NiJel Pack

Maybe I'm using inaccurate parameters, but Pack (when he's "on") reminds me a lot of Charlie Moore and how he sparked us to a fab finish. If that turns out to be an enduring thing, I might even be convinced to choose Miller, Pack, and Omier as 3 "keepers". (sorry, Sir B.)
The fact we can debate our best three says great thing for this program.

To me, one thing in Wong's favor is this. With the clock winding down to the horn, with the ball in our possession, trailing by one point, who gives you the best chance to win? Meaning, someone with a strong enough handle to be able to penetrate to the hoop to either score against a packed-in defense, or to get fouled and convert. That's not an uncommon scenario and I think that player is still Wong, over any of the other three (no disrespect to them).

Advertisement
The fact we can debate our best three says great thing for this program.

To me, one thing in Wong's favor is this. With the clock winding down to the horn, with the ball in our possession, trailing by one point, who gives you the best chance to win? Meaning, someone with a strong enough handle to be able to penetrate to the hoop to either score against a packed-in defense, or to get fouled and convert. That's not an uncommon scenario and I think that player is still Wong, over any of the other three (no disrespect to them).
That was always my take on Wong and I think the world of that guy. Last month or so he seems to have regressed in that area if that is fair. Not sure why... sinus, overthinking, or just one of those things that come and go, hopefully the latter and not too often.

That was always my take on Wong and I think the world of that guy. Last month or so he seems to have regressed in that area if that is fair. Not sure why... sinus, overthinking, or just one of those things that come and go, hopefully the latter and not too often.
Good take. And, I'd like to think the sinus issues have affected his play.

Of the four players, Wong and Pack can be frustrating. Omier and Miller are consistent. Omier especially! If I had to pick the 2022-23 Canes MVP right now, it would clearly be Omier. We need all four playing at the top of their games but Omier is the indispensable piece who has size/skills no other player comes near to possessing.

Man, I’ll admit that I was too quick to write him off. Dude has game and it looks like it’s starting to come finally together for the guy. Thank goodness because he sure has looked out of sorts out there for the majority of the first half of the year.

He’s even getting to the rim and by doing so, he’s starting to break down some defenses and serving some nice dimes to the guys attacking the rim.

This next stretch of games are going to be wild!! This team is well coached , plays with heart and never gives up. I like our chance moving forward!

Last edited:
Advertisement
That game from wooga…
I posted after game one I couldn’t believe how much better he looked versus last year. Physically and his game night and day better. Scary thing is he’s still raw. I could see him being a dour year player that turns into a star his last two years. He still had plenty of room to grow his game.

I posted after game one I couldn’t believe how much better he looked versus last year. Physically and his game night and day better. Scary thing is he’s still raw. I could see him being a dour year player that turns into a star his last two years. He still had plenty of room to grow his game.
Yes sir.. we got something there. All he needed to do was control himself.. once he learns how to attack the paint under control he’s outta here.. sky high potential. I’m surprised at his shooting touch..

Yes sir.. we got something there. All he needed to do was control himself.. once he learns how to attack the paint under control he’s outta here.. sky high potential. I’m surprised at his shooting touch..
His confidence is growing the last few games too. He’s stepping into those j’s like he knows they’re going In. This team is starting to round into form on offense and defense. Both sides look dramatically better. Wong seems to be trusting the other guys more too, less forcing.

Advertisement
Could end up the easiest tournament to win ever or the hardest. So many good teams can win 1 game change whole tourney. I would say even most of the 13 seeds are going to be teams that would normally be 8 seeds. All these old dudes still playing ball, extra year and personally I think it shows. All these 5 stars coming in from HS now facing 23/24/25 year old men. 6/7 years in collegiate weight programs. Kind of old school college ball if you know what I mean.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Skating Hey Girl GIF

Advertisement
Back