NiJel Pack

1676357236116.png
1676367173281.png

STFUPACK!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m putting @Cribby on the spot with this. But others should feel free to chime in.
You and I have debated what Pack does that makes him special. The 2 traits I argued he had that are above average, and dare I say special are:
ball handling and shooting. Do you still believe that Pack’s shooting is not “special”?

And if not, who would you argue is as good a 3 point shooter in college, and that includes not only shooting percentage but range. And before people start arguing that range doesn’t matter, it does because when a shooter has great range the defense has to extend further from the basket leaving more room to drive past the defender AND easier entry passes. See Steph Curry.

Pack has been worthy of debate, and not just because of his price tag. But I would submit that Pack has done more than enough up to this point to justify everything he has received.

I’m putting @Cribby on the spot with this. But others should feel free to chime in.
You and I have debated what Pack does that makes him special. The 2 traits I argued he had that are above average, and dare I say special are:
ball handling and shooting. Do you still believe that Pack’s shooting is not “special”?

And if not, who would you argue is as good a 3 point shooter in college, and that includes not only shooting percentage but range. And before people start arguing that range doesn’t matter, it does because when a shooter has great range the defense has to extend further from the basket leaving more room to drive past the defender AND easier entry passes. See Steph Curry.

Pack has been worthy of debate, and not just because of his price tag. But I would submit that Pack has done more than enough up to this point to justify everything he has received.
I’m the guy who said he’s a good college player and was defending him. He’s just playing as I expected he would , especially late. He’s more comfortable and everyone has their niche carved out now. I just thought the bar was always set at an unrealistic level by some.

People here either crap on the player and say ”they were a waste of money “or it’s the opposite ……”they’re special”. I‘m in the middle where I’ve always been. I still don’t think he’s a special player.

Advertisement
I’m the guy who said he’s a good college player and was defending him. He’s just playing as I expected he would , especially late. He’s more comfortable and everyone has their niche carved out now. I just thought the bar was always set at an unrealistic level by some.

People here either crap on the player and say ”they were a waste of money “or it’s the opposite ……”they’re special”. I‘m in the middle where I’ve always been. I still don’t think he’s a special player.
Whoever questions the money Pack got probably doesn't know or understand what the going rate is for top tier college basketball players. Over the years there have been HS recruits who got that and more. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Pack got that kind of money after the numbers he put up at Kansas St.

Any player at any level (HS, college or pros) that can shoot the 3 ball above the 40% clip is a very good shooter. With Nijel's range it makes him an elite 3-point shooter. He's come on in recent weeks and if he continues to shoot the ball the way he has the past few weeks then his numbers should continue to climb. His ball-handling however isn't close to being elite. It's the one thing he needs to continue to work on to improve his chances of making it to the NBA.

What I like is he’s starting to get crafty. That’s what Moore was last year. He just got some really tough shots off despite his height. Pack was wide open 3 or nothing early. Now he’s finishing around the basket better, some little runners, and while he’s deadly when he sets his feet from deep he’s hitting some tough ones with a hand in his face.

Dude take a xanax. We def overhyped him coming in and expected him to be in the same form as he was at Kansas State.

I literally just said verbatim what you did about the half season.

You like to pick fights on here and your schtick is old.

Good call out on the name spelling tho.
You posting this was looking for a fight. You have the Skip Bayless syndrom

Advertisement
Kid has gotten better nearly every game as he has become accustomed to his role. He has put at least 4/5 games on his back to get us wins. Some of you all are gonna die on the hill. 👀

Kid has gotten better nearly every game as he has become accustomed to his role. He has put at least 4/5 games on his back to get us wins. Some of you all are gonna die on the hill. 👀

I'm gonna let you and @Cribby duke it out....so @Cribby meet @Canesfreak ...

:ROFLMAO:

Man, I just love my Canes. We've come a long way from the old "Knight Center" days in 1986. First "big" hoops crowd I ever saw was when my roommate and I drove up to Hogtown to see Miami play the Gaytors back in the Dwayne Schintzius days...

Advertisement
I'm gonna let you and @Cribby duke it out....so @Cribby meet @Canesfreak ...

:ROFLMAO:

Man, I just love my Canes. We've come a long way from the old "Knight Center" days in 1986. First "big" hoops crowd I ever saw was when my roommate and I drove up to Hogtown to see Miami play the Gaytors back in the Dwayne Schintzius days...
I’m going to go a little farther back in time, not about rhe Canes but about the late Dwayne Schintzius. First and only time I saw him play live was in the 1987 McDonald’s High School all American game in Detroit. My English teacher took 5-6 of us to the game, which included; Rex Chapman, Derrick Coleman, Rumeal Robinson, Terry Mills and Schintzius. Chapman won the halftime dunk contest and Schintzius MISSED 2-3 dunks.

Advertisement
Don’t know if anyone mentioned his press conference yesterday. Good kid says the word obviously after every other word well one thing we all can agree on is he has obviously changed up his game to a max level…obviously🫠

I’m going to go a little farther back in time, not about rhe Canes but about the late Dwayne Schintzius. First and only time I saw him play live was in the 1987 McDonald’s High School all American game in Detroit. My English teacher took 5-6 of us to the game, which included; Rex Chapman, Derrick Coleman, Rumeal Robinson, Terry Mills and Schintzius. Chapman won the halftime dunk contest and Schintzius MISSED 2-3 dunks.
i remember a miami herald headline when amare stoudemire's high school came to play miami northwestern that was something along the lines of "stoudemire misses 8 dunks, still wins"

Advertisement
Back