No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

@Rellyrell you see how fast people hopped out with the bulletproof vest on making excuses right away?
Lol.

You’re 100% right though, there are no excuses idgaf what parameters people wanna set up to let Manny off the hook, at the end of the day he has no more options left to blame anything on, it’s win or bust this season.

If we don’t win the coastal now, we’re never going to win it in his tenure, we have more than enough to go on a run this season & win 10/11 games.

People need to take the training wheels off & stop babying Manny, he’s a Head ****** Coach of one of the most recognizable brands & top 30 profitable programs in the nation, THE U! If he can’t handle the heat, step aside & let someone else do it.

Winners win, losers make excuses for why they can’t win. So ****** win or be an excuse maker, the choice is simple.

Advertisement
Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
I agree with everything you said....with a HEALTHY D.King.

Advertisement
Can we coach up these LB’s, who were one of the most poorly graded units in our history, to play championship level football? Do we even have the horses?
Between Brooks Flagg cave steed troutman there’s 2 starting backers there. If there’s only one then ***** it and put keontra out there as a linebacker. It’s already painful that he’s buried behind a good player in frierson. Put them both on the field

Sam Howell is a very flawed QB. UNC loses both stud backs and their 2 top WRs. Stop the run and force Howell to go through his slow deliberate reads and manage a muddy pocket and he folds worse than his doppelganger Baker Mayfield. No excuses not to beat the brakes off them next year.
Sounds too much like a gameplan. We don't do those.

Advertisement
I guess I'll be the mope. Poorly mismanaged rosters for years don't just magically become whole because of some great coaching hires. We still have depth issues at WR, LB and CB. Excited yes, but cautiously optimistic that this was another correct step up the mountain. Still need an infusion of players to make some cot **** plays and not be told such and such was whatever star coming out of HS.

I agree at LB. if T Will has those guys playing at a high level he deserves a statue. When it comes to CB we don’t play that many guys, so having Rique, Blades, Couch, and even Ivey should be enough. T Rob should be able to get them ready. I also disagree at WR. We have enough guys in a simple offense to be just fine. We’ll just have to wait and see how good the young guys actually are and play them. Rambo and Harley need to take control of that room.

I guess I'll be the mope. Poorly mismanaged rosters for years don't just magically become whole because of some great coaching hires. We still have depth issues at WR, LB and CB. Excited yes, but cautiously optimistic that this was another correct step up the mountain. Still need an infusion of players to make some cot **** plays and not be told such and such was whatever star coming out of HS.
Poorly managed rosters become significantly less of a liability because of the transfer portal.

Advertisement
Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
If King is ready to go, I agree. Coastal should be the goal

Advertisement
Don’t see the holes at WR from a depth standpoint. Production standpoint yes

don’t have depth issues at CB given blades situation but clear drop in experience after 1st 4. That’s frankly everywhere in the country

linebacker hasn’t been addressed from a instant impact standpoint. Looking for Huff, brooks to take their games to the next level. Year 3 for brooks and year 2 for Huff as a full participant

What I like best about the coaching changes is there are now some very experienced coaches on the defensive side. Just hope Manny will take their advice about needed tweaks in his system as the needs arise. Manny has a great opportunity to learn from some pros. Should make him a better coach. I can see the defense being better this season with the coaching changes in spite of the shortages at certain positions

Advertisement
Back