NFL Draft 2017

Advertisement
I don't think he very concerned where he'll get drafted honestly he had a pretty good idea of where that would be.
I believe he just wanted to get out of Miami due to the pressure and criticism and spend his time getting "coached up".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't take pressure and criticism at miami.. so heads to the NFL where it's gonna get worse

pretty boy kayak ain't ready

in 4 years he'll be out of the league.

Call me nuts, but I don't think he and Richt had the best relationship. It wasn't bad or hostile or anything close. But it wasn't the perfect match everyone predicted when the Ole Dawg was hired. I think that factored into kaayak's decision to go pro. And I don't blame either for it.

I think it was EXACTLY that, bad AND hostile

I forget who said it but there was a rumor that richt blamed kayaa for the offenses struggles this past season and I think we saw it during one pre halftime interview where richt said, "we just need to make the read and execute"

which is another way of saying just throw the ***ing cot **** ball where it's supposed to go, someones open would you ***ing do your job already!?

kayaa isn't tough, he can't handle someone talking to him like that

Last edited:
Conspiracy theories lol. Kaaya took a beating from the ol. He is who he is and I don't think another year was going to change how high or how low he got drafted.. imo he made the right decision and will get drafted in the 2-3rd round. Don't be selfish this is his decision

Conspiracy theories lol. Kaaya took a beating from the ol. He is who he is and I don't think another year was going to change how high or how low he got drafted.. imo he made the right decision and will get drafted in the 2-3rd round. Don't be selfish this is his decision

downvote

the kaayak couldn't even paddle out from under center

Advertisement
A lot of sour grapes on here who seem oddly mad that he entered the draft but at the same time love to bash him.

A lot of sour grapes on here who seem oddly mad that he entered the draft but at the same time love to bash him.

Where are you seeing anyone in this thread being MAD that he's leaving? Everyone is just calling it like it is, that it was a mistake to leave. Personally, I won't miss him. Even if we do struggle mightily at QB this year, I think it will be worth it to provide experience. We will be primed for a good run in 2018, so getting the new starter experience this year will prove to be significantly important IMO.

The kid explicitly said he just wanted a draftable grade- ANY draftable grade. So if he's comfortable with whatever happens then we should just wish him the best and not lose any sleep over it. I'm still sticking with him going in the 4th round to the Chargers or Chiefs.

When did he explicitly state this? The only evidence I've seen of this is some source who reported what he heard from somebody who heard it from somebody

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya speaks publicly for first time since declaring for NFL Draft | Miami Herald

"When asked about his comfort level at the feedback he got when making his decision about whether to leave after his junior season, Kaaya told Zagacki he was “very comfortable.”

“To be honest,” Kaaya said, “I just wanted a draftable grade. It wasn’t so much of getting a guaranteed top-five pick or guaranteed first round.

“I had grades anywhere between round two, round three, round four, even round 5 — but just to have a draftable grade anywhere in the first few rounds of the draft.

“Some of the coaches that I talked to through a couple of people who are close to me suggested that I would have a draftable grade. … I just want an opportunity to play. And I know if I get a solid opportunity I think I’ll make the most of it and I’ll really make a lot of teams proud."

He'll make a lot of teams proud? As in, bouncing around from one practice squad to another?

Advertisement

Where are you seeing anyone in this thread being MAD that he's leaving? Everyone is just calling it like it is, that it was a mistake to leave. Personally, I won't miss him. Even if we do struggle mightily at QB this year, I think it will be worth it to provide experience. We will be primed for a good run in 2018, so getting the new starter experience this year will prove to be significantly important IMO.

People bashing him saying he's stupid for leaving early. These are some of the same people that said he sucks. If he truly sucks, then how would staying help him improve his draft stock? He made the right choice. Next year's qb class will be better. He finished the season strong will probably do well during his pro day unless we have another rain storm.

I'm not bashing him for leaving early. I'm bashing him for never fixing his weaknesses, and acting like he's NFL ready. He could spend another 5 years here and he'll be the same immobile QB that is afraid of pressure that isn't even there.

I'm not bashing him for leaving early. I'm bashing him for never fixing his weaknesses, and acting like he's NFL ready. He could spend another 5 years here and he'll be the same immobile QB that is afraid of pressure that isn't even there.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Not too mention the problems you mentioned are flaws you find in pretty much every college qb

The game speeds up, and he won't be able to adjust. Too scared to run when pressured.

Advertisement
All he needs to do is pray he goes to the chiefs in like the 3rd or 4th round. Andy Reid's offense is very qb friendly and would cater to his strengths.

i wish the kid nothing but the best, but agree that it was a mistake.

i am pretty certain that he received these reviews prior to making his decision, which leads to the question why would a seemingly intelligent kid elect to go pro in spite of strong, almost universal advice that to do so would be a mistake?

could lend credence to the rumor that he and richt were at odds or there was some friction in the relationship.

All about that toof....

He keeps that in his head this last year, he comes back. Sitting on the bench learning or even getting paid to get the **** knocked out of him was preferable.

Still think it was a poor choice.

UM

Advertisement
I got the feeling that he and his personal QB coach didn't want to take to whatever Richt might have been trying to do or teach. Wasn't there comments about needing to tailor the offense around him or he would not be coming back?

Anyone know who all we are sending to the NFL combine?
I know rayshawn jenkins and Jamal carter just got one. Pretty sure corn elder, kaaya, njoku, Stacy coley, yearby,Danny isidora will get one too. Adrian colbert has a chance to imo
Grace and quan Muhammad too

Last edited:
A few of these guys could really help themselves in that environment

Advertisement
Back