Next president

Anyone thinking that the football program is going to even be in the Top 10 of priorities for UM of this or of any new President is dreaming

Advertisement
Anyone thinking that the football program is going to even be in the Top 10 of priorities for UM of this or of any new President is dreaming

Miami is known for its Football across the country so if they hire someone that doesn't think it is even top 5 priorities they made an awful hire. Look at 2017, when we were undefeated and took ND to the wood shed on national TV. At that point Miami was back for 2 weeks of prime time and everyone was feeling the nostalgia of old. When we can get back to 9-12 win seasons a on a regular basis, this place will be the talk of college football again. We are way more exciting of a brand and team than Bama or Oklahoma etc.

Miami is known for its Football across the country so if they hire someone that doesn't think it is even top 5 priorities they made an awful hire. Look at 2017, when we were undefeated and took ND to the wood shed on national TV. At that point Miami was back for 2 weeks of prime time and everyone was feeling the nostalgia of old. When we can get back to 9-12 win seasons a on a regular basis, this place will be the talk of college football again. We are way more exciting of a brand and team than Bama or Oklahoma etc.

Even when we were National Champs we did NOT have a President who had football as even a top 10 priority.

In fact, I do not recall UM ever having a President that considered any sport a higher priority than academics. Sports have always been considered a secondary activity of the University

Now you think that magically the BOTs will make football a high priority when they know that even if being a Champion it will only marginally bring in more $$$ and even then ....not one that will bring in as much $$$ to the University as many other academic programs.

This was my thought exactly. CEO of UHealth is a position that Frenk is better suited for could probably do well in. Concentrate his focus on just medicine.

He has been lifeless as our president and I don’t know of many candidates, but Stavridis and UM alum mentioned above both sounds like massive upgrades.
I am not sure he is suited for that either. Although it is a tax-exempt health system, there are a lot of unique challenges from an operations and strategy side that I don't think he knows his *** from a hole in the ground about. Having a career as a government health official is extremely different than the skill sets he would need as UHealth CEO, especially given the hole in which UHealth started from Donna's asinine purchase price and the digging that Goldschmidt did once he started.

Advertisement
Even when we were National Champs we did NOT have a President who had football as even a top 10 priority.

In fact, I do not recall UM ever having a President that considered any sport a higher priority than academics. Sports have always been considered a secondary activity of the University

Now you think that magically the BOTs will make football a high priority when they know that even if being a Champion it will only marginally bring in more $$$ and even then ....not one that will bring in as much $$$ to the University as many other academic programs.

Donna loved UM Athletics, but no UM president has ever put Athletics as a higher priority over Academics.

Tad Foote definitely was adversarial towards Athletics.

During Henry King Stanford's tenure is when we discontinued the basketball program.

Jay F.W. Pearson - I don't think much is known here, though he ended racial segregation during his tenure, which was a big issue in Florida and the City of Miami as well.

Bowman Foster Ashe - started all of our athletics programs, but we probably have to give him the "original blame" for failing to build the on-campus stadium that was planned.

Presidente? Drink it all the time I’m the DR. That’s their national beer.

I wish I could remember what it tasted like. It couldn’t have been bad because I would’ve remembered that.

I had no idea it was from the Dominican republic. If my memory serves me right, I’m pretty sure it was the only beer that was being sold at the Orange bowl the last like three or four years. Maybe there’s another brand, I don’t know but that’s the only one I ever drank, for whatever reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back