N'Kosi Perry shout out/ Withdraws from Portal/Back at the U

not sure how true this is. didn’t see it on here. all credit to canes empire

Attachments

• BF70FDDF-78A4-4E0A-9F2B-890EDAD1FA61.png
    BF70FDDF-78A4-4E0A-9F2B-890EDAD1FA61.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 272
Advertisement
He had a hard time staying eligible, running afoul of team rules, couldn't beat out Rozier or Williams and hold it, and had numerous "2nd chances."

When he appeared to maybe have finally gotten to the place he needed to be maturity-wise (about where he should have been 2 years ago) - and you really can't judge that from the few times he saw the field this season - it was too little, too late.

He had a few memorable moments as a Cane, I pulled for him early. Seen a lot of excuses, ifs, ands, and buts on here about him. If you played college ball you understand that when that opportunity is presented, you **** sure better grab it with all you got, because it might not come your way again. After all the opportunities he had, he never fully understood that and the program moved on. That's life in the fast lane.
Where are you getting that from. He made all acc academic honor roll last year.

Last edited:
I like this move as a fan. I have a hard time believing King will be ready by game 1...Def won't be his old self by then. If the OK St. game wasn't a fluke for Perry then he probably gives us the best chance to win the other 3 games before Miami gets into conference play. As much as I love the potential I dont see how anyone thinks the two young guys will be ready. I know it was a tiny sample size but Van Dyke came in during the UNC game and looked awfully slow to me

Advertisement
I'll never forget when Richt pulled him after 2 picks vs Virginia. I really believe if that kid stays in Miami wins that game. Its the clear he has the ability as we have seen vs VTech in 2018 & 19 and that is with horrible OC's.

As far as him starting vs Bama, to take a quote from Mindy Ripstein, "They all can be beat; right time, right place, right circumstances."
We'll see

Also the possibility that he could battle it out for the starting job in 2022 with Van Dyke and Garcia. Im sure most fans wouldn't like that but again if OK St. wasn't a fluke I wouldn't mind the option being there when king is gone for 2022. No one really knows what miami has with TVD and Garcia

Advertisement
Either they know King wont be back for part of the season or Perry just loves being at Miami more than having a chance to start. Much respect to him for staying but have a feeling King wont be ready

Advertisement
Ferman saying that Perry has 3 classes to finish to graduate and plan is for him to finish those this spring . He won't be involved in Spring ball. After he graduates, he will be a grad transfer with 2 years.
In that case then congrats and best of luck to him.

This is honestly the first thing I thought when I saw this....something happened with D'Eriq. No idea if that's actually the case or not but it was the first thing I thought of.
He won’t. Perry is our Fitz. Only good for a little bit then be becomes a TO machine

Advertisement
i don't understand why he wouldn't have gotten bites in the portal. the kid is obviously extremely talented and QBs with far worse tape have gotten their shot.
He had some offers, I think he wants to graduate first. Probably still going to leave.

Glad to have him back

He plays well against Bama that’s big for him

****, he could have a great game against Bama and then immediately transfer to a school that has a later start date. Garcia did it (HS, I know, but still).

Advertisement
Back