NFL Draft 2017

Advertisement
It's all B.S. ! For every Brad Kaaya critic who thinks he's made a mistake...there were ten critics who thought Olivier Vernon was selfish and unprepared.

Let the cards fall where they may. We have no way of knowing how good/bad he'll be. Time ...and professional QB-coaching will determine that.

True

I don't think he very concerned where he'll get drafted honestly he had a pretty good idea of where that would be.
I believe he just wanted to get out of Miami due to the pressure and criticism and spend his time getting "coached up".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kid explicitly said he just wanted a draftable grade- ANY draftable grade. So if he's comfortable with whatever happens then we should just wish him the best and not lose any sleep over it. I'm still sticking with him going in the 4th round to the Chargers or Chiefs.

Ill Sum up Kaaya easily.. When Pressure = loses footwork, loses mechanics, Can't extend plays, poor pocket awareness, can't throw accurate passes while moving. Clean Pocket = Good at reading defense before and after snap, Accurate, Will pick up you apart no matter how good the defense is, good at going through progression.. that about it.. if he goes to a team with a solid O-line he going to be a star.. if not.. he will never be heard from again.. so Browns don't draft him please.. we're running out of NFL stars and your ruining Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
He certainly needs to go to a team with a good OL. No, a GREAT OL.

I don't think his problems would have been corrected in one year. No way. He showed absolutely no improvement in the areas he was lacking in his 3 years here. What good would one more year have done him? He'd still be the same guy we saw two years ago.

In most cases I'd say the guy should come back, but I don't believe Kaaya will EVER fix his weaknesses, so what's the point? To have even more film on him failing in those areas? I wish him luck, because he will need it.

Call me nuts, but I don't think he and Richt had the best relationship. It wasn't bad or hostile or anything close. But it wasn't the perfect match everyone predicted when the Ole Dawg was hired. I think that factored into kaayak's decision to go pro. And I don't blame either for it.

Advertisement
The kid explicitly said he just wanted a draftable grade- ANY draftable grade. So if he's comfortable with whatever happens then we should just wish him the best and not lose any sleep over it. I'm still sticking with him going in the 4th round to the Chargers or Chiefs.

When did he explicitly state this? The only evidence I've seen of this is some source who reported what he heard from somebody who heard it from somebody

Brad did not benefit from Mark as much as expected. I thank him for giving us a little hope during Golden's dismal last 2 season and wish him the best in NFL.

Call me nuts, but I don't think he and Richt had the best relationship. It wasn't bad or hostile or anything close. But it wasn't the perfect match everyone predicted when the Ole Dawg was hired. I think that factored into kaayak's decision to go pro. And I don't blame either for it.

Richt certainly did not meet expectations on the offensive side of the ball, so I would not be surprised.

Advertisement
So TF what? These dudes making these mocks are laughable and Kaaya ain't thrown a pass in a workout or at the combine. Who cares what "grade" he's given to this point? They just finished the senior bowl. These draft experts are wrong outside of the top picks EVERY YEAR. Then spend time between each pick reconciling for their **** choices

Advertisement

When did he explicitly state this? The only evidence I've seen of this is some source who reported what he heard from somebody who heard it from somebody

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya speaks publicly for first time since declaring for NFL Draft | Miami Herald

"When asked about his comfort level at the feedback he got when making his decision about whether to leave after his junior season, Kaaya told Zagacki he was “very comfortable.”

“To be honest,” Kaaya said, “I just wanted a draftable grade. It wasn’t so much of getting a guaranteed top-five pick or guaranteed first round.

“I had grades anywhere between round two, round three, round four, even round 5 — but just to have a draftable grade anywhere in the first few rounds of the draft.

“Some of the coaches that I talked to through a couple of people who are close to me suggested that I would have a draftable grade. … I just want an opportunity to play. And I know if I get a solid opportunity I think I’ll make the most of it and I’ll really make a lot of teams proud."

No surprise for me. He made a huge mistake declaring, and that is why I have been wondering if there was some friction between him and Richt or the new staff in general.

Either way, I am not too hurt by his departure. In all honesty, I simply don't think we will miss him very much unless the new starter is just completely terrible. He was just too inconsistent and folded in clutch situations. I'm sure I'll get a lot of **** for this (and I will gladly eat crow if we end up needing him this year), but I am fairly confident we will be just fine without him. Maybe even better if the new guy doesn't **** his pants under pressure like Brad always did.

/ready to be attacked

Advertisement
Back