NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

@Tweed I wanted to give props to your boy, Lorenzo. Watched him on the sidelines during the UVA game (I sat very close to the bench). I keyed on him often and throughout the game, I watched him: encourage teammates, stand in offensive position huddles and be an active listener/participator, keep himself warm by jogging in place and up and down the sidelines, go through what seemed like mental walk throughs all done in preparation for when his number was called. Really impressed.

As you know, there are backups on this team that are inactive participants during game - off to the side not talking to anyone, hamming it up with other bench players or just sitting in the same place the whole game. Lorenzo was none of these - the consummate professional. I look forward to watching him get some (hopefully) carries over this latter season stretch.
Before the Bowl game against WVU a few yrs ago @Tweed held a barbecue close to Camping World Stadium....You could tell even back then he was a Great kid....Handled himself very maturely the entire event...Took Pics with everybody...and kicked it....very accommodating to all...Even served the Barbecue....Lol

Advertisement
Yep. They also point to "well, he beat FSU!" Guess what? So did Rosier last year against tougher odds and with 2 super clutch 75 yard drives in the 4th quarter.
Exactly. That was a better FSU team last year coached by a competent coach. If Perry sprayed diarrhea all over himself in front of the wine and cheese UVA dorks imagine what he would have done in Tallahassee.

This year's FSU team is a toilet. I fully expect Wake to put up better offensive numbers on them than we did. I don't know if that freshmans QB Howell is still alive at Wake, but if he is he'll find a bunch of open receivers against that porous FSU defense.

Perry is clearly the better thrower of the football. But there's a lot more to winning a college football game, especially on the road on red bandana night, than being able to throw the ball in 7 on 7 situations.

I hope one of Perry or Williams can beat out Rosier because I already know how bad Rosier is. I don't hold out a ton of hope for Perry based on his cluelessness against UVA and his less than stellar ball protection.

I'd love to see Williams get a few reps. We probably won't see Williams, though, until we are mathematically eliminated from the ACC title race.

Imagine if we had stuck with Sitkowski and never tried to flip Jarren from Kentucky. We'd be super****ed. Thankfully Richt was not stubborn in that situation.

You're not allowed to give Richt credit for dropping Sitkowski and bringing in Williams. You're only allowed to give Richt "credit" for recruiting Sitkowski in the first place. Please try to keep up.

From Memory Williams played in one game so far this year, so he has 3 to play and keep the redshirt. He can play 3 more games if the strategy is to redshirt him, let him start the Duke home games and ease him on. If he does well keep him as the starter (***** the redshirt) inclusive if we make the ACC ship and the bowl game.

Advertisement
You have selective memory. At UVA, Perry had only 6 passes and 2 interceptions in which Richt said the receiver ran the wrong route and wasn't Perry's fault. Hardly spreading ***** as you call it.
I have to question your agenda for making such a comment. He didn't make enough passes to pass judgment either way.

Perry was being harrassed by the FSU defense all day. FSU was a different team that day especially their defense. They had like 13-14 TFLs and nearly as many sacks as are defense. Hard to complete a high percentage on your back and let's not forget all those drops. I do think the FSU rush sped up Perry where he mad some errant throws. I thought he acquitted himself in the 2nd half.

Bottom line there is too much negativity for such a small body of work. Why doesn't Perry get the same opportunity to succeed or fail as Rosier? Rosier was on the losing side of 4 straight games where he had more Interceptions than touchdowns.

FSU was better last year than this year on both sides of the ball and coaching. Rosier had a better day than Perry did (rosier didnt have two short fields the way perry did). Perry hasn't been tearing it up since FIU, which is the issue. if he had been stellar since FIU, im sure his leash would have been longer against UVA. also, if the stuff about perry and his lack of prep is true, i can't blame any coach for trying to kick his *** a bit. a QB who doesn't do any film study when he already cant read defenses isnt a QB that is going to be successful.

All this meltdown, back and forth, and locker room reporting because the QB couldn't read a zone defense.

I'm as disappointed as anyone in the outcome of that game, and I'm as disappointed as anyone that N'Kosi was suspended for LSU, but Richt still made the switch taking everything into account. If Perry was unprepared, that's as much on Richt as himself.
I refuse to believe that no matter what happened on the first few drives there wasn't anything Richt could have done to help Perry out besides benching him. You won't convince me otherwise.

UM needed a change at QB, a change was made. When it was evident that the offense was struggling, the reaction was to go back to Rosier. So, any hope that Richt looked inward can go out the window.

Get out of my face with this locker room, party boy theory bull****.

FSU was better last year than this year on both sides of the ball and coaching. Rosier had a better day than Perry did (rosier didnt have two short fields the way perry did). Perry hasn't been tearing it up since FIU, which is the issue. if he had been stellar since FIU, im sure his leash would have been longer against UVA. also, if the stuff about perry and his lack of prep is true, i can't blame any coach for trying to kick his *** a bit. a QB who doesn't do any film study when he already cant read defenses isnt a QB that is going to be successful.
Agreed somewhat. We don't know about Perry's work ethic. Until I hear it from Richt, it just rumors. Secondly, I disagree that FSU was better last year. I don't care what there record is this year. Since we are talking about our offense, IMO, their defense played better in our rivalry game this year than last. Everything else you said I agree with.

Advertisement
This is EXACTLY the thought process. We beat the types of teams left on the schedule with Rosier and a defense that wasn’t nearly as good. The thinking is “I can’t risk losing to the types of teams we beat last with Rosier because the QB is clueless and giving away possessions.”

I’d expect a lot of simplicity on offense, heavy reliance on the run game, and leaning on the D going forward. He’s going to try to sneak his way into a Coastal title by just protecting the football and making good decisions.

I get all that but why switch to Perry in the first place when you know there will be growing pains. He could have stuck with Rosier and still got Perry some reps. Just seems like Richt is flying blind and really has no plan at all.

Agreed somewhat. We don't know about Perry's work ethic. Until I hear it from Richt, it just rumors. Secondly, I disagree that FSU was better last year. I don't care what there record is this year. Since we are talking about our offense, IMO, their defense played better in our rivalry game this year than last. Everything else you said I agree with.

Do you really think that's gonna happen? Even if it did (which it won't), this board would go into overdrive with posters accusing Richt of throwing Perry under the bus to save face. Not gonna happen.

What has Perry done to take the job and keep it? You talk about agendas, what's yours? Are you part of the Butch Booty Brigade?
Real mature of you clown.

First off, my agenda is rational thinking.

Perry has done as much as Rosier and he's a redshirt freshman so he should get more room for mistakes than Rosier. Secondly, Rosier has had more leeway than any QB as far as mistakes go. Richt chose Perry to start in the 1st place because Perry has a better passing skillset than Rosier.

Trying to pass judgment on a freshman with a body of work of 4 games where one of them he only threw 6 passes is total bs. I wouldn't even pass negative judgment on a freshman if he started the whole season and played badly because he has 3 more years to get better.

You all trying to predict a QBs future based a limited sample.

Do you really think that's gonna happen? Even if it did (which it won't), this board would go into overdrive with posters accusing Richt of throwing Perry under the bus to save face. Not gonna happen.
He could simply say our QBs and other players need to put more time in the film room for us to be better a s a team. Then, we would know what he's talking about without throwing any one person "under the bus."

Advertisement
He could simply say our QBs and other players need to put more time in the film room for us to be better a s a team. Then, we would know what he's talking about without throwing any one person "under the bus."

him saying maturity is code for youre not getting **** done lol

also FSUs D was absolutely more talented last year than this year and they still had fisher as a coach. they lost derwin, mcfadden, sweat off the top of my head. imagine if either of the 3 were still playing at FSU this season?

Advertisement
Even Kosi knows this peanut butter and vanilla jam POS playbook sucks balls. I want my quarterback to light it up.

One thing to WANT a quarterback to "light it up"—another for him to actually be able to do it; and for a kid with maturity issues who couldn't even beat Rosier out in spring, or hold on to the starting job for more than two games—
None of this surprises me. Half of Perry's social media is him messing around or playing video games. I'm not saying these kids shouldn't have fun but it's obvious Nkosi has a mental gap and not studying isn't going to help. That's one thing I loved about Brad was he was 100% in on playing QB at the U and took the off field stuff very seriously. Just wish he was mobile lol

To this point, Kaaya even shut down all his social media platforms for the 2016 season as he didn't want the distraction and was working to get better.

It's fine line in sports; the guys who you just wish had a little more talent—they're usually your harder worker, but can't quite turn the corner (Rosier is one of these guys, too)—and then you have the naturally-gifted guy, who is used to it coming to him so easy that he doesn't have to work; which ultimately does him in as you HAVE to work to compete at the highest level.

The jump from high school to college is a big one. Perry simply doesn't seem to making that transition well.

Real mature of you clown.

First off, my agenda is rational thinking.

Perry has done as much as Rosier and he's a redshirt freshman so he should get more room for mistakes than Rosier. Secondly, Rosier has had more leeway than any QB as far as mistakes go. Richt chose Perry to start in the 1st place because Perry has a better passing skillset than Rosier.

Trying to pass judgment on a freshman with a body of work of 4 games where one of them he only threw 6 passes is total bs. I wouldn't even pass negative judgment on a freshman if he started the whole season and played badly because he has 3 more years to get better.

You all trying to predict a QBs future based a limited sample.

He's Ray Charles when it comes to football...don't waste your time.

You pretty much have heard it from Richt. What do you think he means when he keeps saying guys like Perry and Weldon have "maturity issues". It's been said over and over, dating back to spring—and what a shock; both have been suspended this season.

None of this surprises me. Half of Perry's social media is him messing around or playing video games. I'm not saying these kids shouldn't have fun but it's obvious Nkosi has a mental gap and not studying isn't going to help. That's one thing I loved about Brad was he was 100% in on playing QB at the U and took the off field stuff very seriously. Just wish he was mobile lol

what? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

there are 24 hours in a day...you know this right?

Advertisement
Back