NFL Draft 2017

Calling it now.

Jenkins - 4.59 forty. Drafted in the 4th.
Carter - 4.63 forty. Not drafted.
Elder - 4.51 forty. Drafted in the 3rd.
Isadora - 36 reps. Not drafted.
Njoku - 4.61 forty. Drafted in the 2nd.
Coley - 4.49 forty. Drafted in the 3rd.
Yearby - 4.65 forty. Not drafted.
Kaaya - Terrible measureables. Spins the ball well. Drafted in the 4th.

Bank on it!

I think you are right in the ballpark on all these predictions. Though I think Corn is faster than Coley .

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like how we are starting to produce 1st round guys again. When njoku is drafted in the 1st round that will be 4 in the last 3 drafts. I think from 2009-2014 we did not have even 1st round draft picks. Of our draftable players I think we will have 5-8 canes selected

I like how we are starting to produce 1st round guys again. When njoku is drafted in the 1st round that will be 4 in the last 3 drafts. I think from 2009-2014 we did not have even 1st round draft picks. Of our draftable players I think we will have 5-8 canes selected

downvote

For njoku probably best place he could go. For kaya also
I want kaaya to go to the saints, Arizona, chiefs, San Diego, patriots or somewhere like that. I think he can succeed there. Give him a decent oline and kaaya will be good imo

Advertisement
I thought the 4.51 for Corn was actually generous. Also don't see Coley running under 4.5.

Good stuff though. Isadora might get a late round shot. JMO

Calling it now.

Bank on it!

Every mock draft that matters that ive seen has Njoku going round 1.

I would love for Coley to in the 3rd but im thinking 4th. He is a 2nd round talent.

I think Elder goes off at the combine and Pro Day and sneaks in the late 2nd. The fact that he can return punts puts extra value on him too.

Everything else I agree with. Muhammad would have been a 1st round pick in this Defense. Smh. Shame.

Advertisement
Senior Bowl watch: 5 players who didn’t help themselves | Texans Wire

Danny Isidora, OG, Miami
He had some strong reps in Tuesday’s South practice, but the top-heavy guard wound up on the ground a lot. He really struggled when guys got into his pads quickly, as on this rep from Alabama’s Dalvin Tomlinson

I'm probably reaching by saying he won't get drafted, but it won't be early.

I agree with you that he's a turnstile, and his tape is bad, but I think you are giving NFL GM's too much credit. These guys fall over themselves to draft realtively athletic guards like Isadora in the mid-rounds. Look how high the Dolphins wasted picks on Jerry, Turner, Douglas and Dallas Thomas over the last five years. They just go by measurables and think these types of kids can be coached up. I don't think Isadora will play well in the league, but I think he's off the board by the early 5th round. Some guy llike Jeff Ireland won't be able to help himself.

Senior Bowl watch: 5 players who didn’t help themselves | Texans Wire

Danny Isidora, OG, Miami
He had some strong reps in Tuesday’s South practice, but the top-heavy guard wound up on the ground a lot. He really struggled when guys got into his pads quickly, as on this rep from Alabama’s Dalvin Tomlinson

I'm probably reaching by saying he won't get drafted, but it won't be early.

I agree with you that he's a turnstile, and his tape is bad, but I think you are giving NFL GM's too much credit. These guys fall over themselves to draft realtively athletic guards like Isadora in the mid-rounds. Look how high the Dolphins wasted picks on Jerry, Turner, Douglas and Dallas Thomas over the last five years. They just go by measurables and think these types of kids can be coached up. I don't think Isadora will play well in the league, but I think he's off the board by the early 5th round. Some guy llike Jeff Ireland won't be able to help himself.

You're right.

Calling it now.

Bank on it!

Every mock draft that matters that ive seen has Njoku going round 1.

I would love for Coley to in the 3rd but im thinking 4th. He is a 2nd round talent.

I think Elder goes off at the combine and Pro Day and sneaks in the late 2nd. The fact that he can return punts puts extra value on him too.

Everything else I agree with. Muhammad would have been a 1st round pick in this Defense. Smh. Shame.

I don't know ****, this is just a pure guess. (for fun) I think Njuko is a 1st round talent, I'm just guessing that he slips to the early 2nd.

Advertisement
I thought the 4.51 for Corn was actually generous. Also don't see Coley running under 4.5.

I don't know why we think he's a 4.4 guy. He's a great player but he's not a burner IMO. (Corn)

No way corn runs a 4.5... i give him at least a 4.45

Has he ever run a sub 4.5 while he was here?

That one time he chased down Cook for a TD saving tackle...that was some real speed

Macho, you don't run down Cook running no 4.5 buddy.

First off, Cook has gotten slower over the years.
Second, he was at tail end of his run if I remember correctly. It ain't like he hawked him down.

Again, has Corn EVER ran a sub 4.5 while here? Ever? On Swasey's generous stopwatch.

I could be wrong, I just don't see him as a 4.4 guy.

Last edited:

I don't know why we think he's a 4.4 guy. He's a great player but he's not a burner IMO. (Corn)

I feel like, if after training for it, duke johnson can run a 4.54 at the combine, then Corn can go sub 4.5. I feel like Corn has an effortless look to his run and makes it look like he's not going as fast as he is. If you go back and watch the App St game, on the TD that got called back, you can see Elder put it in another gear the last 25 yards.
You gotta remember, a lot of these guys spend their time getting ready for the combine by doing 40 dash specific training and practice. Most of them tend to be faster at the combine than they ever look on film.

Who knows. The thing I like about sports is we'll get a definitive answer and opinions don't matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back