NHL PLAYOFFS....

C

NBA is grossly individualistic at this point. The narrative is always the player not the team and its rubbed on the players.
Hockey will never be that way because of the focus put on team first. Also, any superstar Center or forward will only see the ice 1/3 of the game. Compare that to NBA, Hardin, KD ect. never gonna come out the game when it counts.

Advertisement
People here hating on Tavares but I remember watching him pull a tooth out on the bench and not missing a shift. Stamkos took a puck to the face years back in the finals and played through it.
they tough as ****, my puerto rican *** would of put vicks on that **** and fall asleep on the bench.

Look no further than SJ comeback on LV or Carolinas gutsy win over the defending Stanley Cup Champs. These guys leave it all on the ice. All gas, no breaks
Agree. Dudes were so gassed last night by 2OT that they were basically just doing one trip down and back the ice on every shift. With the no penalties meant no breaks, and they were all running on absolute fumes!

Advertisement
Being in The Bay, I had to call out these Shark fans. It was a total horse chit call. Maybe a 2 min minor, but not a 5 min major. That was the momentum & game there. 5 mins of playing odd man hockey is ridiculous

People here hating on Tavares but I remember watching him pull a tooth out on the bench and not missing a shift. Stamkos took a puck to the face years back in the finals and played through it.
Duncan Keith lost like 6 teeth in 2010 finals taking a puck to the face.

Wow.... All four division winners are out as all the wildcard teams are staying alive. That is what the NHL Playoffs are about!

Advertisement
Yes sir. Honestly, if a basketball game is on and a hockey game is on, often times I find myself switching to hockey
Stephens does a good job with the Celts, they are fun to watch. Local boy had a big night for the B’s tonight. Game was a war. Hockey is a great sport, great memories and friendships for me so I am partial. The athleticism in the NBA is something I just can’t comprehend. Skating is natural, hockey players and hoop do not mix.

Zach Hyman for the Leafs tore his ACL in game 4 against Boston and didn't miss more than a shift for the next 3+ games. Anyone who says Hockey players are not tough as nails does not have my respect.

https://torontosun.com/sports/hocke...-leafs-zach-hyman-to-have-surgery-on-torn-acl
Tough kid. Plays with some jam. NHL guys are different animals. Really good dudes but on the ice they will rip your face off and play with punctured lungs. After the game, they will have pops with the dude they just fought.

Agreed. You see the refs in the caps game last night? Literally swallowed their whistles and decided to just let them play. Only penalty they called from 2nd period on (i missed the first period, so not sure there) was a delay of game because they had no choice. And im not exaggerating. They didnt call a thing. Lead to many stretches of 5-7mins without play stopping. It was a blast to watch!

I have to think that atrocious call the night before factored into that .

That game was unreal. They missed so many calls. Guys literally being dragged down and tripped at will. In the first OT they missed an obvious delay of game on Washington, same call they made on the Canes.

Was nice to see Carolina win, but the fans here in Raleigh are unbearable. Half of them don’t know what hockey is until the Canes get good. Was the same back in the mid 2000s when they won the cup. I had all my money on the Caps, but they quit playing after they got up 3–1.

Advertisement
That game was unreal. They missed so many calls. Guys literally being dragged down and tripped at will. In the first OT they missed an obvious delay of game on Washington, same call they made on the Canes.

Was nice to see Carolina win, but the fans here in Raleigh are unbearable. Half of them don’t know what hockey is until the Canes get good. Was the same back in the mid 2000s when they won the cup. I had all my money on the Caps, but they quit playing after they got up 3–1.
I agree re your last statement. Really ugly series loss for washington.

My FIL and I couldnt figure out why caps didnt get that delay call. Did that one go into the bench and not out? Otherwise, makes no sense.

Last edited:
I'm not a Vegas fan. I am a lifelong Blues fan. I don't give a ****e who won between a 2 and a 3 seed in a different division.

I have no rooting interest and it was a terrible call. All you are giving is the same attenuated bullsh!te argument that Ohio Taint fans made in 2003 (yeah, well the game never should have gone to overtime if they would have called a penalty earlier in the 4th quarter).

The refs did not see the cross-checking penalty at the time it happened. The refs used the blood on the ice to INCORRECTLY assess a major cross-checking penalty for (according to their explanation) a cross-check to the face that never happened.

I don't give a ****e if they called a penalty on the other player, but he din't "throw a dude's head into the ice". The play, while rough, was an unfortunate circumstance. Guys fall down all the time. They do wear helmets. Sometimes, even in spite of all of the gear, a significant injury occurs.

The cross-check was AT WORST a 2 minute penalty, and as someone has already pointed out, those kinds of cross-checks happen on about half of all faceoffs. The pulldown was AT WORST a 2 minute penalty. It is tragic and unfortunate that a serious injury occurred, but every single day you see some sort of penalty which COULD HAVE led to a serious injury, and it is very rare to give a 5-minute major. VERY rare.

I don't care one bit for either San Jose OR Vegas. They can both burn in ****. But we cannot sit around and allow the refs to call penalties they didn't see, or to call penalties simply for blood on the ice. You want more accuracy, put more refs on the ice or behind the glass, expand replay, hand out massive fines for hard hits, whatever.

But allowing a ref to retroactively call a 5-minute major for a penalty he did not see, and then to claim that something happened that did not happen...that's just bush league.

We already saw a 5 minute major for cross checking to the head with Nazem Kadri on Jake DeBrusk. The Eakin-Pavelski play is not even in the same galaxy.

I spoke to a couple friends who ref college hockey and both said they would not have called a 2-minute minor in that situation. If someone is arguing in any fashion that the 5-minute major was justified, I hope they get your prescription checked.

Advertisement
The culture in most good teams locker rooms is you do whatever it takes for the team. Selfish guys won't make it long in the league and get labeled. You see stars like Mitch Marner blocking bombs from the point at the end of games.

I'll never forget watching Ryan Callahan dive head first in front of a Zedeno Chara slap-shot and at the last minute he spun his body and took the shoot off the foot. Would have killed him if it hit him in the face, broke his foot.

I agree re your last statement. Really ugly series loss for washington.

My FIL and I couldnt figure out why caps didnt get that delay call. Did that one go into the bench and not out? Otherwise, makes no sense.

Oh no it clearly went out. That’s why I figured when they huddled they were gonna make the call and couldn’t believe they didn’t. Just a strange 2/3 of a hockey game all around imo. Great tv though

Oh no it clearly went out. That’s why I figured when they huddled they were gonna make the call and couldn’t believe they didn’t. Just a strange 2/3 of a hockey game all around imo. Great tv though
Absolutely indefensible then. We thought the same thing too when we watched it (that it did go out). We were baffled that they didn't call that. I too figured they were huddling to discuss the fact that they HAD to call that delay, even though they didn't want to. I know they were letting them play, but that one isn't subjective, it's black and white. Then even more baffling that they DO call it against Carolina in OT. Strange indeed. But yep, that game was a blast to watch!

Advertisement
Back