Nike air Barrage

Advertisement
Point being, as I tried to tell everyone, Nike never wanted to bounce from us, but that Golden fiasco showed them we weren't the same program that they fell in love w/.

It's been since 2015, and already Nike has created three drips repping us, that the masses went crazy over and sold out immediately; Jordan Solefly, Air Max 97, and now the Nike Barrage. How does a company who no longer rep us drip things, and our current sponsor has done chit? I'm looking at Florida, Michigan, UNC, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, OSU all get specialized cleats and off-field drip, and we still rocking team boost from 2015. The "Yeezy Boost Hurricanes" are f'ing knock offs that you can get online for $65-80!!! The only authentic chit we have from Adidas are some old boost, and that's bull chit.

Relly, you’re one of my favorite posters but this is Nike zombie type **** right here. Nike didn’t care enough to keep nor invest in the Miami brand. That’s a fact. Adidas crushed them in the bid war. These shoes mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nike also treated this program like **** in the last few years under contract. Stop living in denial. Nike wanted out of Miami. Hopefully, we make them regret it one day.

That being said, I bought these shoes.These are fire.

Relly, you’re one of my favorite posters but this is Nike zombie type **** right here. Nike didn’t care enough to keep nor invest in the Miami brand. That’s a fact. Adidas crushed them in the bid war. These shoes mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nike also treated this program like **** in the last few years under contract. Stop living in denial. Nike wanted out of Miami. Hopefully, we make them regret it one day.

Thank u sir; and let me ask; would u keep investing in something that shows no growth?

Also, outside of Oregon, do you know who received the most alternate jerseys?

It’s not a Zombie thing, bro; if u go back to my original post when the switch happened, I explained why and how it happened. It was Blake’s inactivity and inability to fire a guy who was dragging our program down. We get a fresh new jersey concept, and then, boom! 2014 happens, and Blake keeps Al. That sent red flags.

So Adidas takes a flier on us; they look at this as an opportunity to become a dominant force in CFB, and I warned everyone; all this love affair that’s starting off w Adidas, Michigan got it too, and once Michigan started off being mediocre, Adidas began treating them like just another program. It’s already beginning to happen. Adidas’ focus now is U-Dub & AZ St.

I’m a sneaker head, apparel guy...I’m in to it all. Got friends that work for both companies. Nike never wanted to give us up; but like I said, Blake, the direction of the program, it wasn’t conducive. Adidas took a flier, and Miami is still just milking money.

****, Adidas just dropped John Wall for underperforming and not meeting their criteria, so I’m hoping if we have another lackluster season, Adidas put some pressure on The U to do something.

And bruh, isn’t the b-ball team under Fed instigation b/c of them?

Last edited:
Right before the '17 season started. I've been looking for the new models but I don't think they have made any since. I can't find any '18 or '19 full bubble Air Max

So I’ve been trying to tell ppl, Nike never wanted to give us up, but Blake “kinda” forced their hands. Nike has been low key dropping a lot of Miami Hurricanes themed shoes. It’s b/c they still got mad love, it was just business.

Advertisement
So I’ve been trying to tell ppl, Nike never wanted to give us up, but Blake “kinda” forced their hands. Nike has been low key dropping a lot of Miami Hurricanes themed shoes. It’s b/c they still got mad love, it was just business.
I dont know the Blake James side of it but they have released multiple Miami themed shoes you are correct. Gatorade 1's and 6's, the barrages, and others. **** they didn't even make that many when Miami was with them. The whack *** field generals were awful in the pastel powder puff colors.

Adidas has they had the 2 Ultraboosts, a bounce model, and a couple of crazy light models.

I custom made mine but I hear you. I know exactly how they feel about continuing to invest in a tanking stock.

1580398740001.png

Advertisement
Need more of these. Would like to see some Miami themed Night Joggers, too.
The Nite Joggers would be nice. I've seen some color ways that were close, but I'm looking for Nite Joggers, NMD R1s, Ultra Boosts and if I'm really dreaming, some Ultra Boost Laceless or Knits... The Hi-Tens were straight for something retro, but I'd like Adidas to put out 2 to 3 official Miami releases a year with these shoes. Also, it'd be nice if they could finally release those button down baseball jerseys I see on the players. I've been looking for those for forever.

The Nite Joggers would be nice. I've seen some color ways that were close, but I'm looking for Nite Joggers, NMD R1s, Ultra Boosts and if I'm really dreaming, some Ultra Boost Laceless or Knits... The Hi-Tens were straight for something retro, but I'd like Adidas to put out 2 to 3 official Miami releases a year with these shoes. Also, it'd be nice if they could finally release those button down baseball jerseys I see on the players. I've been looking for those for forever.

1000% agree w u, pimp

I agree, but it's the trend. Your boy Kanye got his shoes modeling that route, too. And Brock, these were the top resale shoes for 2019. Only one Adidas shoe is on the list. Adidas done fell way off, and I told you after King stepped down, this would happen.

Whats with the 'resale' value? These are a limited release and hard to acquire I take it? Im always looking for easy investments!

Advertisement

Just cut the nonsense [EDIT: not your personal nonsense, the Nike nonsense]. Miami was the ORIGINAL national apparel/shoe university deal that Nike signed. IF NOTHING ELSE, they should have re-upped the deal for legacy purposes. Did Nike drop North Carolina when the football team went on probation? What if the UNC basketball team tanks? Nike will still stick with UNC, win or lose, because of Jordan. There's more to "just business" than "what is happening today, at the moment that the contract comes up for renewal".

Miami may not be selling AS MUCH merch as we did in the glory days, but we are still one of the bigger sellers.

I know this is a little old, but it coincides with when the football team was not doing well, and the Nike contract was coming up for renewal:

2012-2013

Source: https://www.licensing.org/press-rel...g-universities-and-manufacturers-for-2012-13/

Top-75 Universities

(1.)The University of Texas at Austin

(2.) The University of Alabama

(3.) University of Notre Dame - PRIVATE

(4.) The University of Michigan

(5.) University of Kentucky

(6.) Louisiana State University

(7.) University of Florida

(8.) University of Georgia

(9.) University of North Carolina

(10.) The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville

(11.) The University of Oklahoma

(12.) Texas A&M University

(13.) University of Wisconsin

(14.) University of Nebraska

(15.) University of Tennessee

(16.) University of South Carolina

(17.) West Virginia University

(18.) Auburn University

(19.) The Pennsylvania State University

(20.) University of Missouri

(21.) Florida State University

(22.) The University of Kansas

(23.) Oklahoma State University

(24.) Clemson University

(25.) University of Louisville

(26.)Texas Tech University

(27.) Virginia Tech

(28.) University of Illinois

(29.) The University of Arizona

(30.) Arizona State University

(31.) Syracuse University

(32.) UCLA

(33.) University of Washington

(34.) Duke University - PRIVATE

(35.) Purdue University

(36.) University of Utah

(37.) University of Miami - PRIVATE

We are the third-highest private university, behind Notre Dame and Duke. Now, I'm not making an excuse to be #37, but I'm just pointing out that 34 of the schools ahead of us sell a TON of merchandise to their own massive student populations.

Last edited:
Just cut the nonsense. Miami was the ORIGINAL national apparel/shoe university deal that Nike signed. IF NOTHING ELSE, they should have re-upped the deal for legacy purposes. Did Nike drop North Carolina when the football team went on probation? What if the UNC basketball team tanks? Nike will still stick with UNC, win or lose, because of Jordan. There's more to "just business" than "what is happening today, at the moment that the contract comes up for renewal".

Miami may not be selling AS MUCH merch as we did in the glory days, but we are still one of the bigger sellers.

I know this is a little old, but it coincides with when the football team was not doing well, and the Nike contract was coming up for renewal:

2012-2013

Source: https://www.licensing.org/press-rel...g-universities-and-manufacturers-for-2012-13/

Top-75 Universities

(1.)The University of Texas at Austin

(2.) The University of Alabama

(3.) University of Notre Dame - PRIVATE

(4.) The University of Michigan

(5.) University of Kentucky

(6.) Louisiana State University

(7.) University of Florida

(8.) University of Georgia

(9.) University of North Carolina

(10.) The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville

(11.) The University of Oklahoma

(12.) Texas A&M University

(13.) University of Wisconsin

(14.) University of Nebraska

(15.) University of Tennessee

(16.) University of South Carolina

(17.) West Virginia University

(18.) Auburn University

(19.) The Pennsylvania State University

(20.) University of Missouri

(21.) Florida State University

(22.) The University of Kansas

(23.) Oklahoma State University

(24.) Clemson University

(25.) University of Louisville

(26.)Texas Tech University

(27.) Virginia Tech

(28.) University of Illinois

(29.) The University of Arizona

(30.) Arizona State University

(31.) Syracuse University

(32.) UCLA

(33.) University of Washington

(34.) Duke University - PRIVATE

(35.) Purdue University

(36.) University of Utah

(37.) University of Miami - PRIVATE

We are the third-highest private university, behind Notre Dame and Duke. Now, I'm not making an excuse to be #37, but I'm just pointing out that 34 of the schools ahead of us sell a TON of merchandise to their own massive student populations.

Bro; I agree w u, and I mentioned this back in 2015. I also mentioned two regrets from what I heard was f’ing up The Steph Curry presentation (which they even clowned in NBA 2K19) and letting us go. There were some internal conflicts on this. And I was very ****ed w them b/c we launched their apparel phase.

No arguments here; But UNC is a totally different beast, same w Oregon. Can’t compare. That’s MJ’s & Phil Knight’s alma maters. They will always be Nike schools, if nothing else.

Bro; I agree w u, and I mentioned this back in 2015. I also mentioned two regrets from what I heard was f’ing up The Steph Curry presentation (which they even clowned in NBA 2K19) and letting us go. There were some internal conflicts on this. And I was very ****ed w them b/c we launched their apparel phase.

No arguments here; But UNC is a totally different beast, same w Oregon. Can’t compare. That’s MJ’s & Phil Knight’s alma maters. They will always be Nike schools, if nothing else.

Advertisement
Whats with the 'resale' value? These are a limited release and hard to acquire I take it? Im always looking for easy investments!

Most are the hard shoes to get to make a sizable profit; however, I’ve flipped shoes that were easily assessable, but it wasn’t met w initial rave reviews. They get re-released and ppl all of sudden go wild. Lol. B/c my shoe is what’s called a dead stock (an original or a 2nd release) and it literally has no mileage on wear, as an example: if I paid $150 originally, I can flip it for like $220.

The Bots have made it really difficult to get rare shoes; so I do something a bit different; I go to the source; Oregon. Every now & then, Nike employees have friends & family day. (Limit to 2 ppl). There, u can access the employee store. I’ve been twice. So I may put up a shoe that’s not released to the public (this is your biggest seller). But since I don’t have access like that; I found something better; The Nike store in Oregon tend to have color ways specific to The Northwest & Canada, so the shoe may not be rare, per say, but the color way is not common.

There’s no sales tax in Oregon, so u get true prices. I’ll flip a $100 dunk w this crazy colorway for like $180-190. Or b4 the the mint J’s were released, I got them for $220 and flipped for $380. When I occasionally get a rare shoe, I can never get 2, so I tend to just keep them for myself. I haven’t made crazy money b/c I usually can’t get another rare shoe to flip (whether Adidas or Nike), but $80 here, $100 there ain’t bad.

I don’t really flip like that anymore, however, b/c my job keeps me pretty busy and line my pockets very well, but couple years back, I would make anywhere from $2000-2200/month flipping unique color way shoes.

My little homies just got picked up by Oregon; one for an academic scholarship, and the other for football (class of 19). So I tasked them to get me stuff. Lol.

Rellyrell good details.........but for Nike without the direct connection it is a business decision to put out product in our colors without the U impramatur so it really is "fake Miami" without the school endorsement.....
May look good, but not the real article.
It is as you stated a "business decision' .

If any “authentic Nike” go for $10, in any Asian Country, there’s a 99.9% chance they are not authentic. Lol

If u’re saying that’s how much it cost to make those shoes, OK, fair point...but then every single clothing item you have is in that same category; So r u a dumb *** American for paying more for everything u own, clothing-wise? Once it leaves the factories/sweat shops, it automatically gets marked up, even in the country it’s made in....just like anything made here.

I suggest u read the book “Retail is For Dummies.”

They actually cost $1 to make probably...

The workers pilfer the shoes and resell them on the streets... Nike boxes and marketing materials all included...

Advertisement
Back