How would him adding 10 pounds increase his durability and/or toughness?
Are there any scientific studies that would support this idea that a QB adding 10 pounds makes him more durable? Adding weight can make guys stronger, but I haven’t seen any proof that adding weight makes you more durable.
right. he was beaten into the ground, forced to play injured, had weak OC's, and a HC that treated him like dirt.Are you ******* kidding me? If Jacory was out there this year he would have won 10 games too. Regardless, I dont have "fond memories" of Jacory. I wanted him gone as much as the next guy. My point was if Jacory wasnt thrown to the wolves early as an undersized QB with no line he would have developed differently. Getting sacked tons of times as a skinny young kid conditions people to force the throw early and caused him to become a pick machine. If Jacory was signed by Richt and had time to develop I think we would be looking at a totally different player.
right. he was beaten into the ground, forced to play injured, had weak OC's, and a HC that treated him like dirt.
he actually played pretty well under jedd. i agree. i think the attacks on him were unfair.Exactly. The kid was a legend in HS, but was thrown to the wolves and abused all through his career. He is one player I legitimately feel bad for. If we had a different coaching staff or he went to a different school he might be playing on Sundays. I actually saw him on campus a bunch of times( I was a fresh and soph while he was Junior and senior) and he was actually a real cool dude. One of the nicest players I met.
Common sense doesn’t apply to scientific matters. Either there’s science to support the theory that forcing weight on a QB inhibits injuries, or there isn’t.Probably so. But it is just common sense, the bigger the player, the more punishment they can absorb.
Common sense doesn’t apply to scientific matters. Either there’s science to support the theory that forcing weight on a QB inhibits injuries, or there isn’t.
What does that have to do with forcing weight on a QB or the alleged relationship between adding weight to a QB’s body and the added pounds making a QB more durable.
I've seen skinny college athletes put on good weight over course of college career. Wouldn't worry about.The obsession with weight on this board is OCD psychosis. Perry is a naturally thin guy just like the guy who won the Heisman a couple years ago. Jackson ran the ball a lot more than Perry will, and he’s fine.
If Perry can play he can play. All you mongoloids obsessed with unnaturally packing weight on players should take a knee.
I would take Rosier over Jacory, even with all of Rosier's erratic performance. No comparison in my mind.See - Rosier wins 10 games, gets us to the ACC Title Game, yet is a bum. But people be remembering Jacory fondly. He could have never left, bulked up like DeNiro in Raging Bull, and would still be throwing pics.
Based on what?
Thank you this is it right hereI’m sure we’ll find out his weight this spring. Yes having more meat on his bones is better than 175. If he can be like 190 this year I think that’s fine. Ideally around 205, he’s just a thin frame guy he’s never gunna be 220 pound QB
Amen brother! now you are speaking my language. Won't HE do it, won't He will!It's time to pass the offering plate around because you just preached a much needed sermon. Hopefully, someone got delivered!!! Let the church say, Amen!
It feels like every other day there is a thread created about "Player A" gained 7 lbs, "Player B" grew 1/3 centimeters, "Player C" hat size is now 7 1/2. It's the same repeat offenders [offender] that continually start these type of threads, which most of the content is based off of a Twitter post.
Amen?
Ask Andrew Luck how having extra weight is working out for him.
Now let the church say, Amen!