NFL Draft 2017

Calling it now.

Jenkins - 4.59 forty. Drafted in the 4th.
Carter - 4.63 forty. Not drafted.
Elder - 4.51 forty. Drafted in the 3rd.
Isadora - 36 reps. Not drafted.
Njoku - 4.61 forty. Drafted in the 2nd.
Coley - 4.49 forty. Drafted in the 3rd.
Yearby - 4.65 forty. Not drafted.
Kaaya - Terrible measureables. Spins the ball well. Drafted in the 4th.

Bank on it!

*Jenkins lower
*Njoku first, probably mid 15-25
*Isadora will be drafted maybe 4th or 5th. Too much athletic ability not to be drafted. He did fine at the Senior Bowl other than extending too far forward and losing his base too wide
* Coley probably lower, 4th or 5th, unless he dominates the combine. I think he's underrated but there are so many wide receivers year after year these days that most teams are stocked at the 4th and 5th slot already, so talented guys can slide at that position. If you look at the SPARQ rankings it's unbelievable how many wide receivers have draftable numbers. Far more than the league can accommodate, unlike any other position
* Quarterbacks are the wild card. They are forced early or drop. Generally the high profile guys who last until Day 3 are grabbed early that day so your round 4 sounds reasonable

Advertisement
Not predicting this would happen but how many of you would hang off of Kaaya's balls if he has a Tom Brady type career?

Funny how he goes from savior to JAG on this board

Because we never saw him improve. It was frustrating.

Not predicting this would happen but how many of you would hang off of Kaaya's balls if he has a Tom Brady type career?

Funny how he goes from savior to JAG on this board

Because we never saw him improve. It was frustrating.

I agree but we must not lose sight of one major variable in that...Al Golden.

then learning a new scheme, system under a new staff. Despite that, he left here with some very good stats. I would say the same for Jacory. They both were victims of the worst set of staff's in program history.

Not saying they were HOF'ers but an objective appreciation of the facts is rarely taken into account. another factor is the fan base anointing these 18 y.o's as "saviors"...... remember "baby Jesus"? We contribute to the **** too by setting up expectations that are often unattainable. Not everyone is going to be Duke, or the frosh LB's, or ________

With that said, I think he made a mistake in leaving. Still, I wish him nothing but success. hopefully he gets with the right team and gets the type of coaching and guidance to be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
NFL Combine: Feb 26-March 6
S Rayshawn Jenkins
S Jamal Carter (S Jamal Carter Receives NFL Combine Invite, Scout Intrigued)
DE Al-Quadin Muhammad
Wr Stacy Coley
CB Corn Elder
QB Brad Kaaya
TE David Njoku
P Justin Vogel
OG Danny Isidora

All-Star/Showcase games

Reese's Senior Bowl
Date: 1/28/17 | TV: NFL Network
Stadium: Ladd-Peebles Stadium | Mobile, AL
1. Justin Vogel
2. Corn Elder
3. Danny Isidora
4. Rayshawn Jenkins

East-West Shrine Game
Date: 1/21/17 | TV: NFL Network
Stadium: Tropicana Field | St. Petersburg, FL
1. Jamal Carter
2. Stacy Coley

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
Date: 1/21/17 | TV:FS1 (1 PM)
Stadium: Stubhub Center | Los Angles, CA
1. Adrian Colbert
2. Marquez Williams

FBS All-Americans Tropical Bowl
Date: 1/15/17 | TV: Will be live streamed but not televised (per website)
Stadium: Daytona Beach Municipal Stadium | Daytona Beach, FL
1. D'Mauri Jones

Other Seniors:
Malcolm Lewis
Alex Gall
Gage Batten

Other Draft Eligible Canes:
Brad Kaaya
Joseph Yearby
Jermaine Grace
Al-Quadin Muhammad

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya is gonna be a good pro. I'm not saying he's gonna be an all-pro, or even a starter. But he's going to get drafted and he's going to earn an active roster spot.

Some of y'all might want to check NFL rosters to see the crop of back-up QBs. And with guys like Trevor Simien and Tom Savage earning starter reps, I don't think Kaaya will have any issues making a team and having a nice long career.

Advertisement
Surprised jermaine grace isn't on there. Thought Adrian colbert possibly but oh well
Coley
Carter
Muhammad
Elder
Kaaya
Njoku
Jenkins
Vogel
Isidora

Advertisement
No Grace or Yearby. Ouch. Although, I don't think Yearby was going to wow anyone at the combine with his measurables.

Wry surprised grace isn't there. Might be the fastest lb from a marquee program in the nation. I could see aqm creating noise

Advertisement
Back