No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

Termination for two year one losses and one bad year two loss? Who actually thinks like this?

Go away doofus.
You must be a special type of stupid. Those year one year losses were to FIU and LA Tech. Those are indelible losses that will live in infamy. Manny has put in work to fix those but to dismiss it as just "year one" losses is ridiculous. This is UM.

Advertisement
Agree but QB is the most important position, so hopefully King is healthy, Perry decides to stay or one of the youngsters steps up and show he is ready.
If not, all that talent, all that coaching and all that experience with a favorable schedule will be wasted.

All. Of. This.

U know what’s interesting, El? U know who have question marks coming in 2021? Bama.

They have a brand new QB w/ no real experience coming in

They have to replace their #1 RB

They have to replace their core production of WRs

They had to replace their OC

They have to replace 2 of their top OLmen

They have to replace their #1 CB

They have to replace their #1 LB

They have to replace their award winning long snapper

They have to place their #1 TE

Yet, I don’t hear them making any type of excuses like this fan base does w/ Manny, and I can guarantee that Nick looks at his roster, **** be the age or playing experience, and he’s looking at them like they should win!

For all those reasons we beating Bama.
Just need King to be healthy or one of the young QBs to step up and we go undefeated.

That would most likely mean beatin’ UNC at UNC next year. They are a top 6 team and steam rolled us. Hence, Manny loses again to his former boss for the loss?

North Carolina is still going to be a difficult team to face. Yeah they lost the RB Duo but they have been stacking recruiting classes and landed that Tennessee RB whose a very good starter. It will be Sam Howell last season before he become a Top 10 pick in the NFL if not #1 Overall. All roads to charlotte go through North Carolina, we got to find a way to overcome them
Yeah they have howell,chandler at rb,corrales at wr,two other good young wrs and the entire oline back. They'll be almost as good on offense.

The defense wasn't good but they have 9 starters back most of the backups and a 5 star de and 4 star de. They should be a preseason top 10 team and the coastal favorite

Advertisement
All. Of. This.

U know what’s interesting, El? U know who have question marks coming in 2021? Bama.

They have a brand new QB w/ no real experience coming in

They have to replace their #1 RB

They have to replace their core production of WRs

They had to replace their OC

They have to replace 2 of their top OLmen

They have to replace their #1 CB

They have to replace their #1 LB

They have to replace their award winning long snapper

They have to place their #1 TE

Yet, I don’t hear them making any type of excuses like this fan base does w/ Manny, and I can guarantee that Nick looks at his roster, **** be the age or playing experience, and he’s looking at them like they should win!
Their offense will be a question mark in game 1 but the defense has tons of experience with only baramore,surtain and moses gone. The player to watch is will anderson. He might be the best pass rusher in the country

Their offense will be a question mark in game 1 but the defense has tons of experience with only baramore,surtain and moses gone. The player to watch is will anderson. He might be the best pass rusher in the country

Very true; but they still have holes we should exploit...one being Jobe. Lol

Advertisement
10 wins or bust

you don’t need a perfect roster to win 10 ACC games. VaTech did for 10 years without a good QB most years.

kings health is a question mark but we have 2 highly rated QB prospects you gotta be able to develop one.

Unc is gonna drop a stupid game just like the they did this year against fspoo and Virginia. They were way better than both those teams and they’re losing their playmakers on offense minus howell
People need to look at UNCs last two classes. They had a very good freshman class this year. I expect Tony Grimes and Desmond Evans to take a big step. They have a lot of highly rated WRs and return their entire OL. RB is a big hole but they picked up a transfer from Tenn that should help.

I like the moves, but excuse me if I‘m still, “This is the year that Fink beats the stomach”. Manolo has to put it all together during the season.

Yeah the first year but North Carolina will be a Top 15 Team next year and and should go at least 10-2... Were probably going to have to go undefeated in conference to beat them
So that's two top ten teams we'll beat next year. Good.

Advertisement
I like the moves, but excuse me if I‘m still, “This is the year that Fink beats the stomach”. Manolo has to put it all together during the season.
Wow, it's rare that movie gets mentioned. Classic Bill Murray.

If that’s the case, who does that fall upon?
Oh absolutely. My original post was not meant to be a ringing endorsement of Diaz at all. I was just trying to really level set because for far too long we have heard we are the most talented team in the Coastal, but when we get on the field in between the lines we see some of our talent look like they should be at G5 schools. You can put some on coaches for bad evals and development, but I think some of it is that the players are not as good as they were listed or promoted.

We have some good guys in there now that SHOULD turn that upside down, but my point was roster overhaul is not going to happen overnight. We brought in a receiver to take someones spot for sure, but LB we havent seen any traction. We will see though. Hopefully you're right in that the excuses are done with and we get it done.

Advertisement
We’re at the point now where expecting 10 wins isn’t “drinking the kool-aid”. Expecting an Al Golden 7 win team to jump to 10 wins despite him doing nothing to improve his staff nor brining in top level recruits would be “kool-aid”. Expecting a Mark Richt offense to suddenly become great despite returning Malik Rosier at QB and an offensive staff full of unqualified coaches would be “drinking the kool-aid”. This is a team that won 8 of 10 regular season games last year, returns almost everyone at every position besides DE, and made wholesale improvements on the defensive coaching staff. Not to mention just signed one of the best incoming recruiting classes in the nation. The expectations should be raised. They’ve made the jump from mediocre ACC team to top 25 level program. Now is the time to make the jump to legit top 10-15 team in the nation. They’ve learned to beat the teams they should beat, now it’s time to expect more.
I’ve always expected us to beat the teams we should beat...its kind of redundant to even say that

You must be a special type of stupid. Those year one year losses were to FIU and LA Tech. Those are indelible losses that will live in infamy. Manny has put in work to fix those but to dismiss it as just "year one" losses is ridiculous. This is UM.

Show me any coach in college football history who’s fired in their first year after any loss, regardless of the opponent.

Otherwise stfu.

Except teams lose to teams they should beat all the time. There’s upsets every week.
True but we consistently lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to. Upsets are one thing, consistency is another.

Advertisement
Back