Next morning thoughts (Long)

reg

Sophomore
I got a chance to watch our guys yesterday with the family. It was my two year old first time seeing the team. She loved Sebastian. Lol. Now that spring is over, below are some thoughts regarding yesterday and the spring holistically. Please forgive all grammatical errors because I am not going to check for them before I press "post thread." I am still a little hung over from both alcohol and "kid stuff." F'uck all of these **** Orlando parks and ****. These kids have absolutely drained ya boy! Lol

QB Leader
I have maintained that I do not have any favorites and like most rational thinking people, I don't think that the QB battle is anywhere close to being decided. I do, however, believe that Perry is the leader in the club house going into the summer workouts. Here's why:
1. He started out the spring with the 1st team because the coaches said that he worked the hardest in off season workouts.
2. At first, our dumb *** Miami reporters were saying that it's a two man race between Perry and William's. Now geniuses are saying its between Perry and Martell. Both are dumb accessments. But much like every joke, there is normally some truth to be found. The common denominator was always Perry. The coaches have shown much of the same which leads me to my next point...
3. Via coach speak, the coaches are all going to give the same political type of answers, and they have valid reason for doing so (Motivation tactics, transfer management, etc...) However, Perry remained the QB who took the majority of 1st team reps throughout the spring. In long, he started out the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the QB with the first string and he finished the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the first QB with the first string.
4. He had the best showing and was the most consistent in the 3 scrimmages.
My man @Sigma_Cane_7 put it best, Kosi has always had a rifle for an arm, but now that rifle has a scope on it!

Nesta ol Nesta
He is a flat out bully! He plays like a bully but he acts even more like one, which I think can be almost as important. Think of people like Dennis Rodman, Warren Sapp, Bill Laimbeer etc... Nesta never stops talking s'hit,....Never! Whether he is the one making a play or not, he is go in ng to talk s'hit. If the offense gets a pre-snap penalty, he has a dance that he does and then he talks made s'hit, all before the next snap. He does this with ever pre-snap penalty. If he is the one that makes a play, look out! Psychologically, his style of play and personality will wear on you mentally. I picture him as the crazy guy that sees you in the street and ask you "are you the ma****er that shot my mama and got my girl pregnant."

He is going to be a great one!!!

Martell
The hate needs to stop for several reasons, but if for nothing else, the guy can f'ucking ball. He struggled early on but he finished very strong, and that should count more than his initial struggles. He had a GREAT spring game! He made some true on the money throws and was very decisive regarding when to run. He has an "it" factor that can't be taught. There were people in my section, (black, white, and Hispanic) that were literally talking s'hit about him before he even took a snap. The s'hit was ridiculous. I am glad he shut them the f'uck up with his great performance yesterday. HE IS LEGIT!!! Summer workouts will be fun to follow this year because we have a true QB battle on our hands!

D-Line
LOL at every O-Line that has to face our D-Line, especiallythe DE's! Harvey is a **** monster and to think he is not yet at the level of Garvin and Rousseau, is absolutely scary. Oh, and Hill is not even on campus yet! Patchen will also provide quality depth. Again, LOL at opposing O-Lines!

Linebacker Depth
We desperately need the portal to continue to show us favor. Joyner, I think will a good one, and hopefully Huff and Brooks can come in and hit the ground running. Either way, we need a couple of gifts from the portal.

TE's/WR's
KJ Osborn is a godsend! He is the best addition on the team and I honestly think he is going put the country on notice going into next year's draft. Mallory is equally as impressive as a TE, and many will argue that Osborn and Mallory are the second best at the positions respectively. ****!

Final thought
Overall, in our very basic, vanilla offense that was on display yesterday and throughout the spring, our offense looks like it came from 50 years in the future, compared to what we had to deal with in recent memory. I also don't think that our defense will take a huge step back like many are predicting, if the even take a step back at all! They are that good! I am going into the summer feeling very optimistic about August 24th!

Advertisement
Thanks @reg! Glad you and the fam had a great time and those 3 beautiful kids wore you out.

BTW, it's obvious you robbed the semenholes of their very best in the wife. She should get a pass in that she married a great Cane and had a hand in producing 3 beautiful kids that all throw up the "U".

Advertisement
I got a chance to watch our guys yesterday with the family. It was my two year old first time seeing the team. She loved Sebastian. Lol. Now that spring is over, below are some thoughts regarding yesterday and the spring holistically. Please forgive all grammatical errors because I am not going to check for them before I press "post thread." I am still a little hung over from both alcohol and "kid stuff." F'uck all of these **** Orlando parks and ****. These kids have absolutely drained ya boy! Lol

QB Leader
I have maintained that I do not have any favorites and like most rational thinking people, I don't think that the QB battle is anywhere close to being decided. I do, however, believe that Perry is the leader in the club house going into the summer workouts. Here's why:
1. He started out the spring with the 1st team because the coaches said that he worked the hardest in off season workouts.
2. At first, our dumb *** Miami reporters were saying that it's a two man race between Perry and William's. Now geniuses are saying its between Perry and Martell. Both are dumb accessments. But much like every joke, there is normally some truth to be found. The common denominator was always Perry. The coaches have shown much of the same which leads me to my next point...
3. Via coach speak, the coaches are all going to give the same political type of answers, and they have valid reason for doing so (Motivation tactics, transfer management, etc...) However, Perry remained the QB who took the majority of 1st team reps throughout the spring. In long, he started out the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the QB with the first string and he finished the spring with the coaches trotting him out as the first QB with the first string.
4. He had the best showing and was the most consistent in the 3 scrimmages.
My man @Sigma_Cane_7 put it best, Kosi has always had a rifle for an arm, but now that rifle has a scope on it!

Nesta ol Nesta
He is a flat out bully! He plays like a bully but he acts even more like one, which I think can be almost as important. Think of people like Dennis Rodman, Warren Sapp, Bill Laimbeer etc... Nesta never stops talking s'hit,....Never! Whether he is the one making a play or not, he is go in ng to talk s'hit. If the offense gets a pre-snap penalty, he has a dance that he does and then he talks made s'hit, all before the next snap. He does this with ever pre-snap penalty. If he is the one that makes a play, look out! Psychologically, his style of play and personality will wear on you mentally. I picture him as the crazy guy that sees you in the street and ask you "are you the ma****er that shot my mama and got my girl pregnant."

He is going to be a great one!!!

Martell
The hate needs to stop for several reasons, but if for nothing else, the guy can f'ucking ball. He struggled early on but he finished very strong, and that should count more than his initial struggles. He had a GREAT spring game! He made some true on the money throws and was very decisive regarding when to run. He has an "it" factor that can't be taught. There were people in my section, (black, white, and Hispanic) that were literally talking s'hit about him before he even took a snap. The s'hit was ridiculous. I am glad he shut them the f'uck up with his great performance yesterday. HE IS LEGIT!!! Summer workouts will be fun to follow this year because we have a true QB battle on our hands!

D-Line
LOL at every O-Line that has to face our D-Line, especiallythe DE's! Harvey is a **** monster and to think he is not yet at the level of Garvin and Rousseau, is absolutely scary. Oh, and Hill is not even on campus yet! Patchen will also provide quality depth. Again, LOL at opposing O-Lines!

Linebacker Depth
We desperately need the portal to continue to show us favor. Joyner, I think will a good one, and hopefully Huff and Brooks can come in and hit the ground running. Either way, we need a couple of gifts from the portal.

TE's/WR's
KJ Osborn is a godsend! He is the best addition on the team and I honestly think he is going put the country on notice going into next year's draft. Mallory is equally as impressive as a TE, and many will argue that Osborn and Mallory are the second best at the positions respectively. ****!

Final thought
Overall, in our very basic, vanilla offense that was on display yesterday and throughout the spring, our offense looks like it came from 50 years in the future, compared to what we had to deal with in recent memory. I also don't think that our defense will take a huge step back like many are predicting, if the even take a step back at all! They are that good! I am going into the summer feeling very optimistic about August 24th!

Now the rifle has a scope” is a “count the basket, and 1” type line.

Rest up, reg. Great observations.

Advertisement
Thanks Reg I appreciate your post...good reading. I have 4 kids so I feel you. They wear you out but I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm enjoying an adult beverage so cheers, I appreciate your raising my enthusiasm meter one notch up for August 24th.

Advertisement
Thanks, reg.

Would’ve loved to hear your thoughts on the OL and also Jarren in a more specific sense.

I really have no doubt The U will put the nation on notice this year.

@reg Great JOB on Easter Sunday! I see you left out the OL ? any thoughts?

Thanks to the both of you.

As for the O-Line, it is really hard to get a true assessment because our D-Line is ridiculous. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement, but the fact that the O-line is in a new system, has a new position coach, and has had some key injuries in the spring, makes it even more impressive that they can hold their own, at times, against our D-Line. We've played musical chairs throughout the spring with the Oline. Once they get entrenched and settled into their positions, they will be fine!

If Zion can add the necessary weight, it will make a world of a difference because that will give us 7-8 solid players to rotate.

Thanks @reg! Glad you and the fam had a great time and those 3 beautiful kids wore you out.

BTW, it's obvious you robbed the semenholes of their very best in the wife. She should get a pass in that she married a great Cane and had a hand in producing 3 beautiful kids that all throw up the "U".
I appreciate the love, my man. My wife was very supportive yesterday. She actually rocked our colors and had some gear on as well....
The fam

Wife and the oldest daughter

Me and the lil guy (he was the loudest person in our section. Lol)

Advertisement
Good stuff as usual, Reg. Your lil' man has THAT look too. Kid is gonna be an early unwavering commit that serves as the ambassador for his class.

As far as our o-line and I may be grasping at any sort of optimism that I can find but here's to our d-line and D in general baptizing them by fire on a day to day basis so as gameday is their day to actually enjoy. IF they're facing elite daily Greentree competition and IF we can keep them healthy and IF Barry/Enos are remotely the real deal then we should be able to put out at minimum a serviceable unit that can protect a hopefully competent QB and not allow opposing defenses to cheat due to a non-existent passing game threat.

Last edited:
Good stuff as usual, Reg. You lil' man has THAT look too. Kid is gonna be an early unwavering commit that serves as the ambassador for his class.

As far as our o-line and I may be grasping at any sort of optimism that I can find but here's to our d-line and D in general baptizing them by fire on a day to day basis so as gameday is their day to actually enjoy. IF they're facing elite daily Greentree competition and IF we can keep them healthy and IF Barry/Enos are remotely the real deal then we should be able to put out at minimum a serviceable unit that can protect a hopefully competent QB and not allow opposing defenses to cheat due to a non-existent passing game threat.
Thanks, my man! I agree with you 100% regarding the O-Line...literally could not agree more.

As for my son, I have a quick story from yesterday. I made the comment that I could not tell if we had any commits or targets on the sideline. My son, Austin, asked me "what's a commit?" I kept it simple and told him that a commit is a player that is not in college yet but has promised our coaches that they will be playing for Miami's football team when they get to college. He responded by asking, "Can you take me to the coach so I can promise him that I will play for Miami?"

He had an old man in tears. I was like....

Advertisement
Back