NFL Draft Scout and AFC Exec grade UM's Draft Eligible guys

"• That AFC executive said the two areas where UM particularly needs to improve to be on Clemson’s level are quarterback and offensive line." Exactly my take and many others for that matter.

Advertisement
Miami guys almost always outperform their draft slot.

Look no further than Adrian Colbert. He played every snap last week and looks like a potential stud safety.

That doesn't mean they should leave in their Junior year unless they grade out in the top two rounds.

NFL draft analyst Tony Pauline said “Norton is a guy who can control the line of scrimmage. Defensive tackles are taken much earlier than people expect. He has played well. It is a good d-tackle draft. If he enters and the workouts go well, he is potentially a second-day kid [meaning second or third round]. McIntosh is a step below him.

giphy.gif

all i learned from this is that tony pauline didn't actually watch us play.

The AFC exec sounds more accurate than the analyst. That's probably why he's the exec.

Advertisement
Calling Miami Hurricanes players “JAG” and saying you’re a fan of the team is mutually exclusive. Rosier is what he is; respect him for what he brings.

-Mitch Trubisky is a genius, Matt Leinhart is not. Sometimes the more tape the NFL has the worse it is for a prospect, and other times you’re only new once.

-I’m not saying Michael Jackson is ready, but he may never be able to improve his stock any better than where he’s projected right now. Chad Thomas, if this scout is to believed, should have left last year (though I’m hoping being a year closer to a degree was important for him. I wish all these kids could be like Deshaun Watson and try to graduate in 3 years if not 4 but unfortunately it’s not the case and likely never will be).

This is the information [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] was talking about which said the Miami Hurricanes football players, by far (not even close), produces the most NFL value to the NFL*

Which college football programs produce the best (and worst) NFL players?

*Note: this is since 2002. It should be obvious to everyone why the information is so skewed.

Last edited:
Miami guys almost always outperform their draft slot.

Look no further than Adrian Colbert. He played every snap last week and looks like a potential stud safety.

You’re acting like walked in and started killing. If it wasn’t for injuries, he would be on the field. I’m happy for his success but its not like he walked in and took someone’s spot

These kids will never learn.

Also - we won a lot of games this year basically without any top 100 pick talent according to these guys. Not bad

These kids are expecting a turnover chain boost in their draft stock! LOL

Advertisement
That was bc they were horrifically coached. One would assume our staff is getting the most out of these guys now.

This is nonsense give that Adrian Colbert was a grad transfer to Miami.

Assume is a good word to use.

NFL draft analyst Tony Pauline said “Norton is a guy who can control the line of scrimmage. Defensive tackles are taken much earlier than people expect. He has played well. It is a good d-tackle draft. If he enters and the workouts go well, he is potentially a second-day kid [meaning second or third round]. McIntosh is a step below him.

View attachment 55928

all i learned from this is that tony pauline didn't actually watch us play.

When I read that I got the impression that he mixed the two. He was talking about McIntosh when he mentioned Norton. Still makes me wonder how deeply he scouted our team with that kind of a mistake.

Advertisement
But I thought all out South Florida 3-stars were better than everyone else's 5-stars?

How come the NFL disagrees?

These kids will never learn.

Also - we won a lot of games this year basically without any top 100 pick talent according to these guys. Not bad

We have a bunch of 100 guys but they are fresh and sophomores . Richt brings those guys in in droves . Golden not so much.

Sucks to hear about jaquan he is too small to play safety at the next level, but not fast enough for the slot. He will get his shot though. Well it be in the slot or specials
That was a crap opinion by that Scout, Ricardo Allen has had a very nice career in Atlanta. Jaquan will make the NFL.

Advertisement
Have yearby and kaaya hand deliver it to all those guys and tell them after bowl game get ready for off-season program.. **** is ridiculous, stay yo *** in school

Other thing I learned, looks like herndon injury was acl.. yikes, that sucks..

unless there is new info, its an MCL.

Well I clicked the link and it says Dec 6. Im going by what is in article, maybe these guys are more privy. Where and when is MCL info from?

Herndon's dad from the Ferman podcast.

People saying that someone’s draft stock won’t get any higher and they should go be a 4th pick is really dumb logic (only time this should apply is if you’re talking about 1st round projections).

If a kid is a projected 4th rounder and his stock won’t get any higher (which means his play won’t improve) then he really should come back to school and get that degree. Look at the last 3/4 years of draft classes, most of those guys are out of the league and that few $100k nfl money is long gone.

Guys like Norton and MJ have to realize that they have the ability to become 1st/2nd rounders next year. They both have coaches who have shown they can develop them. I hope these kids come to their senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back