEND A MEDIOCRE COACH.

Bro, wtf r u talking bout? Lol. U’re so **** bent on ur dislike for Diaz u ain’t even following what I’m saying.

1. If Diaz don’t win 10 games this season, NO, u do no let him coach out his contract b/c he HURTS our team for the long term

2. You don’t “build” money by keeping a mediocre coach around for 5 yrs; that’s actually more detrimental to the cause

3. Diaz w/ his buyout is minute compared to the whole picture. If we start off 4-3, then the admin should be prudent enough to start making contingency plans

4. Ur assuming if we keep Diaz for the entirety of his contract, that a magic potion will automatically change the BOT.

5. All u said have chit to do w/ the OP! The OP stated there’s NO EXCUSE NOT TO WIN 10 GAMES THIS YR; you said you’re not giving an excuse, YET u have given an excuse saying “it’s not feasible b/c of Diaz.” If that’s the case, then DIAZ NEEDS TO GO.

That’s the point. Smacking unrealistic expectations year in and out while doing ZERO research on the teams we face, possible injuries, suspensions and other variables into consideration, then screaming loud and proud fire everyone when it doesn’t meet YOUR standards (aka “Dark Side”)

Go to sleep, blood. Like Fr, this was a top 10 most useless post of all time.

“Smacking unrealistic expectations year in and out while doing ZERO research on teams we face....” LMAO!!! What?? This sounds like the most sit down on the toilet to pee take ever. What does this even mean?

U know what? U right champ; u go root for the team that wins 7 games. U deserve that. I’m going to assume ur the E before W guy. FOH

Advertisement
I agree with your post Relly as this is probably our best roster on paper in a while. However, there’s no excuses why we got our a$$ wedgied then swirlied by UNC to the tune of 50+ points and 700+ yards. Manure is not the guy. Hopefully he pulls out a miracle and proves me wrong next year.

Is ryan day a part time head coach? Is Andy reid a part time head coach because he's to busy calling plays?

Advertisement
Back