NFL Draft Scout and AFC Exec grade UM's Draft Eligible guys

Advertisement
That ESPN analysis is interesting. What it says is that Miami players are under-drafted (that is, they last longer than they should and the players get less $$$ on their rookie deal). That means that the Miami guys - in general - should stick around longer and improve their draft stock with a rising program. There's a big money difference between round 4 and round 2, and the risk of injury is so high, that second contract is not guaranteed.

Only exception is RBs, who are at a much higher risk for debilitating injuries.

Hope Michael Jackson realizes this and comes back. Could mean millions unless he's a lock for round 2 or 3 already.

These "NFL Scouts and Executives" have done about as much homework as Josh Jobe did his first 6 years of HS.

Advertisement
IMO -

Seniors:

Chad Thomas: 3rd - 5th

Berrios: 5th - 7th

Herdon: 3rd - 4th

Mcdermott: 6th - Free Agent

Darling: 7th - Free Agent

Trent Harris: 6th - Free Agent

Dee Delany: 6th- Free Agent

Juniors:

Norton: 4th-6th (Shouldn't Leave)

Mcintosh: 2nd - 3nd (Maybe even borderline 1st)

Walton: 4th - 5th

Mike Jackson: 4th - 6th (AKA Shouldn't leave)
There is no scenario where McIntosh goes first

IMO -

Seniors:

Chad Thomas: 3rd - 5th

Berrios: 5th - 7th

Herdon: 3rd - 4th

Mcdermott: 6th - Free Agent

Darling: 7th - Free Agent

Trent Harris: 6th - Free Agent

Dee Delany: 6th- Free Agent

Juniors:

Norton: 4th-6th (Shouldn't Leave)

Mcintosh: 2nd - 3nd (Maybe even borderline 1st)

Walton: 4th - 5th

Mike Jackson: 4th - 6th (AKA Shouldn't leave)
There is no scenario where McIntosh goes first
He should, talented enough that’s for sure

Have yearby and kaaya hand deliver it to all those guys and tell them after bowl game get ready for off-season program.. **** is ridiculous, stay yo *** in school

Other thing I learned, looks like herndon injury was acl.. yikes, that sucks..

unless there is new info, its an MCL.

Well I clicked the link and it says Dec 6. Im going by what is in article, maybe these guys are more privy. Where and when is MCL info from?

Herndon's dad from the Ferman podcast.

got it. pretty bad for these guys to be saying acl, guess that qualifies as fake news

Feel bad for Herndon. Kid played awesome this year. I've always thought he would be an impact NFL player. That injury sucked. Really hope its not an ACL.

M. Jackson leaving leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not the type of attitude in the locker room that is going to win our program championships. If you are a 1st or 2nd rounder then I cant argue with the choice go get that $$. Otherwise you need to get better and, more importantly, get your FREE DEGREE.

Advertisement
These kids will never learn.

Also - we won a lot of games this year basically without any top 100 pick talent according to these guys. Not bad

But, but, but........more motion, a couple reverses and jet sweeps, and Dallas in the Wildcat earlier would have beaten Clemson. Right??

But I thought all out South Florida 3-stars were better than everyone else's 5-stars?

How come the NFL disagrees?

There was probably a time when this was true. Those diamonds in the rough aren't there so much anymore.

We will never be back if we keep losing late round draft eligible players.

No other school suffers from this problem the way we do

NflU sucks

Michael Jackson had a solid year, but let's be honest, the person he is harming most is himself. From a team perspective, you can replace guys like him-- he's solid, but not elite. If we hit on our evaluations like we should, we can almost certainly replicate his impact.

It is going to be tough to replicate guys like Norton and Mcintosh though, because you spend a lot of time developing them to get one very good season from them, which was good enough to get them to be 3rd and 4th round guys. The trade-off to making so much of the program being about NFL, NFL, NFL is that a 3rd round grade gets these guys to make the jump almost instantly.

Advertisement
But I thought all out South Florida 3-stars were better than everyone else's 5-stars?

How come the NFL disagrees?

Ask the GMs who let Antonio Brown slip to the 6th round, let Devonta Freeman slip to the 4th round, and let Allen Hurns go undrafted.

People love to count other people pockets.they worked for this opportunity. You didn’t, if they decide it’s best for them to leave then that’s on them at the end of the day. You never know what any of these kids are going through

Advertisement
People love to count other people pockets.they worked for this opportunity. You didn’t, if they decide it’s best for them to leave then that’s on them at the end of the day. You never know what any of these kids are going through

Nothing anyone on here says is going to change what any of these guys do. It's just someone's opinion and the have the right to voice it.

Miami guys almost always outperform their draft slot.

Look no further than Adrian Colbert. He played every snap last week and looks like a potential stud safety.

You’re acting like walked in and started killing. If it wasn’t for injuries, he would be on the field. I’m happy for his success but its not like he walked in and took someone’s spot

Look, just because Colbertson was here for only one year as a grad transfer, played in only 8 games and got hurt does not mean D money can't use him as an example to make his point.

That ESPN analysis is interesting. What it says is that Miami players are under-drafted (that is, they last longer than they should and the players get less $$$ on their rookie deal). That means that the Miami guys - in general - should stick around longer and improve their draft stock with a rising program. There's a big money difference between round 4 and round 2, and the risk of injury is so high, that second contract is not guaranteed.

Only exception is RBs, who are at a much higher risk for debilitating injuries.

Hope Michael Jackson realizes this and comes back. Could mean millions unless he's a lock for round 2 or 3 already.
The problem is the counter argument.

If you’re at say...Bama...and the coach tells a recruit “we will get you more money at the draft than Miami” and neglects to tell him he’ll be overrated and his career will be a bust… but, his initial contract on average will be higher...that could be a compelling reason to choose that school.

I don’t think there’s a right answer to the “stick around/jump” argument, but I trust and will back the kids to make that decision over coaches or fans 100% of the time.

Also, it doesn’t mean that Miami guys should necessarily stay in school. And, the risk of injury in football is no higher in college football than in the NFL (I have no evidence to back that up; football is violent)…so returning doesn’t save the kids from injury.

Hurricanevision, the guy who does the still-frame breakdowns, is actually qualified to do the risk analysis necessary that EVERY draft-eligible player should do before making his choice, imo. Unfortunately, I’m sure less than .01% actually do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back