NEWSFLASH..we are not deep at WR according to Golden today..

Advertisement
Golden says our deepest unit on paper is not deep at all.....

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

* Asked about what Lawrence Cager did to break the two-deep in a deep receiving corps, Golden responded, "I don't think we're deep. That's one of the spots that when you look at our recruiting right now we need a lot of receivers. We're short there, not where we want to be at receiver. If you have those five scholarships right now, I'd say `One or two more running backs, one or two more receivers, one or two more corners.' In that range. ...

I wonder how the upper class WR's are feeling right now....? Golden is absolutely the worst f**king head coach on the planet.

The excuse machine is kicking in early....when will the nightmare end!

Could you be more stupid? He's talking numbers. It's not unusual for a team to have 8+ WRs ready to go. His comments in no way are a negative about the quality of the WRs we do have. But keep making up BS to whine about.

Miami only have 8 receivers most schools have 2 times that amount. If he said it in that way he would be correct.

I'm sure most schools use 16 out of 85 scholarships on wide receivers, or about 20% of their roster.

Good call BroRck.

Miami only have 8 receivers most schools have 2 times that amount. If he said it in that way he would be correct.

Bama currently 16 WR's, 45 OL and 32 DL on their roster in addition to 12 QB's.

Oh, I forgot to mention they have 22 punters.

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

* Asked about what Lawrence Cager did to break the two-deep in a deep receiving corps, Golden responded, "I don't think we're deep. That's one of the spots that when you look at our recruiting right now we need a lot of receivers. We're short there, not where we want to be at receiver. If you have those five scholarships right now, I'd say `One or two more running backs, one or two more receivers, one or two more corners.' In that range. ...

I wonder how the upper class WR's are feeling right now....? Golden is absolutely the worst f**king head coach on the planet.

The excuse machine is kicking in early....when will the nightmare end!

Could you be more stupid? He's talking numbers. It's not unusual for a team to have 8+ WRs ready to go. His comments in no way are a negative about the quality of the WRs we do have. But keep making up BS to whine about.
Yeah buddy...thats what he meant.

Advertisement
No...he is *****ing about scholarship reductions that do not currently exist as an excuse.

We could play at 84 if we chose.

Golden chooses to undersign every year because he is a stupid loser.

Scott sr
Waters sr
Lewis jr
Jones jr
Coley jr
Berrios so
Brady so
Langham fr
Cager fr

That's scholarship WRs on the roster heading into spring 2017.

The **** are you talking about dk72

LULZ at Al Golden for complaining about a problem he created.

BTW, here are the stats for all players that caught more than 10 balls during the 2001 season:

Receiving
Rk Player Rec Yds Avg TD
1 Jeremy Shockey 40 519 13.0 7
2 Andre Johnson 37 682 18.4 10
3 Ethenic Sands 26 385 14.8 1
4 Kevin Beard 25 409 16.4 2
5 Daryl Jones 19 240 12.6 0
6 Najeh Davenport 14 190 13.6 2
7 Clinton Portis 12 125 10.4 1

Well, lookie here, only 4 WRs were needed to win a national championship - AMAZING. This idea that you need 10 WRs is ridiculous and just another excuse from Corch Golden.

Please Golden save the excuses - you are hurting Butch's brain.

100905_butch_davis.jpg

It takes a special type of loser like Golden to whiff on RBs and WRs while coaching a school in South Florida. He could run into about 5 of em on his way to Taco Bell every morning.

You forgot CB. Our 4th CB is a true FR we didn't recruit until we whiffed on 6-7 guys before him.

He is a horrible recruiter and we still have the most talent in the Coastal.

Advertisement

BTW, here are the stats for all players that caught more than 10 balls during the 2001 season:

Receiving
Rk Player Rec Yds Avg TD

Well, lookie here, only 4 WRs were needed to win a national championship - AMAZING. This idea that you need 10 WRs is ridiculous and just another excuse from Corch Golden.

View attachment 31581

Golden can't help but feel sorry for himself.

Total loser.

Receiving
Rk Player Rec Yds Avg TD

View attachment 31581

Looking at it again, it appears to have been a weak attempt to bring up "the cloud".

He's referencing the scholarship reductions. Those 5 whole schollies. In other words he is STILL blaming the cloud for his incompetence.

Advertisement
He's referencing the scholarship reductions. Those 5 whole schollies. In other words he is STILL blaming the cloud for his incompetence.

AGAIN!
OSU has the SAME penalty!
Urban doesn't use excuses, 1qb (award favorite)down.. No big deal...2qb (another all b10) no big dea...bring in the 3rd string and beat Bama,Oregon...
Try something else Al

That's exactly what he's doing making it seem he's still handicapped because of the sanctions.This is a non issue but the local media can't call him out on it because they're clueless,they have no idea how many scholarship players we're at how many we had last year,how many did we self imposed last year and are this year.Golden can say what ever he wants because he knows this is not a gainsville,tally or Alabama whre the reporters are up to date on the team they cover.

Advertisement

lmao...teams that we lost to with the amount of receivers that caught at least 1 pass:

6- S.Carolina
9- Nebraska
5- GT
8- Louisville
7- Virginia
8- Pitt
8- FSU

Playoff teams:
8- FSU
6- OSU
7- Oregon
7- Alabama

Even Duke won the Coastal with 7...We can't even beat teams that doesn't have 16 Wrs.:)

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

I just said this on another post. After Coley & Burns declare for the Draft, We are going to be in trouble at WR & CB. They are not deep at all. We need a JUCO transfer at both positions next year.

Advertisement
Back