Next morning thoughts (Long)

Honestly, in my opinion, none of the three have looked that great this spring. Just so so at best.
I completely agree with your entire post. I am responding to the quoted portion of it.

From my perspective, I was not expecting any of them to look great, considering that Perry and Williams didn't have any college coaching from Lil Richt. Also, Martell was/is more comfortable in a system that Enos does not traditionally run. As for the latter statement, Enos is the one that recruited Martell, so I assume, and more importantly, trust that he has a plan for Martell.

Enos has his work cut out for him. The good news is he has proven himself to be a great developer of QB's in his previous jobs. Even better news, is he has already done tremendous things, regarding the development of our current QB's.........in just 1 month of really working with them.

We, as a program, are in a good position right now regarding our QB's, not that Enos is here. When was the last time that we truly felt that way? Let's enjoy the ride, my man!

Advertisement
Honestly, I don't know how to feel. A part of me is saying "why f'uck up a classic" by diluting it with a sequel. The other part of me thinks that if done right, it could be epic.

I have never met a bigger "Coming to America" fan than myself. Seriously, I admit, I have problem. Lol
Everytime I get into a conversation with another huge fan, they always come to the conclusion that I am indeed the '"superfan" lol

It seems Eddy has fallen of the face of the earth. Would love to see him revived so to speak. I just hope and pray we get a SOL hair gel sighting. Haha

That's were you boys need to go....Good clean girls....

That Boy Good.....(Ed)..."He ain't ****".....
Donations...Donations....I'm sorry, thought that was the trash...
You know, when I look at these contestants for the Miss Black Awareness Pageant, I feel good! I feel good, because I know there’s a God somewhere!

Advertisement
Man, please don't get me started, I beg of you. I will be quoting the movie for the rest of the night. I have a problem. Lol. To put it in perspective, I managed to sneak a line from the movie into my wedding vows.
Lol....My kids were FURIOUS when I finally let them watch Delirious and Raw when they were older, and wouldn't when they were young....

Man, please don't get me started, I beg of you. I will be quoting the movie for the rest of the night. I have a problem. Lol. To put it in perspective, I managed to sneak a line from the movie into my wedding vows.
Ed's a homeboy...Roosevelt Long Island...same town as Dr J.....

Advertisement
Perry has to remain as the vocal point of the QB race cause for all his faults he’s the only one that has faced real game fire except for the one game that Martell played against terrible competition.
personally I think Martell will win out if for no other reason than his legs give us a fighting chance if our O-Line turns out to be what most of us think they will be.
JW needs to really jump out and show a major improvement if he’s to win the battle because he doesn’t have the legs and escapability of Martell or the game action of Perry.
Our QB room looks better than it has in years albeit that isn’t saying much considering who has rolled through it the past few years and I think whoever wins out will be an improvement over the last few years.But whoever wins out expect Perrys name deserved or not,to continue to be named first or second team cause Manny’s not starting the year with two QB’s with no game experience to speak of and he needs to keep Perry’s confidence up if it indeed ends up to be him or not because he can’t have Perry bolting leaving us with two raw QB’s

Lol....My kids were FURIOUS when I finally let them watch Delirious and Raw when they were older, and wouldn't when they were young....
Great ****, my man. Those are two of the best comedy albums that has ever recorded. Eddie is one of the best to ever do it. My favorite comedian is Dave Chappelle. However, Eddie is in my top 3 of all time!

Great ****, my man. Those are two of the best comedy albums that has ever recorded. Eddie is one of the best to ever do it. My favorite comedian is Dave Chappelle. However, Eddie is in my top 3 of all time!
Love Ed...Chappelle...Pryor...etc...I was like Ed...I used to sneak and listen to Pryor's Album "That N_ _ _ ers Crazy" in the mid 70s....Ridiculously Funny...But Bernie Mac's "My Sisters Kids" almost had me Hospitalized the 1st time I heard it....

I completely agree with your entire post. I am responding to the quoted portion of it.

From my perspective, I was not expecting any of them to look great, considering that Perry and Williams didn't have any college coaching from Lil Richt. Also, Martell was/is more comfortable in a system that Enos does not traditionally run. As for the latter statement, Enos is the one that recruited Martell, so I assume, and more importantly, trust that he has a plan for Martell.

Enos has his work cut out for him. The good news is he has proven himself to be a great developer of QB's in his previous jobs. Even better news, is he has already done tremendous things, regarding the development of our current QB's.........in just 1 month of really working with them.

We, as a program, are in a good position right now regarding our QB's, not that Enos is here. When was the last time that we truly felt that way? Let's enjoy the ride, my man!

Enos is going into the lab starting tomorrow, cranking up the supercomputers, letting the three young men now what they’re supposed to be doing between now and July.

In the meantime, he’s coming up with a different plan for whoever is the starter.

I do believe that the offense is going to be adapted to whoever the starter will be. In other words the offense is going to look different for Tate, it’ll look different for Kosi, it’ll look different for Williams. A lot of the concepts will be the same, but they’re going to be executed in a different way. For example there may be more rollouts and more shotgun formations with Tate than there might be with Williams. Maybe a little more under center stuff with Kosi, although I believe he’ll be doing his share of shotgun too.

Advertisement
Love Ed...Chappelle...Pryor...etc...I was like Ed...I used to sneak and listen to Pryor's Album "That N_ _ _ ers Crazy" in the mid 70s....Ridiculously Funny...But Bernie Mac's "My Sisters Kids" almost had me Hospitalized the 1st time I heard it....
"Him down stairs"....."Who da f'uck is him?...Like I ain't go no name"

Advertisement
I appreciate the love, my man. My wife was very supportive yesterday. She actually rocked our colors and had some gear on as well....
The fam
View attachment 83868

Wife and the oldest daughter
View attachment 83869

Me and the lil guy (he was the loudest person in our section. Lol)
View attachment 83870

Now that’s what you call a fine looking family reg! Great to see the family made it out to the game with you, of course 50% to watch the Canes and the other 50% for the amusement parks located conveniently nearby 🤣.

Loved the assessment and it wasn’t too long brotha! Completely agree with what your thoughts are across the board. It’s going to be a much better season than I think most are trusting and believing.

Perry has to remain as the vocal point of the QB race cause for all his faults he’s the only one that has faced real game fire except for the one game that Martell played against terrible competition.
personally I think Martell will win out if for no other reason than his legs give us a fighting chance if our O-Line turns out to be what most of us think they will be.
JW needs to really jump out and show a major improvement if he’s to win the battle because he doesn’t have the legs and escapability of Martell or the game action of Perry.
Our QB room looks better than it has in years albeit that isn’t saying much considering who has rolled through it the past few years and I think whoever wins out will be an improvement over the last few years.But whoever wins out expect Perrys name deserved or not,to continue to be named first or second team cause Manny’s not starting the year with two QB’s with no game experience to speak of and he needs to keep Perry’s confidence up if it indeed ends up to be him or not because he can’t have Perry bolting leaving us with two raw QB’s
There's some interesting takes in your post. I think Jarren is getting an unfair rep based upon him not having the best showing in the spring game. It was one scrimmage. It should not trump all of the positives that he had throughout the spring. He had a very solid spring, by all accounts.

Advertisement
Back