N'Kosi Perry...Is the too small argument valid?

I’m sure we’ll find out his weight this spring. Yes having more meat on his bones is better than 175. If he can be like 190 this year I think that’s fine. Ideally around 205, he’s just a thin frame guy he’s never gunna be 220 pound QB

Advertisement
There's a reason why small peopledon't last long in the nfl.need that meat around your bones to absorb that pounding a body takes in a football game.

That pic of him is photo shopped. The Miami humidity, heat, and his obsession with running and eating healthy have him down to 155 lbs. the training staff had to get him pop Warner pads and they sew his pants on for each practice so they don’t slide down his hips.

How would him adding 10 pounds increase his durability and/or toughness?

Are there any scientific studies that would support this idea that a QB adding 10 pounds makes him more durable? Adding weight can make guys stronger, but I haven’t seen any proof that adding weight makes you more durable.

Probably so. But it is just common sense, the bigger the player, the more punishment they can absorb.

Are you ******* kidding me? If Jacory was out there this year he would have won 10 games too. Regardless, I dont have "fond memories" of Jacory. I wanted him gone as much as the next guy. My point was if Jacory wasnt thrown to the wolves early as an undersized QB with no line he would have developed differently. Getting sacked tons of times as a skinny young kid conditions people to force the throw early and caused him to become a pick machine. If Jacory was signed by Richt and had time to develop I think we would be looking at a totally different player.
right. he was beaten into the ground, forced to play injured, had weak OC's, and a HC that treated him like dirt.

Advertisement
right. he was beaten into the ground, forced to play injured, had weak OC's, and a HC that treated him like dirt.

Exactly. The kid was a legend in HS, but was thrown to the wolves and abused all through his career. He is one player I legitimately feel bad for. If we had a different coaching staff or he went to a different school he might be playing on Sundays. I actually saw him on campus a bunch of times( I was a fresh and soph while he was Junior and senior) and he was actually a real cool dude. One of the nicest players I met.

Exactly. The kid was a legend in HS, but was thrown to the wolves and abused all through his career. He is one player I legitimately feel bad for. If we had a different coaching staff or he went to a different school he might be playing on Sundays. I actually saw him on campus a bunch of times( I was a fresh and soph while he was Junior and senior) and he was actually a real cool dude. One of the nicest players I met.
he actually played pretty well under jedd. i agree. i think the attacks on him were unfair.

Don’t care what Perry eats as long as he does it while watching film.

Everything I’ve read indicates he was a neophyte at breaking down the why and when of what he needs to do against more complex defenses.

He has to master those subtleties, and so far the messages on that seem so-so, our he’ll be eatingest backup in America next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nkosi has the best hair. Not Lonnie Walker good. Love their hair. Wish I could do that.
The obsession with weight on this board is OCD psychosis. Perry is a naturally thin guy just like the guy who won the Heisman a couple years ago. Jackson ran the ball a lot more than Perry will, and he’s fine.

If Perry can play he can play. All you mongoloids obsessed with unnaturally packing weight on players should take a knee.
I've seen skinny college athletes put on good weight over course of college career. Wouldn't worry about.

Just saw a pic of a 3-star CB who just committed to FSU. Skinny as he11. It said he was 170 but I can't believe how skinny he is.

Can't remember his name.

Again not worried about N'kosi. Freshman who had to start for FSU was pretty skinny.

I think a sizable portion of this is mental too. A N'kosi Perry weighing a legit 200+ lbs is probably way more confident (and confident that he can take/survive a big hit) than the 118lb true freshman kid that had some of us saying "I dunnooooo" based on appearance alone when some of us wanted him to start last year.

That said, the weirdos that have some formula where they say "I like a 6'4" kid.....playing this position.....to be at least 228.4 lbs" should just apply for a teaching position at the Alfredo Golden Institute of Old School Big and Slow Ten Football Corching and Buzz Wordology.......now with a new campus in State College, PA (at the former site of The Second Mile offices).

See - Rosier wins 10 games, gets us to the ACC Title Game, yet is a bum. But people be remembering Jacory fondly. He could have never left, bulked up like DeNiro in Raging Bull, and would still be throwing pics.
I would take Rosier over Jacory, even with all of Rosier's erratic performance. No comparison in my mind.

Advertisement
Again, I understand the point Chise is trying to make and agree that Perry's weight will not be the determining factor.

But since we're all fans of a team from an institution of higher learning, let's not go crazy and dismiss facts. The definition of mass = resistance of an object to external forces. So, by the laws of physics, if a football player has more mass, he is better able to resist any hit he receives by a defender.

I think we need to be careful not to equate "absorbing blows" with injury propensity. Yes, a 300 lb man can take a hit better than a 150 lb man, but I think the point Chise is making is that adding weight/mass doesn't always correlate with injury reduction.

I’m sure we’ll find out his weight this spring. Yes having more meat on his bones is better than 175. If he can be like 190 this year I think that’s fine. Ideally around 205, he’s just a thin frame guy he’s never gunna be 220 pound QB
Thank you this is it right here

Advertisement
Back