NIL cap, 50k a yr idea

Exactly, people that are against NIL's & the transfer portal don't look at the negative effects of NCAA laws & bylaws in personal terms.

I’d be a real hypocrite if I advocate for financial liberty, the free enterprise system, and the ability of an individual to market himself and his efforts for compensation, but then say pick a cut out, like college athletes, and say they can’t partake in what I believe in.

Advertisement
You wouldn't accept those options as a regular Joe.
I did and so has every college athlete up until now, has accepted a version of those terms. You don’t have time for a full time job when you play sports. So depending on the sport and your scholarship, you are choosing to get paid or take payment in form of a scholarship.

And fwiw I could care less about NIL and the portal and the burden it puts on coaches, etc. they get paid enough to deal with it. I’m saying that could have been an option.

Yes, lets have a 50k cap so Alabama/SEC knows they just have to offer 70k to get a kid because we know some school will actually follow that cap sh*t.

norm-macdonald.gif

I did and so has every college athlete up until now, has accepted a version of those terms. You don’t have time for a full time job when you play sports. So depending on the sport and your scholarship, you are choosing to get paid or take payment in form of a scholarship.

And fwiw I could care less about NIL and the portal and the burden it puts on coaches, etc. they get paid enough to deal with it. I’m saying that could have been an option.

"Accepted"? Nahhhh, y'all were coerced/extorted. It's not binary, never was supposed to be.

Advertisement
"Accepted"? Nahhhh, y'all were coerced/extorted. It's not binary, never was supposed to be.
Call it whatever you want, but when “profit sharing” becomes a thing like it might be in California and non revenue sports gets cut, it will be the kids that get hurt.

Like I said Idc about NIL and I’m all for kids getting what they earned, but when you start pulling money from a sport and giving it to kids bc they made money, that’s where I draw the line. Small schools athletic departments are gonna get crushed, in the name of “fairness.” It’s gonna hurt more kids than it’ll help.

Call it whatever you want, but when “profit sharing” becomes a thing like it might be in California and non revenue sports gets cut, it will be the kids that get hurt.

Like I said Idc about NIL and I’m all for kids getting what they earned, but when you start pulling money from a sport and giving it to kids bc they made money, that’s where I draw the line. Small schools athletic departments are gonna get crushed, in the name of “fairness.” It’s gonna hurt more kids than it’ll help.

LOL, that's exactly why College athletes that play revenue generating sports should get the money. Have you seen the bios of kids that play non-revenue sports? It's like the who's who of trust fund babies. They can afford to go to schools to like UM & USC without the scholarship. And if anything the proposed California bill further deregulates the NCAA, what you call "fairness" is what I call capitalism.

LOL, that's exactly why College athletes that play revenue generating sports should get the money. Have you seen the bios of kids that play non-revenue sports? It's like the who's who of trust fund babies. They can afford to go to schools to like UM & USC without the scholarship. And if anything the proposed California bill further deregulates the NCAA, what you call "fairness" is what I call capitalism.
You’re talking about a small minority of kids who play water polo, rowing, and other obscure sports. You’re leaving out equivalency sports like baseball, soccer, etc.

Advertisement
As long as the sec bagmen are out there you can cap or not cap or regular or not regulate nil.

I wouldn’t mind regulating it but who’s gonna regulate those redneck boosters?

If you ain’t gonna drop the hammer when they get caught then why cap something thats legal?
The rebel rags scandal and the redacted testimony told you why we are at this point. Schools are fed up with the frontrunners doing whatever TF they want to whoever they want.

Are those schools still gonna add sweetener to the coffee? Absolutely, but now money won’t be the only reason to pick a school.

Advertisement
This wouldn't make much sense tbh. They would just pay the 50k NIL and the rest in the old bag game money. This would be a disadvantage to us. IMO, if you get an NIL deal, you go from being a "Student Athlete" to "Sponsored Athlete". Whatever you make in NIL should affect your scholarship status. Rather it be you pay a portion of your own tuition, room, and board or what not. This would help free up money across all sports.

...Would be accumulative too. If miami pays a kid 30k for the year then he will only be able to receive 20k more for that year.

200k over 4 years and a scholarship.
Bama and Georgia just go under the table again, I want it all in the open.

...Would be accumulative too. If miami pays a kid 30k for the year then he will only be able to receive 20k more for that year.

200k over 4 years and a scholarship.
I will agree once we salary cap coaches like Sabag.

Advertisement
STOP trying to figure out how to minimize these student athletes earning potential!

Let’s fckn talk about capping coaches salaries and the perks they receive for winning football games because of the work those student athletes are putting in on the field!

do you think the NCAA will require schools to have a independent appraiser of some sort determine whether a deal is appropriate to their market value?

How?

The NCAA had YEARS to regulate. It's not like this was some big surprise. And the NCAA did NOTHING.

I'm a reasonable person. I'll listen to reasonable ideas. But how in god's name do you think the NCAA (a) can do anything, (b) will do anything, and/or (c) is capable of doing the right thing at this late date?
The NCAA’s greed is why all this is happening. People have been ripping them more and more the past decade and their best idea was “ let them make money off their name and likeness, then we won’t have to hear the whole pay the kids talk”.

The Nil took the focus off their profits and giving them away. The plan worked.

Ive said for years the Ncaa’s only job is take bullets for the colleges, kinda like Goodell does for the owners. Rip both even though they work for colleges /owners.

Advertisement
Back