No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.

Advertisement
twerk gif GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's all keep in mind our starting qb has and acl injury. He will.not be anywhere near 100% for the opener.
We tend to get stuck in this "King is our only hope" mindset. We're **** lucky he's coming back, but we need to keep an eye toward the future and not chalk up the QBs we recruit as busts just because they signed with us. We also have TVD and Garcia. TVD has already had a year with Lashlee and should be able to play if needed. Garcia will have spring and fall to get the system. We'll know more after spring, but wouldn't it be nice to find out that one of those two is nipping at King's heels?

Advertisement
We tend to get stuck in this "King is our only hope" mindset. We're **** lucky he's coming back, but we need to keep an eye toward the future and not chalk up the QBs we recruit as busts just because they signed with us. We also have TVD and Garcia. TVD has already had a year with Lashlee and should be able to play if needed. Garcia will have spring and fall to get the system. We'll know more after spring, but wouldn't it be nice to find out that one of those two is nipping at King's heels?
But the team sucks and was lucky to win any games in 2020 I thought?

Add in a few fired coaches and we are unstoppable now?

We still need King to recoup and the Wrs to catch the ball in order for all Manny has done to bear fruit.

Not to mention the LB play has to improve. i have no doubt that we have what we need at DB to be successful but still not sure about the LBs

I guess I'll be the mope. Poorly mismanaged rosters for years don't just magically become whole because of some great coaching hires. We still have depth issues at WR, LB and CB. Excited yes, but cautiously optimistic that this was another correct step up the mountain. Still need an infusion of players to make some cot **** plays and not be told such and such was whatever star coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Back