N'Kosi Perry shout out/ Withdraws from Portal/Back at the U

Amazing how y’all get so angry like he ****ed your wives.....

Are you mad about Kosi? About Manny actually getting players to stay?

You hate all the players whether they stay or go. Hate the older starters until the youngsters play and then they are busts too...
I hate when good players leave early and the inconsistent ones stay

Advertisement
i don't understand why he wouldn't have gotten bites in the portal. the kid is obviously extremely talented and QBs with far worse tape have gotten their shot.

You're assumption of hate is an odd thing. He just irritating to watch. Hard to hate some one you've never met
Hate as in negative talk. Loosely used term. He was great in the bowl game. When did you watch him when he was properly coached? 1 time & he played well.

Might get killed for saying this, but Perry seemed to see his targets and hit them more regularly, at least for one game. King is good, but I'd be lying if I said I was impressed with the O outside of a few games with King at QB. Most of the year it just felt like the O was stuck in second gear, and we were grindin' 'em trying to find'em.

This isn't a knock on King, but on what Lashlee was asking King to do. It felt like with Perry in there, he was just allowed to sling it. With King, it was like we were trying too hard to fool the D to set up plays. Don't get me wrong, that needs to be done from time to time. However, most of the time the best plan is to man up and beat the guy on the other side. We just look like we're trying to be too cute with King in there.

All that being said, I am really glad Perry is coming back, and I was one of his harshest critics. I expect him to either be the starter for Alabama, or being the first off the bench if TVD gets mauled like DBC on a camping trip in Alaska.
OH MY. DBC. Welp I feel bad for the bear he wanted salmon and got DBC instead.

Advertisement
OH MY. DBC. Welp I feel bad for the bear he wanted salmon and got DBC instead.
Bear #1: I'm telling you guys. I bit that creature ONCE and I can't get the taste out of my mouth! What the **** WAS that thing?

Bear #2: I don't know, Ralph, but I'm glad it was you and not me. I ate a hippy last year and tripped for a week!

Great decision for both parties. Even if King comes back in 2021 he's a ticking time bomb, and then it's Kosi's turn in 2022 which leaves ample time for TVD and Garcia to develop.

Advertisement
CMR ran 5 plays, stop it.

CMR's offense was RPO based pro-style. 5 plays or not, it depended on reading keys and defenses. That requires a lot of thinking.
Enos offense was PA based pro-style. Again, required thinking and turning back to the LOS, then having to reacquire the WRs. 7 step drop with a bad OL meant pass rush was going to be all over the QB.
Lashlee's offense is a power spread with Air Raid elements mixed in. Fast pace, easy reads and ball gets of the QB's hands quickly. For a QB like Perry who is mobile and has a live arm but doesn't read defenses well, that's the offense that suits him best. He's got no future as a NFL QB, but could be an extremely effective college QB.

Only a douche bag would think this is not good news. The kid has really matured and is well liked. Win/win for the program.
We know what we have with Kosi...dude doesn’t have it between the ears. Would rather roll with the young guys and get them more reps. Our coaches don’t have a good track record with early PT and this surely isn’t gonna help.

Advertisement
Good luck fella, really looking forward to his career after football.
68A22D68-8C32-4A6B-AB2D-456BAECC010D.jpeg

Advertisement
Man, if King isn't ready and Perry gets the start against Bama some of these clowns are gonna kill him if he doesn't play like he did against Okie St.

Gotta respect Kosi's love for the U though.

View attachment 141554
Wouldn't it be something though, if he finally brings it on the field, win, lose or draw? Im rooting for the kid. He has been victimized by poor coaching (Before Lash), and all the coaching changes. He's hung in there all thru. I hope he kills it.

CMR's offense was RPO based pro-style. 5 plays or not, it depended on reading keys and defenses. That requires a lot of thinking.
Enos offense was PA based pro-style. Again, required thinking and turning back to the LOS, then having to reacquire the WRs. 7 step drop with a bad OL meant pass rush was going to be all over the QB.
Lashlee's offense is a power spread with Air Raid elements mixed in. Fast pace, easy reads and ball gets of the QB's hands quickly. For a QB like Perry who is mobile and has a live arm but doesn't read defenses well, that's the offense that suits him best. He's got no future as a NFL QB, but could be an extremely effective college QB.
Reading offenses require good teaching and putting in film study. First is on his coaches and the second is in the kid. What the **** was learning from Jon Richt or Dan Enos? The first had not business at a D1 school. The second was a flamer. What Perry can do that King cannot is see and throw across the middle.

Bear #1: I'm telling you guys. I bit that creature ONCE and I can't get the taste out of my mouth! What the **** WAS that thing?

Bear #2: I don't know, Ralph, but I'm glad it was you and not me. I ate a hippy last year and tripped for a week!
Imagine, if he ate a female hippy...

Advertisement
Back