Next president

Advertisement
This is UM.

It will be an academic, not super-young, old enough to do at least 2 terms (10 years) if good enough to get a second term (unlike Frenk), and will be moderate-to-liberal.

I don't know who it will be, but it won't be Rice. Next AD won't be Sam Jankovich. Next Head Coach won't be JJ or Urban or Saban either.

I've been telling people that Frenk will not be retained...for the past year-and-a-half.

Frenk is a worthless sack.

I’m just asking how people are so sure. I mean, yeah, he comes off as a dead wet blanket to me, but I have no say in it. They can fire his *** for all I care, I have no positive feelings towards him.

Question is, comparatively speaking, how much money is he bringing in to the endowment?

Advertisement
I’m just asking how people are so sure. I mean, yeah, he comes off as a dead wet blanket to me, but I have no say in it. They can fire his *** for all I care, I have no positive feelings towards him.

Question is, comparatively speaking, how much money is he bringing in to the endowment?

I will say this. The people I know at UM are very sure. Also, if we were going to extend him, it woulda/shoulda/coulda happened already.

Frenk took over August 16, 2015. His term is up in a few months.

Think about this...if the UM-BOT wants to extend him, it would take 5 minutes to accomplish, regardless of quarantine.

On the other hand, if UM-BOT wants to find a new president, it will take a while, and quarantine is not helping.

As for the endowment issue, we just have to distinguish between "what UM could accomplish on its own regardless of who is UM president" and "what does Frenk bring to the table in terms of new money that UM would not have had without him". And on that second point, he is not exactly distinguishing himself.

I will say this. The people I know at UM are very sure. Also, if we were going to extend him, it woulda/shoulda/coulda happened already.

Frenk took over August 16, 2015. His term is up in a few months.

Think about this...if the UM-BOT wants to extend him, it would take 5 minutes to accomplish, regardless of quarantine.

On the other hand, if UM-BOT wants to find a new president, it will take a while, and quarantine is not helping.

As for the endowment issue, we just have to distinguish between "what UM could accomplish on its own regardless of who is UM president" and "what does Frenk bring to the table in terms of new money that UM would not have had without him". And on that second point, he is not exactly distinguishing himself.

All I know is, whatever people say about Shalala, she brought in some bucks. He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near her league.

All I know is, whatever people say about Shalala, she brought in some bucks. He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near her league.

Truth.

People are entitled to their political preferences.

But, personally, I don't give a **** what party a person is registered to when it comes to (a) raising money for my alma mater, or (b) leading our country out of a pandemic.

Advertisement
Advertisement

i've spoken to a few folks on staff that i still keep in touch with (including a few that are chummy with trustees), and they are all pretty sure he isn't being retained. he screwed up with donors because he hasn't figured out that miami isn't the northeast and politics flows two ways in south florida, takes every opportunity he can to be away from campus so the students don't give two ***** about him, college ranking has fallen under his tenure, has the charisma of a wet blanket, and a complete lack of understanding of the university's culture. frenck is an absolute failure, and him not getting an extension yet is a really big sign that they're at least giving hard looks in other directions.

i've spoken to a few folks on staff that i still keep in touch with (including a few that are chummy with trustees), and they are all pretty sure he isn't being retained. he screwed up with donors because he hasn't figured out that miami isn't the northeast and politics flows two ways in south florida, takes every opportunity he can to be away from campus so the students don't give two ***** about him, college ranking has fallen under his tenure, has the charisma of a wet blanket, and a complete lack of understanding of the university's culture. frenck is an absolute failure, and him not getting an extension yet is a really big sign that they're at least giving hard looks in other directions.

All true, plus the wife is the real power behind the throne, and he has not had any signature accomplishment or success that would allow you to overlook any of the things that you mentioned.

Advertisement
I doubt he's not retained. Especially with the current COVID situation. He is a doctor and former secretary of health in Mexico.

Advertisement
Back