Next morning thoughts (Long)

Advertisement

OCCC , we've had some EPIC battles brother head to head they were relentless you are fierce competitor in battle so glad your on our side seriously yet I dig the sense of humor you have this is an awesome example you can be my wing-man any time OCCC.

What do you think HUGE DESK , OCCC the DUDE LOLOLOLOL.....KUDOS BROTHER

GOCANES

My thoughts on the QBs --

Perry/Williams is the real battle. Loser leaves town type fare. But I agree with reg, its not close to being over.

I'm not sure if Tate Martell wins the starting job, but I know he's much different then Perry or Williams to the point that if Enos is worth his salt then he at minimum will find ways to get Martell into a game and use his skill set for positive plays.

I got a chance to watch our guys yesterday with the family. It was my two year old first time seeing the team. She loved Sebastian. Lol. Now that spring is over, below are some thoughts regarding yesterday and the spring holistically. Please forgive all grammatical errors because I am not going to check for them before I press "post thread." I am still a little hung over from both alcohol and "kid stuff." F'uck all of these **** Orlando parks and ****. These kids have absolutely drained ya boy! Lol

QB Leader
I have maintained that I do not have any favorites and like most rational thinking people, I don't think that the QB battle is anywhere close to being decided. I do, however, believe that Perry is the leader in the club house going into the summer workouts. Here's why:
1. He started out the spring with the 1st team because the coaches said that he worked the hardest in off season workouts.
2. At first, our dumb *** Miami reporters were saying that it's a two man race between Perry and William's. Now geniuses are saying its between Perry and Martell. Both are dumb accessments. But much like every joke, there is normally some truth to be found. The common denominator was always Perry. The coaches have shown much of the same which leads me to my next point...
3. Via coach speak, the coaches are all going to give the same political type of answers, and they have valid reason for doing so (Motivation tactics, transfer management, etc...) However, Perry remained the QB who took the majority of 1st team reps throughout the spring. In long, he started out the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the QB with the first string and he finished the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the first QB with the first string.
4. He had the best showing and was the most consistent in the 3 scrimmages.
My man @Sigma_Cane_7 put it best, Kosi has always had a rifle for an arm, but now that rifle has a scope on it!

Nesta ol Nesta
He is a flat out bully! He plays like a bully but he acts even more like one, which I think can be almost as important. Think of people like Dennis Rodman, Warren Sapp, Bill Laimbeer etc... Nesta never stops talking s'hit,....Never! Whether he is the one making a play or not, he is go in ng to talk s'hit. If the offense gets a pre-snap penalty, he has a dance that he does and then he talks made s'hit, all before the next snap. He does this with ever pre-snap penalty. If he is the one that makes a play, look out! Psychologically, his style of play and personality will wear on you mentally. I picture him as the crazy guy that sees you in the street and ask you "are you the ma****er that shot my mama and got my girl pregnant."

He is going to be a great one!!!

Martell
The hate needs to stop for several reasons, but if for nothing else, the guy can f'ucking ball. He struggled early on but he finished very strong, and that should count more than his initial struggles. He had a GREAT spring game! He made some true on the money throws and was very decisive regarding when to run. He has an "it" factor that can't be taught. There were people in my section, (black, white, and Hispanic) that were literally talking s'hit about him before he even took a snap. The s'hit was ridiculous. I am glad he shut them the f'uck up with his great performance yesterday. HE IS LEGIT!!! Summer workouts will be fun to follow this year because we have a true QB battle on our hands!

D-Line
LOL at every O-Line that has to face our D-Line, especiallythe DE's! Harvey is a **** monster and to think he is not yet at the level of Garvin and Rousseau, is absolutely scary. Oh, and Hill is not even on campus yet! Patchen will also provide quality depth. Again, LOL at opposing O-Lines!

Linebacker Depth
We desperately need the portal to continue to show us favor. Joyner, I think will a good one, and hopefully Huff and Brooks can come in and hit the ground running. Either way, we need a couple of gifts from the portal.

TE's/WR's
KJ Osborn is a godsend! He is the best addition on the team and I honestly think he is going put the country on notice going into next year's draft. Mallory is equally as impressive as a TE, and many will argue that Osborn and Mallory are the second best at the positions respectively. ****!

Final thought
Overall, in our very basic, vanilla offense that was on display yesterday and throughout the spring, our offense looks like it came from 50 years in the future, compared to what we had to deal with in recent memory. I also don't think that our defense will take a huge step back like many are predicting, if the even take a step back at all! They are that good! I am going into the summer feeling very optimistic about August 24th!
Wow!!! Thanks for that great post!!! Very insightful and I can appreciate the honesty without any prejudice good or bad.

Advertisement
My thoughts on the QBs --

Perry/Williams is the real battle. Loser leaves town type fare. But I agree with reg, its not close to being over.

I'm not sure if Tate Martell wins the starting job, but I know he's much different then Perry or Williams to the point that if Enos is worth his salt then he at minimum will find ways to get Martell into a game and use his skill set for positive plays.
I definitely thought Martell was beginning to lag behind the other two, because of his early struggles. However, he looked really good at the spring game. I know it's just one Spring scrimmage, but it was enough to show me what he is capable of doing. These 3 pushing each other is going to result in what I believe will be very good QB play this year. Man, just typing that last line, feels so **** good!

I definitely thought Martell was beginning to lag behind the other two, because of his early struggles. However, he looked really good at the spring game. I know it's just one Spring scrimmage, but it was enough to show me what he is capable of doing. These 3 pushing each other is going to result in what I believe will be very good QB play this year. Man, just typing that last line, feels so **** good!

Spring is over. They’re all a muff hair’s difference between the three quarterbacks in my opinion right now - this thing is going to be won between today and the first week of August. My guess is a quarterback leader or starter will be named, or at least the coaches will know in their heads, by the first or second week in August.

So I’m not on campus, and I can’t see what’s going on, but let’s see who humps it between now and the first day of practice. That is going to make a huge difference as to who ends up being the quarterback - at least for the first game.

Advertisement
Spring is over. They’re all a muff hair’s difference between the three quarterbacks in my opinion right now - this thing is going to be won between today and the first week of August. My guess is a quarterback leader or starter will be named, or at least the coaches will know in their heads, by the first or second week in August.

So I’m not on campus, and I can’t see what’s going on, but let’s see who humps it between now and the first day of practice. That is going to make a huge difference as to who ends up being the quarterback - at least for the first game.
Enos, himself, said that there were times when he thought one qb was leading, but then another qb would step up and make him "pump the brakes" on his thoughts. I think the coaches have an idea of who the leader is right now. I appreciate about the way they've handled it. They have not prematurely announced that there was a leader, but instead will wait to announce a starter. Announcing a leader will cause more damage than it will do good!

TE's/WR's
KJ Osborn is a godsend! He is the best addition on the team and I honestly think he is going put the country on notice going into next year's draft. Mallory is equally as impressive as a TE, and many will argue that Osborn and Mallory are the second best at the positions respectively. ****!

This right here cannot be overvalued. What a great situation we're in!

Enos, himself, said that there were times when he thought one qb was leading, but then another qb would step up and make him "pump the brakes" on his thoughts. I think the coaches have an idea of who the leader is right now. I appreciate about the way they've handled it. They have not prematurely announced that there was a leader, but instead will wait to announce a starter. Announcing a leader will cause more damage than it will do good!

If a game was played tomorrow, sure they’d pick a guy....but I think they know that whoever that might be could end up being the number three guy by August.

Honestly, in my opinion, none of the three have looked that great this spring. Just so so at best.

There is A LOT that needs to be done by these three guys between now and then, and the coaches are paying close attention. If it’s still super close between all three by mid August, to where there was no leader in the race, the nod may go to the guy who exhibited the strongest leadership and work ethic in the next few moths.

But I think someone will emerge...I just don’t know who.

It may end up being the guy that wants it the most.

Other than the fact that he leads a few drills, what makes people think Perry is leading the competition? Last time I checked He hasn’t performed well at all against the first team defense at any point of the last 3 scrimmages to definitively say he’s leading imo. He’s led some pretty unproductive drives against the first team defense outside of the field goal opening the second scrimmage. All 3 of the qbs are in this tight race... the way I see it no one has seperated themselves just yet against LEGIT competition

First scrimmage 5-7 125 yards 2tds(102 of those yards and 2 tds against 3rd team/walkon dbs

2nd scrimmage led field goal in the first drive. Struggled the rest of the drives.

3rd scrimmage- struggled vs the first team here too.

Advertisement
THEY WANT TO BE RIGHT!. SEEN IT YEARLY SINCE BEEN ON THIS BOARD. WE GOT GUYS THAT STILL HATE ON CHICKILLO IN THE NFL

That’s the truth.

And I know some people don’t believe this, but I have no idea about the QB, I just don’t know, who it’s going to be. There are people here they have “their guy“ already picked out. I have literally no clue.

I can see a scenario where anyone of the three ends up being the guy.

I’ll tell you one thing, whoever it is, needs to improve a whole lot between now and August. I mean any one of the three.

That’s the truth.

And I know some people don’t believe this, but I have no idea about the QB, I just don’t know, who it’s going to be. There are people here they have “their guy“ already picked out. I have literally no clue.

I can see a scenario where anyone of the three ends up being the guy.

I’ll tell you one thing, whoever it is, needs to improve a whole lot between now and August. I mean any one of the three.
Nobody knows...including the staff....One of the 3 need to hit the books and Film room as @Franchise alluded to in another post....Perfect opportunity for one of them to Grab the position and run with it.....Lets see who has the fortitude...

Nobody knows...including the staff....One of the 3 need to hit the books and Film room as @Franchise alluded to in another post....Perfect opportunity for one of them to Grab the position and run with it.....Lets see who has the fortitude...

Yeah but have you noticed some people have gone to their corners with “their guy”. With some it’s Tate, with some it’s Perry, not very many for Williams that I’ve noticed, but there are probably some with an agenda for him as well..

It’s sickening.

Advertisement
Yeah but have you noticed some people have gone to their corners with “their guy”. With some it’s Tate, with some it’s Perry, not very many for Williams that I’ve noticed, but there are probably some with an agenda for him as well..

It’s sickening.
I couldn't careless who wins....All I want is the best QB to put us in position to Win....Thats all.....

I couldn't careless who wins....All I want is the best QB to put us in position to Win....Thats all.....

Me too. But there are people here who want “their guy” to get the job....and if he doesn’t, they’re going to be cheerleading for the other guy to fail.

Just watch and see.

reg I guess the real question everyone wants to know is "Are you excited for coming to America 2" :cool:
Honestly, I don't know how to feel. A part of me is saying "why f'uck up a classic" by diluting it with a sequel. The other part of me thinks that if done right, it could be epic.

I have never met a bigger "Coming to America" fan than myself. Seriously, I admit, I have problem. Lol
Everytime I get into a conversation with another huge fan, they always come to the conclusion that I am indeed the '"superfan" lol

Honestly, I don't know how to feel. A part of me is saying "why f'uck up a classic" by diluting it with a sequel. The other part of me thinks that if done right, it could be epic.

I have never met a bigger "Coming to America" fan than myself. Seriously, I admit, I have problem. Lol
Everytime I get into a conversation with another huge fan, they always come to the conclusion that I am indeed the '"superfan" lol
That's were you boys need to go....Good clean girls....

Advertisement
Back