NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

What have we seen from Rosier in the last 10 games that makes anyone think he is more capable of leading us. This take completely omits the fact that the book is out on Rosier and he has been rendered essentially useless by any team with a pulse. If this was a Kelly Bryant situation and we had a 66% passer sitting on the bench with a lower ceiling, than fair point...but Rosier completes less than 50% of his passes. So he is just as inaccurate and has a lower ceiling.

Psssst.... we don't have a ton of ******* options. One knuckle-head, one suspended and a TF...oh boy!

Advertisement
These dudes don't get it all. I guarantee you if Perry was playing for Riley, Day, Briles, Lane he'd be looking like a freshman AA right now. Richt isn't doing anything to take advantage of the kids skill set as a passer.

People act like every QB has to be studying 24/7 or else they aren't studying the playbook at all. If people think Lamar was studying film 24/7 his first couple years at Louisville I got some land in Mexico to sell you. Same with Johnny Money and numerous other elite college QBs. This isn't the **** NFL.

Also these dudes are with the position coach going over the game plan prior to games. Richt and Jr dont just rolled up to the stadium all

If he didn't know the game plan and his assignments prior to the game he would never have been in in the first place. Throwing interceptions doesn't mean he didn't know the playbook or he doesn't know how to read defenses lol. I saw Dorsey as a **** JR on a stacked team go to garbage *** BC and throw 4 picks (should have been 5) and two of them were worse than any decisions Perry has made. Guess he didn't study the playbook or know how to read defenses.

Crazy that two weeks in a row one of the guys who should know if Perry knew the plays and was ready or not didn't want Perry taken out of the game. Funny how the game that Chicken Richt listened to Jr the canes won in historic fashion and the game he didn't Miami lost to a **** garbage team.

the interceptions (even though one was the result of a poor route by the wr) gave chicken Richt an excuse to do what he always wanted. He's safe just being a 9/10 win top 20 team that can be good without taking the risks needed to be elite. He doesn't like the risk/rewards that come with a player like Perry. he'd rather his QB Chuck it five yards out of bounds so it doesn't result in a turnover. If Perry plays again good luck every getting the JT clucth 3rd down throw in the seam in or Langham TD in the back of the end zone between two defenders. Richt is going to have the kid second guessing all his decisions and no longer anticipating or trusting his wr ability to make the play. We all better hope Jarren is a less rapey version of Jameis that can make Richts rigid *** look like a genius. Although it's more likely we'll be watching some garbage *** grad transfer since Perry and Weldon will be gone and Jarren still won't know the playbook and is two risky (like calling his own QB keep play in the SSU game).

Using Manzell and Jackson as examples to Perry's situation is ridiculous. Talentwise, he couldn't make a pimple on either one of their asses even if he had Riley, Day, Briles, or Kiffen as his OC/QB coach. When a player has less physical talent, they make up for by working harder an burying themselves in film and the playbook - ie Tom brady. Obviously, Perry hasn't done that.

Pope, true freshman, probably weighs a buck 70 - hope they didn't recruit him to block. This kid is extremely gifted, to date, has been given
little to no opportunity to showcase his gifts. If his redshirt is burnt, should start utilizing him.
I certainly agree. This is the problem with plug and play Richt. why would they be asking Pope to block this play right now?

The guy who posted it is not a bull**** guy and not the type of guy who throws **** out there. I would not just toss something like this out there if I didn't trust where it came from. Granted its not something I can confirm as completely accurate, which is why I worded as I did.

Im not going to openly contradict Dee here, but I will suggest we lets things play out. You've been around long enough to know that stuff like this has a way coming out over time. We'll know by year end just how real this "event" was. Right now, it does seem to make sense based on a number of things we know about Perry and his attitude towards things.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ post

Advertisement
Pope plays the outside WR position. Why would we flip people and tip the play. You guys all says it so predictable, but now youre really making it predictable.

Ask yourself this...why could Mike Harley make that block last year, who is smaller in height and weight than Pope, but he couldn't. I'll give you a hint it's called heart and tenacity. Now maybe you understand why Pope is just now getting burn with all our injuries.

If you want to play you've got to be able to block at WR. Period.

This is EXACTLY the thought process. We beat the types of teams left on the schedule with Rosier and a defense that wasn’t nearly as good. The thinking is “I can’t risk losing to the types of teams we beat last with Rosier because the QB is clueless and giving away possessions.”

I’d expect a lot of simplicity on offense, heavy reliance on the run game, and leaning on the D going forward. He’s going to try to sneak his way into a Coastal title by just protecting the football and making good decisions.

the two of you need to stop making sense.

it puts you in an awkward position relative to 99% of CIS

He allowed Malik to keep playing because he didn’t think he had any other option. Perry isn’t even ready this year, so he sure as **** wasn’t ready last year. Shirreffs showed us how woefully incompetent he was when Rick finally got fed up with Malik.

This year, the fan favorite Perry got himself suspended so he couldn’t use him against LSU. Then, Rosier goes for 5 TDs in a road game that we probably would have lost with Perry because we needed to match Toledo score for score when they started torching our D. After that game, he got benched.

Then, Perry stunk for most of the FSU game just like Malik did against them last year. Then, Perry absolutely sprayed ***** again at UVA and got yanked. Perry had the reins. It was his job. All he had to to was play good QB against a couple putrid defenses. And he gagged.

None of this is a defense of Malik or Rick. I think they both stink. But this is about what gives us the safest shot at beating exactly the types of teams Malik beat last year with a far inferior defense on his side.
You have selective memory. At UVA, Perry had only 6 passes and 2 interceptions in which Richt said the receiver ran the wrong route and wasn't Perry's fault. Hardly spreading ***** as you call it.
I have to question your agenda for making such a comment. He didn't make enough passes to pass judgment either way.

Perry was being harrassed by the FSU defense all day. FSU was a different team that day especially their defense. They had like 13-14 TFLs and nearly as many sacks as are defense. Hard to complete a high percentage on your back and let's not forget all those drops. I do think the FSU rush sped up Perry where he mad some errant throws. I thought he acquitted himself in the 2nd half.

Bottom line there is too much negativity for such a small body of work. Why doesn't Perry get the same opportunity to succeed or fail as Rosier? Rosier was on the losing side of 4 straight games where he had more Interceptions than touchdowns.

Last edited:
Did they ever say why he didn’t make the trip to Dallas for the opener? It just seems like there is a lot of baggage with kosi that Richt just wants nothing to deal anymore. So when he starts talking about “maturity” I get it...

Advertisement
[QUOTE="The Franchise, post: 3533827, member: 4841"

Again, I think Rick should give up play calling, and I think we’d instantly be much better offensively if we hired a great OC.[/QUOTE]

In multiple places I have seen reliable sounding comments that Thomas Brown and another staffer craft the offensive plays, and they are then run through Richt for final approval, perhaps refinement. (Not sure about the up in the booth / headset logistics.) Also heard more than once from sources like NFL players watching that the plays are largely simplified vanilla to accommodate the limited book-learning capabilities of the QB and others...

...I admit to having an agenda where I think player execution is more the cause of our miseries than play-calling, some of it perhaps mandated by circumstances as above, and not necessarily "originating" from Richt. I know I am way in the minority on this (banner for OC, etc) and of course player execution is as much a function of prep, training, motivation, and "coaching" than just talent...

...but I just don't understand all the extreme focus on "Richt's play calling" per se... what am I missing in the above commentary?

What have we seen from Rosier in the last 10 games that makes anyone think he is more capable of leading us. This take completely omits the fact that the book is out on Rosier and he has been rendered essentially useless by any team with a pulse. If this was a Kelly Bryant situation and we had a 66% passer sitting on the bench with a lower ceiling, than fair point...but Rosier completes less than 50% of his passes. So he is just as inaccurate and has a lower ceiling.
Is this post advocating for Perry or Williams? And what did you read in my post that makes you reply as if I like Rosier?

Zero chance Kosi is “skipping” meetings. The amount of time that they put in at the Hecht on a daily basis is crazy. They are there before 6 AM daily (4am if you have to “run”), they have breakfast, treatment, practice, snack, position meetings, treatment, lunch, class, treatment, study hall, dinner, (this doesn’t include individual stuff that they do), & then freedom. That freedom usually starts between 7-8 PM. By that time they just want to go home & chill. I’m not saying your source is lying, BUT if ANYONE misses a meeting, they flat out ain’t playing. Period end of story.

@Tweed I wanted to give props to your boy, Lorenzo. Watched him on the sidelines during the UVA game (I sat very close to the bench). I keyed on him often and throughout the game, I watched him: encourage teammates, stand in offensive position huddles and be an active listener/participator, keep himself warm by jogging in place and up and down the sidelines, go through what seemed like mental walk throughs all done in preparation for when his number was called. Really impressed.

As you know, there are backups on this team that are inactive participants during game - off to the side not talking to anyone, hamming it up with other bench players or just sitting in the same place the whole game. Lorenzo was none of these - the consummate professional. I look forward to watching him get some (hopefully) carries over this latter season stretch.

Who wants Perry to play after seeing his "rich gangsta vid"? The guy can't read defenses or remember plays, but he does that crap-at Miami? I would "transfer" him myself..................

I will take MR and hope the staff gives him instrutions to run more and throw more short options for passing, jet sweeps, toss sweeps, three step slot isos.........win what we can and try to fix things in the off season...........................

Advertisement
You have selective memory. At UVA, Perry had only 6 passes and 2 interceptions in which Richt said the receiver ran the wrong route and wasn't Perry's fault. Hardly spreading ***** as you call it.
I have to question your agenda for making such a comment. He didn't make enough passes to pass judgment either way.

Perry was being harrassed by the FSU defense all day. FSU was a different team that day especially their defense. They had like 13-14 TFLs and nearly as many sacks as are defense. Hard to complete a high percentage on your back and let's not forget all those drops. I do think the FSU rush sped up Perry where he mad some errant throws. I thought he acquitted himself in the 2nd half.

Bottom line there is too much negativity for such a small body of work. Why doesn't Perry get the same opportunity to succeed or fail as Rosier? Rosier was on the losing side of 4 straight games where he had more Interceptions than touchdowns.
What has Perry done to take the job and keep it? You talk about agendas, what's yours? Are you part of the Butch Booty Brigade?

Advertisement
@Tweed I wanted to give props to your boy, Lorenzo. Watched him on the sidelines during the UVA game (I sat very close to the bench). I keyed on him often and throughout the game, I watched him: encourage teammates, stand in offensive position huddles and be an active listener/participator, keep himself warm by jogging in place and up and down the sidelines, go through what seemed like mental walk throughs all done in preparation for when his number was called. Really impressed.

As you know, there are backups on this team that are inactive participants during game - off to the side not talking to anyone, hamming it up with other bench players or just sitting in the same place the whole game. Lorenzo was none of these - the consummate professional. I look forward to watching him get some (hopefully) carries over this latter season stretch.
Ambassador Lingard is a winner. Can’t wait to see him bust out into the open field with that 1970’s gallop of his.

What has Perry done to take the job and keep it? You talk about agendas, what's yours? Are you part of the Butch Booty Brigade?
What has Perry done? He’s not Malik. That’s all he’s done. And that’s enough for the dummies in this fanbase. These dudes have already quit on the season and are only looking to get their hero Perry ready for next year even though the odds are he won’t even make it to next year here.

He was given the starting job and proceeded to give it back by putting up the same performance Malik did last year against FSU and then looking like he’d rather be counting his stack of hunnids and shopping for grills as UVA stomped him.

Malik is awful. But Perry is a huge liability right now.

What has Perry done? He’s not Malik. That’s all he’s done. And that’s enough for the dummies in this fanbase. These dudes have already quit on the season and are only looking to get their hero Perry ready for next year even though the odds are he won’t even make it to next year here.

He was given the starting job and proceeded to give it back by putting up the same performance Malik did last year against FSU and then looking like he’d rather be counting his stack of hunnids and shopping for grills as UVA stomped him.

Malik is awful. But Perry is a huge liability right now.

Yep. They also point to "well, he beat FSU!" Guess what? So did Rosier last year against tougher odds and with 2 super clutch 75 yard drives in the 4th quarter.

“Playing through adversity” is fan speak. It’s the HC’s job to try to win every game not to let some guy who is obviously drowning on the field play through adversity.

There’s no reason to believe that Perry continuing to flail and throw the football to UVA was suddenly going to stop in the third quarter because he magically got all the dumb *** and choke out of his system.

More likely, it would have compounded and gotten worse because he looked like he had no reason for what he was doing. He was just playing sandlot ball, and UVA’s DC and defenders were feasting on him. This wasn’t a pass bouncing off a receiver’s hands and getting picked or Perry making the right read but his arm got tapped as he threw; he was clueless and just throwing it up for grabs.

And before you hit me with “yeah, but Malik is ,,,, “ save it. The HC can’t stand there in a conference game with his dyck in his hand while the QB throws the ball up for grabs. He had to do something. I’d get Jarren ready because these two guys are both incredibly flawed, but that’s a different discussion.

Excellent post.

Advertisement
Back