No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

Why jeopardize the entire season for ALABAMEE. I look at at it as a pre season game.

The Alabama game should be a good gauge to see where this program is at going into the 3rd year for Manny Lombardi.

The goal is to close the gap on Bama and Clemson, not UNC and FIU.

Watch closely on here to who comes out with the, “ this game doesn’t matter” mantra as a way to protect Manny from any deserved criticism after Bama tears him a new one with a completely new lineup.

Advertisement
Love the optimism, but we shouldn’t “expect”
to beat Bama, especially if King isn’t playing or isn’t 100%.

We go into that game with an open mind and maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. After that, expecting us to run the table is understandable. Anything more than 2 losses would be an abject failure.

11-1 is my goal. 10-2 is more realistic, although it would **** me off. 9-3 would be unacceptable.

The Alabama game should be a good gauge to see where this program is at going into the 3rd year for Manny Lombardi.

The goal is to close the gap on Bama and Clemson, not UNC and FIU.

Watch closely on here to who comes out with the, “ this game doesn’t matter” mantra as a way to protect Manny from any deserved criticism after Bama tears him a new one with a completely new lineup.
I think most people just want us to be competitive against Bama. If we play them hard and don’t get embarrassed, I’ll be temporarily satisfied.

However, after that. the expectation is to run the table. We have the talent, depth, and experience to be favored against anyone else on our schedule. It’s up to the coaching staff to have us ready to play.

Bruh; lol.

What??

R u even reading or are u just ranting? I get it, u don’t think we’ll win 10 games.

But I’m vexed by ur #3 statement! First u said we shouldn’t fire Diaz and just let me coach out his contract. I made a rebuttal saying if we keep a “mediocre” coach beyond his expiration date, it will HURT recruiting, so he needs to be FIRED immediately. But in ur point #3, ur saying recruiting is an excuse to EXTEND A MEDIOCRE COACH.

Bro, wtf r u talking bout? Lol. U’re so **** bent on ur dislike for Diaz u ain’t even following what I’m saying.

1. If Diaz don’t win 10 games this season, NO, u do no let him coach out his contract b/c he HURTS our team for the long term

2. You don’t “build” money by keeping a mediocre coach around for 5 yrs; that’s actually more detrimental to the cause

3. Diaz w/ his buyout is minute compared to the whole picture. If we start off 4-3, then the admin should be prudent enough to start making contingency plans

4. Ur assuming if we keep Diaz for the entirety of his contract, that a magic potion will automatically change the BOT.

5. All u said have chit to do w/ the OP! The OP stated there’s NO EXCUSE NOT TO WIN 10 GAMES THIS YR; you said you’re not giving an excuse, YET u have given an excuse saying “it’s not feasible b/c of Diaz.” If that’s the case, then DIAZ NEEDS TO GO.
No. It’s not feasible because of Miami. Go ahead and fire Diaz today, we will be having this same convo in 3 years.

No. It’s not feasible because of Miami. Go ahead and fire Diaz today, we will be having this same convo in 3 years.

Then, respectfully, u should stop being a fan. If that’s the mentality that we can’t win 10 games b/c we’re “Miami”, just tune off of C.I.S & stop watching the team. B/c by ur “Miami” statement, that means no matter who the coach, no matter who the players, no matter who r on the support staff, b/c we’re Miami, nothing will change.

If that’s ur feelings, that’s ur feelings. Just not sure why U’re even on a fan site.

Advertisement
Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
If Wiggins and pope are the starters then get ready for a bust season

Why jeopardize the entire season for ALABAMEE. I look at at it as a pre season game.
Exactly just compete on the big stage all I ask. Isn’t realistic imo to think we can beat the natty champs. (Don’t care they just lost 25 starters
Lol) Saban can out coach Manny so that’s where i think the game will be won or lost.

Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
If perry is the starter I agree, but also keep in mind, let's not act like rhett lashlee has proven to be some type of top notch OC, against the more solid teams he showed nothing but that he gets confused and makes matters worst by thinking trying to out speed and run more offensive plays than the next team is the key. Who cares about offensive play count, we need better offensive execution.

Also his short yardage offensive play-calling has actually been trash, consistently goes with obvious offensive formations that opposing defense just lock in on. We gotta get tougher on offense mentally, rhett's got work to do!

Advertisement
If perry is the starter I agree, but also keep in mind, let's not act like rhett lashlee has proven to be some type of top notch OC, against the more solid teams he showed nothing but that he gets confused and makes matters worst by thinking trying to out speed and run more offensive plays than the next team is the key. Who cares about offensive play count, we need better offensive execution.

Also his short yardage offensive play-calling has actually been trash, consistently goes with obvious offensive formations that opposing defense just lock in on. We gotta get tougher on offense mentally, rhett's got work to do!

Oh for sure.

Then, respectfully, u should stop being a fan. If that’s the mentality that we can’t win 10 games b/c we’re “Miami”, just tune off of C.I.S & stop watching the team. B/c by ur “Miami” statement, that means no matter who the coach, no matter who the players, no matter who r on the support staff, b/c we’re Miami, nothing will change.

If that’s ur feelings, that’s ur feelings. Just not sure why U’re even on a fan site.
It's my alma mater. I root for them even if they are expected win 0 games. Orange and Green till I die. The end.

My G, its precisely the fans that are able to accept this reality, dust themselves off, and still come to this forum day after day, attend game after game, donate to the program yr after yr, all while not spreading an ounce of negativity & toxicity because of unrealistic expectations related to winning and clinging to the past, who are actually the TRUE fans in this fanbase. The rest of these cats are delusional fair weather fans whose allegiance to the team is only contingent on winning or on having attended the school.

Last edited:
Good the slurpers need to see this so when we lose by 50 and I sound the Fire Manny alarm they’ll know why. If Manny Diaz is the right guy for this program Miami should be in a position to finally be able to upset a team like Bama.
And when we beat them what alarm you'll be setting off.

Advertisement
I actually have come around and now believe we are going to win... just saying if we don’t and it’s another embarrassing loss this place will know how I feel about it.

I got carried away here, we’re not going to win but I expect a close game or else.

-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

I agree with you. Having said that, to me this is much more about being consistently excellent over time as opposed to putting it all on one season. To me this is much more about building something back up to a level where we are going to be a playoff contender and ACC title contender consistently over the course of a few years as opposed to putting pieces together then expect everything to be realized that year. Still your point stands as there is no excuse for us not to be in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
Man. 10+ pages of back and forth just to say we should have the exact same results we had 3 years ago when Malik “barely good enough to earn a baseball scholarship” Rosier was at qb.

It’s gonna be a loooooong offseason.

is he talking about the same miami giving him every opportunity to succeed?

I think most people just want us to be competitive against Bama. If we play them hard and don’t get embarrassed, I’ll be temporarily satisfied.

However, after that. the expectation is to run the table. We have the talent, depth, and experience to be favored against anyone else on our schedule. It’s up to the coaching staff to have us ready to play.
truth be told if you were to hand pick a situation to play bama this would be it.

-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

Agreed. The addition of Shoop truly solidified this frame of thought for me... With him Coordinating the defense during the week and implementing the game plan (along with Simp, Will, TRob and Manny) - there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be eating faces on Gameday. Manny needs to allow Shoop to coach up the tackling, leverage, and assignment fundamentals as well.

Best staff we’ve had at Miami since Coker’s very first staff. Easily. Off-season Manny finally woke up about his do-boys after he was beat over the head 62-800 times... and went out and hired a BEASTLY coaching crew.

Props to him for refusing to die a quick death.

We need to beat the living fugg out of UNC, win the Coastal, and give Clemson a piece of their own medicine. Now or never.

Advertisement
Back