Next morning thoughts (Long)

Thanks, my man! I agree with you 100% regarding the O-Line...literally could not agree more.

As for my son, I have a quick story from yesterday. I made the comment that I could not tell if we had any commits or targets on the sideline. My son, Austin, asked me "what's a commit?" I kept it simple and told him that a commit is a player that is not in college yet but has promised our coaches that they will be playing for Miami's football team when they get to college. He responded by asking, "Can you take me to the coach so I can promise him that I will play for Miami?"

He had an old man in tears. I was like....
View attachment 83874
View attachment 83875

Hahaha! That's OUTSTANDING!

Advertisement
I appreciate the love, my man. My wife was very supportive yesterday. She actually rocked our colors and had some gear on as well....
The fam
View attachment 83868

Wife and the oldest daughter
View attachment 83869

Me and the lil guy (he was the loudest person in our section. Lol)
View attachment 83870
@reg my man you were sitting right in front of me and my family! Looks like you even got my son and I in the 2nd quarter (below). You have a beautiful family and well behaved kids. Like you, I walked away relatively confident in the performance. Great day for a spring game!

Great write up as always, really appreciate your input whenever u post stuff like this. Couldn’t agree more on Nesta, his dance when the o line false starts is priceless. Having a dominant force like that who talks smack to an opponent at all times is about as Miami as you can get and it’s what we need. As for Harvey, he’s gonna be insane he came in pretty built but give him a year to develop and he’s gonna be a huge problem for offenses.
497BB118-5582-4205-9CAC-3ABB94AA112F.jpeg

Nice write-up Reg. Love what I'm hearing about Nesta. He's gonna terrorize mf'ers for years to come. As far as the QBs go, one thing I think has been overlooked is the fact that out of Perry, Williams, & Martell, Perry has had the lowest level of QB coaching of the 3 - by far - when you consider their HS & college careers. Jarren had private coaching from Quincy Avery, Martell learned under Meyer & Day...Kosi played in a backyard spread offense in HS & had Mark & Jon Richt as his developers at the U. Bottom line, it's likely that Perry has the most room for improvement & will see the biggest jump in his game under Enos. I don't think we know how good he can be just yet. One thing that's obvious: Enos is a game changer & all of our QBs will be light years better than they were before. Great pictures by the way, you guys are beautiful!

Advertisement
I appreciate the love, my man. My wife was very supportive yesterday. She actually rocked our colors and had some gear on as well....
The fam
View attachment 83868

Wife and the oldest daughter
View attachment 83869

Me and the lil guy (he was the loudest person in our section. Lol)
View attachment 83870
**** dude, I'm pretty sure no matter what else you do in life, your family has you steady in the 'winning' column.

Advertisement
Nice write up Reg. Nice looking family too. Glad see your are raising some more young Hurricanes. I still wonder if we will be using 2 QB's at times (packages for both normal offense and then a package for Tate to do his thing, if NP or JW win the starting job). Whomever wins the job, there could be a place for the second guy to get some snaps too.

Advertisement
Martell
He had a GREAT spring game! He made some true on the money throws and was very decisive regarding when to run. He has an "it" factor that can't be taught. There were people in my section, (black, white, and Hispanic)

Great post thanks, but Come on man, them were Cubanos - Hispanics like Mexicans and Guatemalans were out playing or watching another sort of Futball. Tell your son, he's on the right track.

Awesome write up, Reg. Love the pics of the family. That's priceless.

Don't know if fans can appreciate this, but for the first time in a long time we are almost back at Canes quality across the entire team. No matter what, we've always been able to get talent at RB, WR, DB, TE and DE. Now we have quality back at OL, QB, LB and DT which is huge. We need a little more depth at DB, LB and OL but I like our squad.

I absolutely love our chances Aug 24th. The Gaytors don't know what is about to hit them. We keep making improvements with our DL, OL and QB play, and we will smash those guys. Put Franks on his *** all game, force them to try to run, keep a clean pocket for our QB and it's a wrap.

I'm loving where we stand so far.

Thanks, my man! I agree with you 100% regarding the O-Line...literally could not agree more.

As for my son, I have a quick story from yesterday. I made the comment that I could not tell if we had any commits or targets on the sideline. My son, Austin, asked me "what's a commit?" I kept it simple and told him that a commit is a player that is not in college yet but has promised our coaches that they will be playing for Miami's football team when they get to college. He responded by asking, "Can you take me to the coach so I can promise him that I will play for Miami?"

He had an old man in tears. I was like....
View attachment 83874
View attachment 83875

You left out the part about not taking any other visits haha

But good stuff man. We’ve got talent, and a deeper pool of it at the most important position in a very very long time.

Doesn’t matter who starts on August 24th. That kid will have earned it.

Advertisement
@reg I tried to meet up with ya....I was standing on the Top of 110...but it was the most crowded area....And there was some fat *** (Usher type) who was starting that "Let's move along BS"...Lol
It would have been great to link up, my man! I couldn't hear that chant from where I was sitting. I was sitting by near the guy that kept yelling "we finally have a punter" everytime a punter punted, even during warmups. Lol.

I am still in your city. These kids are killing me. Lol. Headed to the last park of the day.....Magical Midway Thrill Park, off of international drive!

It would have been great to link up, my man! I couldn't hear that chant from where I was sitting. I was sitting by near the guy that kept yelling "we finally have a punter" everytime a punter punted, even during warmups. Lol.

I am still in your city. These kids are killing me. Lol. Headed to the last park of the day.....Magical Midway Thrill Park, off of international drive!
Somehow or another I'll see ya at a game...

Thanks to the both of you.

As for the O-Line, it is really hard to get a true assessment because our D-Line is ridiculous. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement, but the fact that the O-line is in a new system, has a new position coach, and has had some key injuries in the spring, makes it even more impressive that they can hold their own, at times, against our D-Line. We've played musical chairs throughout the spring with the Oline. Once they get entrenched and settled into their positions, they will be fine!

If Zion can add the necessary weight, it will make a world of a difference because that will give us 7-8 solid players to rotate.
Completely agree about the o line. Considering all the change; new coaches, scheme, injuries, and going against an elite d line they look like they're doing pretty **** well IMO. Who would've thought 4 months ago that 2 star Zion, who most people **** on us for taking, would be challenging for a starting spot ? Although I think he should be 2nd team LT for now, but beyond impressive the gains this kid has made in a few months.

@reg thanks and beautiful fam!

I hope and pray our fans continue to talk up other QBs. I’m like you I don’t care if Nesta is the starting QB I just want number #6! I believe Perry will be the man. I saw absolutely nothing yesterday that he did wrong, I saw him moving around in the pocket and checking down, but I’m no expert.

Advertisement
Back