NiJel Pack

Dude take a xanax. We def overhyped him coming in and expected him to be in the same form as he was at Kansas State.

I literally just said verbatim what you did about the half season.

You like to pick fights on here and your schtick is old.

Good call out on the name spelling tho.

He berated half this board a month ago just because we all thought NC St was a good team lol. He was dead wrong, as we all knew then, but that's besides the point. A simple disagreement about a mostly-irrelevant topic shouldn't cause a grown man to insult other people.

He is the definition of a keyboard warrior. I put him on ignore, which has been great. Now I only see him when someone else quotes him.

Advertisement
Wong had a month long stretch where he put this team on his back. He delivered our biggest win of the season vs UVA and helped us avoid disaster vs Cornell.

I'm not sure I'd say he's truly "special", but by that definition, he has an argument.
He’s a very good college player.

He berated half this board a month ago just because we all thought NC St was a good team lol. He was dead wrong, as we all knew then, but that's besides the point. A simple disagreement about a mostly-irrelevant topic shouldn't cause a grown man to insult other people.

He is the definition of a keyboard warrior. I put him on ignore, which has been great. Now I only see him when someone else quotes him.

"Berated half this board"...hilarious. Nope, just you and a couple of hardheads.

And I was right, of course. Beating teams that are not at the top of the ACC did nothing for us. Nor did losing.

Waaaah, waaaah, you have me on ignore. Who cares? Go cry some more and convince yourself that "we all" thought NC State was a good team.

Hypothetical Friday game while the board discusses Gattis...

So you get to keep JUST 3 players to keep for the rest of the season. Who would not pick Wong, Miller, and Omier?

Advertisement

So you get to keep JUST 3 players to keep for the rest of the season. Who would not pick Wong, Miller, and Omier?
I roll with this. There’s nobody on this roster that can make up for what we lose with Miller. He’s a glue guy that always makes the right play. Both sides of the court. No way I give him up.

Advertisement
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Pack needs to work on speed and explosiveness this off-season to take the next step
For some reason, when I see Pack on the floor he reminds me of Kyle Lowry. Don't know why but he does. Not at all saying he's going to have the NBA career Lowry has had, but just in his play and physical attributes Lowry comes to mind.

Advertisement
Pack's late game performance tonight was a thing of beauty. I thought that him getting into a rhythm was imperative for this team to be successful this year. Now, he's scored 15+ points in 4 of the last 5 games. It's looking like he's getting hot at just the right time. This team will be a real threat in the tourney if he can keep up this momentum. We're a good team even when he's not performing like that, but when he's sniping on the court like he was tonight, this team can compete with anybody.

Advertisement
Well, he has been pretty darn good offensively the last 3 games. 51 points, 13-25 from 3, and 4-4 from the stripe. We need nice college players and most importantly he is starting to fit into his roll well. Just in time for the tougher half of league play on our schedule.
He is going to definitely help us down the stretch. Like the fact he is driving to the basket when the opportunity is there.

I'd pick Wong, Miller and Omier, easy. Pack can be guarded more easily than those three. As witnessed by him having zero points with only a relatively few minutes left in the game last night.

Pack's range is exciting and amazing. Reminds me of Jack McClinton, who simply used a step-back move to get his 3 pt shot off from deep. Nijel and Jack both like room to shoot; last night, for whatever reason, VT gave it to Nijel and he showed out.

Put a really good man defender on Pack, though, and I think you can hold him in check. One thing last night's explosion could open up for Pack is a lane to drive to the hoop. That would be an effective use of his jump-shooting reputation.

Maybe I'm using inaccurate parameters, but Pack (when he's "on") reminds me a lot of Charlie Moore and how he sparked us to a fab finish. If that turns out to be an enduring thing, I might even be convinced to choose Miller, Pack, and Omier as 3 "keepers". (sorry, Sir B.)

Advertisement
Back