Next president

Advertisement
Advertisement
Peace.jpg

Advertisement
I’m sure the BOT is looking to this thread to guide their presumed presidential search.

Speaking of which, remember drinking El Presidente beer the last few years in the OB? I don’t know why that sticks out in my memory, but the only time I ever drank that brand of beer was at the Orange bowl.
Presidente? Drink it all the time I’m the DR. That’s their national beer.

Don't know where all of this is coming from but if memory serves me Frenk was hired from Harvard due to his ability to raise big money along with his impressive academic credentials. Whether you liked Shalala or not she raised hundreds of millions for the U, medical school, facilities etc. and would be a tough act for anyone to follow. In this day and age a university or college president MUST be a successful fundraiser, especially at a private school where there isn't access to state (taxpayer) money.

Jeb. He's got the temperament for it and I think he would thrive in that role.

If Frenk isn't retained, his hiring was a disastrous gaffe on the BoT's part. Whole idea behind hiring him was to make Miami an international leader in healthcare (good hospital system = good US News ranking, if you're stupid enough to care about that). But he never seemed to be a fit for the culture. He's too soft-spoken and not enough of a figurehead.

It would be nice to get a President that gives a **** about football.
we had a choice between an retired Admiral and Frenk... academic liberal Donna's influence still is evident within BOT

Advertisement
If Frenk isn't retained, his hiring was a disastrous gaffe on the BoT's part. Whole idea behind hiring him was to make Miami an international leader in healthcare (good hospital system = good US News ranking, if you're stupid enough to care about that). But he never seemed to be a fit for the culture. He's too soft-spoken and not enough of a figurehead.

It would be nice to get a President that gives a **** about football.
or at least knows the sport is not played with a round ball

the university put out a puff piece on his response and medical background, but the reality is that he waited to take action later than the schools that he is trying to emulate and didn't make any unique or innovative moves where his credentials were a difference-maker. even more telling is that the school that he came from told their students to pack their **** and get out in 5 days on march 10th, and um sent out a message on the 11th saying that all classes will resume on all campuses on march 16. then the very next day they extend spring break and announce the shift to online, looking like completely indecisive ********. he's a follower, not a leader.
follower sounds like you are describing most SR mgmt at UM

The CEO of UHealth, Dr. Edward Abraham, recently stated that he will retire and his last day is 5/31.

Frenk will assume the role of Interim UHealth CEO after that.

Old Gregg thinks that Frenkenstein will "step down" (wink, wink) as University President, and he will be "hired" as the official UHealth CEO (if he still wants the job).

Stavridis stepped down as Dean of the Tufts School of Law and Diplomacy in 2018. As far as I know, he is living the unofficially retired life at his home somewhere in South Florida.

Old Gregg heard a rumor through the very long grapevine that the Admiral was originally our first option, but he didn't like the money we were offering so he turned down the offer. Frenkenstein was our second option and the BOT is kicking themselves for hiring him.

"TIFWIW"
so your saying the BOT made another questionable decision ? when was the last time they made somewhat of an OK decision.
they thrive on bad decisions , miscalculations,bad hires, they could not get it right if you handed them road map

Advertisement
so your saying the BOT made another questionable decision ? when was the last time they made somewhat of an OK decision.
they thrive on bad decisions , miscalculations,bad hires, they could not get it right if you handed them road map

The problem is that because a majority of them created/run successful businesses, they've convinced themselves that they invented the road map.

The CEO of UHealth, Dr. Edward Abraham, recently stated that he will retire and his last day is 5/31.

Frenk will assume the role of Interim UHealth CEO after that.

Old Gregg thinks that Frenkenstein will "step down" (wink, wink) as University President, and he will be "hired" as the official UHealth CEO (if he still wants the job).

Stavridis stepped down as Dean of the Tufts School of Law and Diplomacy in 2018. As far as I know, he is living the unofficially retired life at his home somewhere in South Florida.

Old Gregg heard a rumor through the very long grapevine that the Admiral was originally our first option, but he didn't like the money we were offering so he turned down the offer. Frenkenstein was our second option and the BOT is kicking themselves for hiring him.

"TIFWIW"
This was my thought exactly. CEO of UHealth is a position that Frenk is better suited for could probably do well in. Concentrate his focus on just medicine.

He has been lifeless as our president and I don’t know of many candidates, but Stavridis and UM alum mentioned above both sounds like massive upgrades.

Advertisement
Back