NIL cap, 50k a yr idea

Advertisement
**** anyone that thinks that a person in America shouldn’t be allowed to earn his or her worth. If you believe earnings should be capped, move to a communist country and do it to yourself. Should the kid be capped to two meals a day… oh wait that was the old rule. STFU!!! It’s time for college football to be fair to EVERYONE, especially the kids playing the game.

...Would be accumulative too. If miami pays a kid 30k for the year then he will only be able to receive 20k more for that year.

200k over 4 years and a scholarship.

Supreme Court has already said trying to limit a persons NIL value is illegal. Said it pretty strongly, 9-0.

If the NCAA or a conference or a school tried they would be destroyed in court again and held liable.

Advertisement
It's unamerican to do such a thing. We live in a capitalist based country. These kids deserve to get every penny someone is willing to pay them.

I think a better idea is to have a percentage, say 40 - 60%, of the money earned placed in a compound earning trust for them. The money would become available upon graduation, being drafted, or at the age of 25. I think this protects the student athlete from themselves and others. It promotes finishing school and still has flexibility within its structure for the player. Win-Win in my opinion.

I think the transfer portal needs regulating, not NIL.

Last edited:
That was the initial thinking when it started but now there are kids who are saying they won't play unless they get paid more, talks of bidding wars, transferring for money. Seems like it's getting out of control.

There has got to be a better way to do this then the person with the deepest pockets wins.

Keep in mind, I'm all for ruiz, love the guy for what he's doing. I hope we work the system for all it is currently.

Advertisement
I think a better idea is to have a percentage, say 40 - 60%, of the money earned placed in a compound earning trust for them. The money would becomes available upon graduation, being drafted, or at the age of 25. I think this protects the student athlete from themselves and others. It promotes finishing school and still has flexibility within its structure for the player. Win-Win in my opinion.

You wouldn't accept an arrangement like that, so a Colllege athlete certainly wouldn't. Like that commercial says, they want their money now!!!

Unless there’s some kind of player union formed that can negotiate a collective bargaining agreement, there’s nothing anyone can do to cap earnings. The players are not employees of the school. They aren’t getting NIL deals from the school. The money is coming from private businesses. The Supreme Court has already ruled on the matter. Capping the NIL is the same thing as capping your salary at work because some outside force decides the value of your work and not the person paying you.

Besides, what is to stop all the schools who were blatantly paying players when it was illegal from doing that again. You’re just putting the burden of oversight back on the NCAA which has proven time and again to not only be inept but also selective about whom it chooses to enforce rules against.

Advertisement
Cool, lets restrict NIL deals (illegal) so that the big time programs can work their bag game again.

Lets restrict the opportunity for college athletes to market THEMSELVES with PRIVATE ENTITIES because FREEDOM!

Exactly. It would just go back to leased Chargers and McDonalds bags full of cash dropped in a parking lot. The genie is out of the bottle and for once the U has an opportunity to get it's seat back at the table.

Advertisement
If a player is not getting paid, it is because he either isnt worth the money, is not properly educated on NIL, or isnt doing a good job marketing himself. The dudes that are coming in expecting to be paid to be at a school, to me, just shouts the type of player that was in it for the bag from the previous era. That's ok by me, just win! And as for capping their earnings...fvck that! It's about taking the power back. These kids throw their bodies on the line for the rich people at the top to get richer. Fvck 'em and get what you can while you can. Tomorrow in football isnt promised and, recently, Ahmmon Richards and Malek Young can tell you that.

...Would be accumulative too. If miami pays a kid 30k for the year then he will only be able to receive 20k more for that year.

200k over 4 years and a scholarship.

Why restrict a human from making money? Good for the kids to be making life changing money off a billion dollar industry that has used their talents for profit for the last 60 years. Now ppl want to already take that power away from them?

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

If a player is not getting paid, it is because he either isnt worth the money, is not properly educated on NIL, or isnt doing a good job marketing himself. The dudes that are coming in expecting to be paid to be at a school, to me, just shouts the type of player that was in it for the bag from the previous era. That's ok by me, just win! And as for capping their earnings...fvck that! It's about taking the power back. These kids throw their bodies on the line for the rich people at the top to get richer. Fvck 'em and get what you can while you can. Tomorrow in football isnt promised and, recently, Ahmmon Richards and Malek Young can tell you that.

Exactly!!!!!

Are you going to cap coaching salaries too? Might want to cap capital expenditures for the glory projects in sports as well.

Advertisement
Back