NHL PLAYOFFS....

Been a Die Hard Islander fan since the Bossy...Trottier...Nystrom etc...Days...

I was around Trottier a little in my childhood during his days on the Pens. He's an absolute quality dude and would be a fine addition to any party.

Hockey obviously has the smallest fanbase (although there was a time not so long ago where it was almost even with the NBA) in this country of the 4 major sports. It's been my personal experience though that its players are the most "down to earth" and prone to positive fan and media interaction of all the major sports and NASCAR/Boxing/etc. Obviously this is part anecdotal and there are certainly exceptions and a myriad of possible reasons why but it's something that a lot of people that work in and around sports seem to agree with me about.

Advertisement
Can't imagine the mood in Toronto on Wednesday if the Leafs lose another game 7 in Boston

Advertisement
Grew up watching Stevie Y on those dominant Red Wing teams. My hometown Hawks sucked at the time and their organization was a ****show so I didn’t cheer for them. Didn’t cheer for any team in particular until the Lightning.

Became a Lightning fan when he took over as GM and haven’t looked back since. Sucks he stepped down last year and it also sucks that Tampa hasn’t brought up a cup since 04. They’ve obviously had talented teams but getting swept is going to make this summer a tough one man.

Been a Die Hard Islander fan since the Bossy...Trottier...Nystrom etc...Days...
Same here....but love my Panthers now....I was so mad as a kid when we moved down here because there were no Ice rinks...so dreams of hockey were over....My son however was a pretty good left wing on awesome travel teams down here...but caught the football bug...and I think its a wrap...He likes Football more and is an even better player than he was in hockey.
Bossy was the greatest sharpshooter ever man. Then loved Pat LaFontaine because he was American and an amazing talent.

Advertisement
What the **** did I miss in that Vegas/Sharks game last night?!? Good lord! 4 goals in one powerplay, down 3 in the 3rd of game 7. That is insanity! Looked like a BS major call though. Vegas fans must be furious. Bummed I missed it. Passed out when Vegas was up 3-0 as I figured it was over. Missed Lillard's absurd game winner vs OKC too.

What the **** did I miss in that Vegas/Sharks game last night?!? Good lord! 4 goals in one powerplay, down 3 in the 3rd of game 7. That is insanity! Looked like a BS major call though. Vegas fans must be furious. Bummed I missed it. Passed out when Vegas was up 3-0 as I figured it was over. Missed Lillard's absurd game winner vs OKC too.
I watched that game that extra push made that a 5 minute to me, I aint no nerd about NHL though. Im glad Vegas lost though I hate expansion teams who get pampered with good players. Earn that ****

Advertisement
I watched that game that extra push made that a 5 minute to me, I aint no nerd about NHL though. Im glad Vegas lost though I hate expansion teams who get pampered with good players. Earn that ****
I disagree on that. That was a cross check to the chest, not even to the face. And the 2nd guy really didn't even make contact with him. You can make an argument that's not even a minor penalty, but I don't see any way you can award a major there. They did purely because of the result, and sure I feel bad for the guy as he clearly got hurt, but that was not a malicious play nor justification for a major, particularly in that situation. I don't have a horse in the race so I really don't care, but that seems very extreme and hands down cost Vegas the series. Credit to San Jose for being able to deliver on that major though. Thats a comeback for the ages!

Advertisement
I disagree on that. That was a cross check to the chest, not even to the face. And the 2nd guy really didn't even make contact with him. You can make an argument that's not even a minor penalty, but I don't see any way you can award a major there. They did purely because of the result, and sure I feel bad for the guy as he clearly got hurt, but that was not a malicious play nor justification for a major, particularly in that situation. I don't have a horse in the race so I really don't care, but that seems very extreme and hands down cost Vegas the series. Credit to San Jose for being able to deliver on that major though. Thats a comeback for the ages!
Even though the contact happened off a face off, I just read that neither ref signaled for even a minor penalty when the contact occurred. It was only after they saw him bleeding (from falling and hitting his head, not from the Vegas guy's contact) that they decided to call a major. That's absolute BS if that's the case.

Islanders from the east and Blues from the west would just **** the whole NHL up. I hope it happens.

Blues fan since birth (in the Lou). My parents still have the commemorative Pepsi (glass) bottles from when the Blues made it to the Stanley Cup finals in their first couple of seasons (based on the playoff format at the time).

Would love to see one of the longest dry spells in any sport end with the hoisting of Lord Stanley's cup.

Even though the contact happened off a face off, I just read that neither ref signaled for even a minor penalty when the contact occurred. It was only after they saw him bleeding (from falling and hitting his head, not from the Vegas guy's contact) that they decided to call a major. That's absolute BS if that's the case.

Even worse, one ref claimed he was cross-checked in the face, while the video shows no such thing occurring.

That was a great ending. I saw the hit, sucks that Pavelski got hurt but I don't think that was worth a major penalty.

Advertisement
Back