NFL Day 2: Rounds 2 and 3

Advertisement
Corn, Kayaa, Coley where you at?

Coley and Corn got next in the 4th and 5th.... Kaaya not getting drafted.

He's rated 3rd best available QB according to the draft tracker. I think he goes late 4th or early 5th. Which is EXACTLY where I expected him to go. If he had come back, he could have made it to the 2nd or 3rd even with a deep QB class next year. Money lost.

Ohhh he's getting drafted. I mean it's obviously not great that we're even talking in these terms as far as "if" and not "when" but I know for a fact that the Steelers really like him. Again, the only wrench there is if they like Peterman better and he's available. But you were right and I was also of the same mindset- predicted him going in the 4th with the 5th being a worst case scenario. Neither option being a good rationale for declaring early.

What if the rationale was that his college development peaked, and CMR told him he didn't fit his system and it was time to go?

That's what I'm saying everybody on here keeps saying he would've been better off coming back?? How? He's always been the same qb since he 1st got here with the same problems that stall his production and limit his potential... One more year wasn't going to help him improve his stock. The next class of qbs would've outshined him as well.

And I believe coach Richt encouraged him to leave, all the rhetoric about wanting a qb that can move well in the pocket is a knock on Kaaya.

Also as far as this draft goes I don't think its a given he's getting drafted... 3rd best qb available could mean 200th best overall player available to NFL teams.

He's rated 3rd best available QB according to the draft tracker. I think he goes late 4th or early 5th. Which is EXACTLY where I expected him to go. If he had come back, he could have made it to the 2nd or 3rd even with a deep QB class next year. Money lost.

Ohhh he's getting drafted. I mean it's obviously not great that we're even talking in these terms as far as "if" and not "when" but I know for a fact that the Steelers really like him. Again, the only wrench there is if they like Peterman better and he's available. But you were right and I was also of the same mindset- predicted him going in the 4th with the 5th being a worst case scenario. Neither option being a good rationale for declaring early.

What if the rationale was that his college development peaked, and CMR told him he didn't fit his system and it was time to go?

I highly doubt though that Rick would've been even remotely pushing him to declare. Despite our collective high hopes for Perry, this can't be viewed as an ideal QB situation for Rick going into this year. And if Kaaya's college development has peaked then his NFL career is going to be real short. None of this precludes Kaaya himself from thinking he's not a great fit for what Rick is trying to do and just wanting to move on though. That's probably where some better outside advice should've set him straight though. I don't think outside "gurus" and advisors based in California are always worthy voices in these situations either.

Last edited:
Thing is let's be real this is the range most projected him even after the bowl game in the 3rd-5th round so why would he be disappointed? He knew that from the get go

Thing is let's be real this is the range most projected him even after the bowl game in the 3rd-5th round so why would he be disappointed? He knew that from the get go

You'd be surprised what kids SHOULD know and what they think (or are being lied to about).

Advertisement
Every qb in this class is very flawed yet the NFL thinks they are still much better prospects that Brad Kaaya. No way after all the hyping of how perfect he was in those qb drills and wonderlic scores, that he believed and would be OK with teams drafting so many other qbs before him. Why would a team draft him at this point in the draft when they can just wait to draft a better qb next year?

You'd be surprised what kids SHOULD know and what they think (or are being lied to about).
Hope this is a lesson for all the young um kids

He could go undrafted and it wouldn't be a lesson. These decisions are usually highly individualized without any regard for history. That's why there are sooooo many more mistakes made about leaving early than staying too long. It'll never change disirregardless of how many examples of leaving money on the table can be pointed at.

Advertisement
So in which round do you think Kayaa would have regrets about leaving early, 5th? 6th? I think you could feel ok getting drafted in rounds 3 or 4, but dang after that he's gotta be disappointed.

Rooting for him, but would be curious what he's thinking with all these ACC QBs like Watson, Trubisky, Peterman and Kizer being talked about going before him. Fingers crossed he ends up in a positive situation and can learn as a backup for a while.

He said he didnt care which round he got drafted in.

right. and all dudes buy playboy for the articles.

Agreed. By the sounds of it, Chad Wilson thought Quincy was going earlier in the 1st round then projected (mock drafts had him around the early 20's). Instead he gets drafted in the middle of the 2nd.

Advertisement

I highly doubt though that Rick would've been even remotely pushing him to declare. Despite our collective high hopes for Perry, this can't be viewed as an ideal QB situation for Rick going into this year. And if Kaaya's college development has peaked then his NFL career is going to be real short. None of this precludes Kaaya himself from thinking he's not a great fit for what Rick is trying to do and just wanting to move on though. That's probably where some better outside advice should've set him straight though. I don't think outside "gurus" and advisors based in California are always worthy voices in these situations either.

He was a 3 year starter. He wasn't going to show anything in year 4 that would move his draft stock meaningfully. Beating FSU would make him more popular with Miami (FL) fans, but the NFL doesn't care. He'd still have ****** pocket awareness/ptsd. He'd still be a statue. He'd still be running a system not conducive to his skill set. He's probably better off holding a clip board in the NFL and having the opportunity to watch and learn (something he never experienced at the college level) than coming back for year 4. Regardless of where he gets picked, it's hard to say it was a bad decision to leave.

Anyone ever think that maybe his development peaked in college because he was staring D Linemen in their faces all the time? How can you develop if your O line sucks?

Would only make sense to come back if you think the o line gets materially better.

Advertisement
I'm confused...how does Joe Mixon not go before Cook? The only issue he had was that he knocked a girl out and apparently he got blackballed by the league

He didn't fire a weapon on school property...he doesn't have rape accusation under his name....he wasn't charged with robbery

You never hit a woman and it shouldn't be allowed ever but he's a saint compared to Dalvin

Anyone who drafts Mixon is a ******. He did the same **** Ray Rice did, and we haven't seen that motherfcker since.

What ap did wont nothing. Got my *** whooped just like that several times as a kid.

You got repeatedly whipped in the ********s by your parents?

He didnt get no repeadetly whiped in no testacles. I got my *** whooped with a switch and *** did bleed.

Before you start typing you should do some research. Yes, he whipped his kid in the ********s. The police had the abuse photos.

Dont need research. When you get your *** whooped you are liable to get hit anywhere. **** is no big deal.

It's new times bruh, u can't do what's needed for these bad *** kids out here.

He was a 3 year starter. He wasn't going to show anything in year 4 that would move his draft stock meaningfully. Beating FSU would make him more popular with Miami (FL) fans, but the NFL doesn't care. He'd still have ****ty pocket awareness/ptsd. He'd still be a statue. He'd still be running a system not conducive to his skill set. He's probably better off holding a clip board in the NFL and having the opportunity to watch and learn (something he never experienced at the college level) than coming back for year 4. Regardless of where he gets picked, it's hard to say it was a bad decision to leave.

As much as I hate to say it, I think this is 100% accurate. I recall watching the 2016 Skills Competition a couple of months ago - in the passing drill Kaaya was perfect, was ****y and looked the part. And honestly, it ****ed me off because he has so much **** talent and looks like the poster-child NFL QB, but only in a practice setting.

I really want him to succeed, but there are so many red flags in his tape. Looking intimidated in the pocket, running into sacks, not being a vocal leader and being unable to complete a winning drive when it mattered over a three year career - those were the moments he needed to look the part, and it never happened.

You got repeatedly whipped in the ********s by your parents?

He didnt get no repeadetly whiped in no testacles. I got my *** whooped with a switch and *** did bleed.

Before you start typing you should do some research. Yes, he whipped his kid in the ********s. The police had the abuse photos.

Dont need research. When you get your *** whooped you are liable to get hit anywhere. **** is no big deal.

It's new times bruh, u can't do what's needed for these bad *** kids out here.

Dude beat the kid until he was bleeding, that's overboard as F.

Advertisement
Back