NFL Draft Scout and AFC Exec grade UM's Draft Eligible guys

IMO -

Mcintosh: 2nd - 3nd (Maybe even borderline 1st)

6af5c3629116307c6e9d284a14e5f36a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Advertisement
Miami guys almost always outperform their draft slot.

Look no further than Adrian Colbert. He played every snap last week and looks like a potential stud safety.

You’re acting like walked in and started killing. If it wasn’t for injuries, he would be on the field. I’m happy for his success but its not like he walked in and took someone’s spot

He took the opportunity and is not giving up his spot. Lynch said he is flashing "big-time starter potential" and many are making Dashon Goldson comparisons.

Advertisement
After nearly 15 years of bad 'Canes football, here are the colleges most represented on Opening Day NFL Rosters (2017)

Louisiana State51
Florida45
Southern California45
Alabama44
Miami (Fl.)44

And this was our most talented team in years, top-to-bottom. We still have steps to take before we're truly Miami, but we've got prime-time talent. Our problems this year (in terms of talent) were depth, QB and some bad injuries.

Like many of us have already stated, we need a vastly improved offensive line and quarterback. I’ll include DL, LB and DB play

Miami guys almost always outperform their draft slot.

Look no further than Adrian Colbert. He played every snap last week and looks like a potential stud safety.

You’re acting like walked in and started killing. If it wasn’t for injuries, he would be on the field. I’m happy for his success but its not like he walked in and took someone’s spot

He took the opportunity and is not giving up his spot. Lynch said he is flashing "big-time starter potential" and many are making Dashon Goldson comparisons.

And has been playing GREAT lately.

McIntosh is on a completely different level than Norton.

That guy is wrong there.

Maybe it's just me and [MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] that notice this, but McIntosh is able to do what he does only because Norton is so disruptive as a 1 Tech. Norton almost always ties up the center and a guard allowing RJ one on one match ups where can use his athleticism. RJ excels against bigger guys with poor athleticism. He almost never beats an O-lineman who has good footwork and speed near to or equal to RJ's. Meanwhile Norton is just there, always doing his job. He is, hands down, the more NFL ready of the two. He'll probably grade out around round 4-6, and there aren't near as many 1 techs ahead of him as there are 3 techs ahead of RJ.

Advertisement

That guy is wrong there.

Maybe it's just me and [MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] that notice this, but McIntosh is able to do what he does only because Norton is so disruptive as a 1 Tech. Norton almost always ties up the center and a guard allowing RJ one on one match ups where can use his athleticism. RJ excels against bigger guys with poor athleticism. He almost never beats an O-lineman who has good footwork and speed near to or equal to RJ's. Meanwhile Norton is just there, always doing his job. He is, hands down, the more NFL ready of the two. He'll probably grade out around round 4-6, and there aren't near as many 1 techs ahead of him as there are 3 techs ahead of RJ.

Plus, the dude knows how to play the guitar using the opposing QB's leg.

Didn't hear much from these 'experts' about players necessarily improving their draft stock by staying. Basically saying for many, they're not highly regarded now and won't be in another year either!

I can see Jaquan having a career like Ricardo Allen (starter for Atlanta) at the next level.

Advertisement

That guy is wrong there.

Plus, the dude knows how to play the guitar using the opposing QB's leg.

You can't coach that.

That guy is wrong there.

Exactly. No, you aren't the only one that sees it. People can only see the end result. Never the inner workings.

Same reason the RB is called a "beast" but no one knows whose blocking.

I can see Jaquan having a career like Ricardo Allen (starter for Atlanta) at the next level.

Yes, Its a "mans game" doesn't mean you're too small to play if you got a heart beating in your chest. Jaquan Is plenty athletic and big enough to be a good defensive back in the NFL.

Yall acting like hes projected at linebacker and DE.

Advertisement

Yes, Its a "mans game" doesn't mean you're too small to play if you got a heart beating in your chest. Jaquan Is plenty athletic and big enough to be a good defensive back in the NFL.

Brent Grimes says hi.

After nearly 15 years of bad 'Canes football, here are the colleges most represented on Opening Day NFL Rosters (2017)

Louisiana State51
Florida45
Southern California45
Alabama44
Miami (Fl.)44

And this was our most talented team in years, top-to-bottom. We still have steps to take before we're truly Miami, but we've got prime-time talent. Our problems this year (in terms of talent) were depth, QB and some bad injuries.

And experience DMoney. We played a lot of young guys. Hope Michael Jackson will consider coming back to get better as a player. I obviously don't know his personal circumstance. The NFL can mean potentially a secure financial future, but it can also mean "not for long" - Jerry Glanville.

I'm a Falcons fan... trust me Jaquan Johnson is a lot better than him. Would gladly take him to replace Ricardo in a heart beat.

Brent Grimes says hi.

So does Jason Verrett, Bob Sanders, tavon young, Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis, etc...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back