Next president

Advertisement
I doubt he's not retained. Especially with the current COVID situation. He is a doctor and former secretary of health in Mexico.
Former secretary of health in Mexico? Has anybody at UM ever been to f***ing Mexico?! Very unhealthy country. And yet Miami hires da former secretary of health from that cesspool? Unbelievable.

I doubt he's not retained. Especially with the current COVID situation. He is a doctor and former secretary of health in Mexico.

the university put out a puff piece on his response and medical background, but the reality is that he waited to take action later than the schools that he is trying to emulate and didn't make any unique or innovative moves where his credentials were a difference-maker. even more telling is that the school that he came from told their students to pack their **** and get out in 5 days on march 10th, and um sent out a message on the 11th saying that all classes will resume on all campuses on march 16. then the very next day they extend spring break and announce the shift to online, looking like completely indecisive ********. he's a follower, not a leader.

Last edited:
If Frenk isn't retained, his hiring was a disastrous gaffe on the BoT's part. Whole idea behind hiring him was to make Miami an international leader in healthcare (good hospital system = good US News ranking, if you're stupid enough to care about that). But he never seemed to be a fit for the culture. He's too soft-spoken and not enough of a figurehead.

It would be nice to get a President that gives a **** about football.
Okay, okay, I'll take the frigging job even if the traffic to get there is horrible.

Former secretary of health in Mexico? Has anybody at UM ever been to f***ing Mexico?! Very unhealthy country. And yet Miami hires da former secretary of health from that cesspool? Unbelievable.
But wasn't he at the UN too? He should have hired Butch when he fired Al. I did like him telling Duke to f**k off.

Advertisement
That is great that you have been saying that but what connection to the BOT do you have? Im guessing none.

Look at his posting history--almost anything he says is questionable...to just flat out koo koo for cocoa puffs.

But...but...but...

Now....where is a discussion just like this going on somewhere else?

Granted, just because TOC is 99.99% wrong on everything doesn't make him wrong on this...

see what i did....

Speaking of koo koo for cocoa puffs...

If Trump loses in November then he is my pick for UM president. He cares about Cane football and is rich enough and van enough to build us our own stadium with, of course, his name on it. Not to mention, he guarantees we get enough hatred to satisfy Cane fans. Imagine if win win a NC with him as President. Ah, the hate would be the greatest ever. ****, players might get cash rewards for taunting - or at least a Chair named for them. Imagine if there was a Thrill Hill Chair of Interpretive Dance. Plus a minute could not go buy on espn without mention of the Canes -- mean nasty stuff but we are use to that.

Advertisement
I do know some people in Stavridis' Florida social circles would absolutely love him as Miami's president. I think at minimum that he'd quickly fix the slide of the law school.
Stav would take us to the next level.......he should have our Canes back in short order, and has a personality that would fit right in...
Great career too......

Believe what you want to believe. My sources are solid.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.12.05 AM.png

I think they should consider Kerwin Charles.

Charles is the dean at my other mater - Yale School of Management. Previously, he was dean at the Chicago Booth school of business.

Charles is also a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research and an elected Fellow of the Society of Labor Economists. He has been chair of the Board of trustees of NORC, serves on the Board of Trustees of the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, is a member of the Federal Economic Statistics Advisory Committee, and sits on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Labor Economics.

He is one of the greatest African American leaders and academics on the planet, with sn elite resume, and would probably take the job. He is a fantastic human being, as I know him personally.

Advertisement

Charles is the dean at my other mater - Yale School of Management. Previously, he was dean at the Chicago Booth school of business.

Charles is also a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research and an elected Fellow of the Society of Labor Economists. He has been chair of the Board of trustees of NORC, serves on the Board of Trustees of the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, is a member of the Federal Economic Statistics Advisory Committee, and sits on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Labor Economics.

He is one of the greatest African American leaders and academics on the planet, with sn elite resume, and would probably take the job. He is a fantastic human being, as I know him personally.

Was it established elsewhere that he's a Cane?

Kerwin Charles > Kerwin Bell

Knows academia well and is a UM alum. Still hoping for Stavridis, but I can think of a lot worse candidates.

Advertisement
I’m sure the BOT is looking to this thread to guide their presumed presidential search.

Speaking of which, remember drinking El Presidente beer the last few years in the OB? I don’t know why that sticks out in my memory, but the only time I ever drank that brand of beer was at the Orange bowl.

Last edited:
I’m sure the BOT is looking to this thread to guide their presumed presidential search.

Speaking if which, remember drinking El Presidente beer the last few years in the OB? I don’t know why that sticks out in my memory, but the only time I ever drank that brand of beer was at the Orange bowl.
They don't make a move professionally or spiritually without looking to these vaunted forums.

If Trump loses in November then he is my pick for UM president. He cares about Cane football and is rich enough and van enough to build us our own stadium with, of course, his name on it. Not to mention, he guarantees we get enough hatred to satisfy Cane fans. Imagine if win win a NC with him as President. Ah, the hate would be the greatest ever. ****, players might get cash rewards for taunting - or at least a Chair named for them. Imagine if there was a Thrill Hill Chair of Interpretive Dance. Plus a minute could not go buy on espn without mention of the Canes -- mean nasty stuff but we are use to that.
Idiot Trump would make hid ****** son HC and have his baby momma design the uniforms. The U would be bankrupt before football season, sued for not paying contractors and he already crashed and burned running a fake school.

Come on we can do worst! We can choose a foreign model ***** who has less than a high school diploma, speaks poor English and can't do anything more complicated beyond coordinating outfits. Oh wait! Melana Trump already got a job as first female, second baby momma.
imagine thinking this is a slight? trump has a smokeshow wife who fills a position to make the spouse of the program feel important. big deal lol

Advertisement
Back