NHL PLAYOFFS....

GO ISLANDERS!!!! (Winning it All)

Advertisement
Vegas has a right to be ****ed...and I dont have a dog in that fight. That is game 7 in the 3rd period and you dont call a major for that particular play. At worst that is given two 2 minute minors and play to the end. All of us that are true hockey heads know this is truth.
Agreed. You see the refs in the caps game last night? Literally swallowed their whistles and decided to just let them play. Only penalty they called from 2nd period on (i missed the first period, so not sure there) was a delay of game because they had no choice. And im not exaggerating. They didnt call a thing. Lead to many stretches of 5-7mins without play stopping. It was a blast to watch!

I have to think that atrocious call the night before factored into that .

Advertisement
Agreed. You see the refs in the caps game last night? Literally swallowed their whistles and decided to just let them play. Only penalty they called from 2nd period on (i missed the first period, so not sure there) was a delay of game because they had no choice. And im not exaggerating. They didnt call a thing. Lead to many stretches of 5-7mins without play stopping. It was a blast to watch!

This is why teams like the Leafs and Lightning will always struggle in the playoffs. Finesse speed teams (1980's Soviet team style) always struggle when refs let the physical, heavy teams just play. Much less space on the ice to maneuver because of it as well as guys giving up their bodies to block shots when they simply can't for a full 82 game schedule.

I only got to see the 3rd period and OT but that was a dream to watch. Let the players play and just police anything too egregious. No one should complain about that. Playoff hockey is the friggin Thunderdome man. Best sport to watch live.

Good luck with that! My mighty Bruins still lurk. And since the Rangers suck ***, what better than to knock out the little sister Isles in the conf finals!! I hope like **** thats the matchup we get..
Since when is the Isles the Rangers little sister??....Lol

Advertisement
Look, I would love to see both football and hockey become safer sports. It's fun to see the hard hits, but I don't want my sports heroes to lose their ability to live long lives just to "entertain" people.

I just want to see some consistency in the officiating. I hate "make-up" penalty calls. Either get the call right, live with imperfection, or find a replay methodology that supplements what the refs are able to do.

Many of the all-time most infamous "blown calls" have nothing to do with my team. But the 1988 UM-Notre Dame game and the 2003 UM-Ohio Taint game are burned into my brain.

The whole situation for San Jose-Vegas was ridiculous, regardless of rooting interest. Yes, one team should not have folded so easily, and one team should get credit for intestinal fortitude. But the call AS MADE was terrible. That is all.

C
I been doing this the past two years...i find myself enjoying nhl more then nba. They play harder and it looks like they care more

NBA is grossly individualistic at this point. The narrative is always the player not the team and its rubbed on the players.

Yea I see in hockey u can have the best player but still lose like baseball and football
That and you get the sense they're playing for their own legacy and not their brothers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It seems like the whole of hockey is about trying to win while other sports have so many fuqin divas. These guys be playing with no teeth n **** lol

People here hating on Tavares but I remember watching him pull a tooth out on the bench and not missing a shift. Stamkos took a puck to the face years back in the finals and played through it.

That was a great series. Holtby probably wishes he had that 3rd goal back, he was out of position and should have made the save.

I never thought the canes had a shot when the series started but what great series it was. Both teams dominated at home until game 7.

Advertisement
Back