No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

I agree but I don't want to get overly hyped just to come crashing down.

That should be what we want but what if we lose a couple of close games with stellar defensive performances? What if King doesn't play right away and we come out sluggish and lose, but in the process find our QB of the future?

It takes a few weeks for coaches and players to get into sync but I agree with everyone on here in terms of we seem set up for success into the future.

Advertisement
I guess I'll be the mope. Poorly mismanaged rosters for years don't just magically become whole because of some great coaching hires. We still have depth issues at WR, LB and CB. Excited yes, but cautiously optimistic that this was another correct step up the mountain. Still need an infusion of players to make some cot **** plays and not be told such and such was whatever star coming out of HS.

Sam Howell is a very flawed QB. UNC loses both stud backs and their 2 top WRs. Stop the run and force Howell to go through his slow deliberate reads and manage a muddy pocket and he folds worse than his doppelganger Baker Mayfield. No excuses not to beat the brakes off them next year.

Rip Pour One Out GIF

pouring one out for the Mopes & the Slurpers
food lover chubby kid GIF by beinglatino

Mope or Slurper?

Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
Unleash the Lash and lather up the T's............the Canes are coming
Wolf Street GIF

Advertisement
Unleash the Lash and lather up the T's............the Canes are coming
Wolf Street GIF

It’s time to ride bro.

We literally have everything we need to rock tf out of The Corstal. Again; regardless how I feel about Manny & how he was hired, I NEED HIM TO SUCCEED. I’m f’ing tired of seeing the same teams winning & we can’t sniff the ACCCG?? Now, we have the experience & capable guys of coaching these boys up. We got talented pups in the wings waiting to be next or even fight for a spot. We gotta do this, this yr! I give Manny all the credit in the world for these off seasons. He has all the ingredients; now as the chef, he’s gotta put it together.

Slow down. Some things still need to be checked out before setting these grandiose expectations.

Offensively...
Will King be back to regular form?
Will the O-line take another step forward?
Will the WR unit be better than what we got this year?
How will the TE room look without Brevin?

Defensively...
We just lost 2 DE's that will be drafted in the top 3 rounds, will we be able to replace their production?
Will our new DE's be able to set the edge unlike our last?
Will Nesta and Jon Ford finally tap into their potential?
Will JHH be the same coming off of injury, and will he take the next step in his development?
Will we get competent LBer play next year?
How much of an improvement will we see from our DB's?

Lots of questions marks.

You gotta crawl before you can walk.

I hear ya man.

King needs a full healthy knee....

Our dline has 2 different problems.

Either zero inside push. Or just an outside pass rusher. We need both at the same time!

This is the reason why Bama is going to absolutely manhandle us.

We should be able to win a lot of the rest of our games. But we're still going to go 8-4 , 9-3.

. No bad, but win the f****** bowl game.

Show that Miami actually has a f****** backbone.

Advertisement
Slow down. Some things still need to be checked out before setting these grandiose expectations.

Offensively...

Defensively...
We just lost 2 DE's that will be drafted in the top 3 rounds, will we be able to replace their production?
Will JHH be the same coming off of injury, and will he take the next step in his development?

Lots of questions marks.

Oy vey at this mentality.

It’s time to ride bro.

We literally have everything we need to rock tf out of The Corstal. Again; regardless how I feel about Manny & how he was hired, I NEED HIM TO SUCCEED. I’m f’ing tired of seeing the same teams winning & we can’t sniff the ACCCG?? Now, we have the experience & capable guys of coaching these boys up. We got talented pups in the wings waiting to be next or even fight for a spot. We gotta do this, this yr! I give Manny all the credit in the world for these off seasons. He has all the ingredients; now as the chef, he’s gotta put it together.
True words Relly, I knew you would get a food analogy in there...but seriously, we need to get off the bubble and show something in the ACC.
It has been too **** long.

Advertisement

Offensively...

Defensively...

Lots of questions marks.

Lot's of Questions that need to be answered indeed.

However, we just won 8 games with a lot of question marks. We are assuming the team will be better in 2021.

Saying we should win 10, win the Coastal and make it to a big bowl is not really something you should say "slow down" to.
It should be something we all expect as long as we stay healthy.

I would agree if we played UNC at home. Playing them on the road makes them the Coastal favorites.

My expectation is that we will be a top 10 team in contention for a NY6 bowl game. That may or may not be enough to win the coastal.

Advertisement
Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
Preach brotha

Can not speak for others but my expectations higher than they were a month ago. Only thing left is show us during the season. I think they will.

I would agree if we played UNC at home. Playing them on the road makes them the Coastal favorites.

My expectation is that we will be a top 10 team in contention for a NY6 bowl game. That may or may not be enough to win the coastal.
That is a fair point.
That said, we could lose to them and still win the Coastal.
It would not be the way I want to win it, but it is possible.

Advertisement
Back