NEWSFLASH..we are not deep at WR according to Golden today..

Miami only have 8 receivers most schools have 2 times that amount. If he said it in that way he would be correct.

Advertisement
Who was responsible for this fake lack of depth? And why can't you sign WRs and RBs in S Florida when you trip over them walking to the bathroom?

Anyone have a list of all the S Florida WRs and RBs he missed on? Ridley is expected to be a phenom to replace the other S Florida guy he missed on--Cooper--according to early reports.

He means depth you f-cktard. As a coach you want to make sure when the seniors and JR's that are good enough leave you have others that can step up. You cant rely on an AA true frosh to come in and save you.

We havent Red Shirted kids like we should under Golden. Some falls on the roster being toyed with because of missed recruits and kids leaving but most falls directly on Golden. Choc got 6 carries last year against an FCS team. That is outrageous. That kid came in late and was behind the ball and still is according to some account on the playbook. Please explain to me why a kid with his potential coming in late and slow to pick up a playbook would not have been Red Shirted? Thats gross negligence!!

Golden recruited those kids.

Brady and Langham were highly recruited and are true sophomores....all of a sudden they aren't even good enough to fill our the third team on our depth chart? Is Golden saying he needs a first team five star starter at every position three deep on the roster?

95% of the coaches in the country THAT CAN COACH UNLIKE FOLDEN would be f**king giddy just to have Stacey Coley, Herb Waters and six walk ons.

If you don't get it sir so I wont bother explaining....

FIFY

Miami only have 8 receivers most schools have 2 times that amount. If he said it in that way he would be correct.

Dmauri Jones
Greg Golden
Garret Kidd

Brock we are on pace with almost eevery other school in FLorida

Advertisement
So we would need 9 WR's to have a three deep?

3 starting WR positions X 3 players at each spot?

So we are missing one WR?

Is that what he is *****ing about?

Bodies dont = depth

Players at the same position capable of getting the job done are depth.

Guys like Gray Crow arent depth. Just because hes on the 4 deep doesnt mean we are deep at QB.

Those minor sanctions are killing us. I have no idea how USC and OSU survived. Penn State would push our **** in now still

Advertisement
Golden says our deepest unit on paper is not deep at all.....

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

* Asked about what Lawrence Cager did to break the two-deep in a deep receiving corps, Golden responded, "I don't think we're deep. That's one of the spots that when you look at our recruiting right now we need a lot of receivers. We're short there, not where we want to be at receiver. If you have those five scholarships right now, I'd say `One or two more running backs, one or two more receivers, one or two more corners.' In that range. ...

I wonder how the upper class WR's are feeling right now....? Golden is absolutely the worst f**king head coach on the planet.

The excuse machine is kicking in early....when will the nightmare end!

What is he trying to say right here? Are you ***king kidding me? The excuse maching already warmed up

"What's he trying to say here?" Don't tell me that you are really that obtuse. We are playing down on scholarships due to the NCAA sanctions. You guys will cry about anything.

`One or two more running backs, one or two more receivers, one or two more corners.'

If only the school were located in an area that produced stars at those positions by the truckload.

What are you talking about? Philly doesn't have that sort of talent.

would take our 8 over most teams 16 any day. 16 is an inflated number with walkons. we would have the same number if he included those.

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

* Asked about what Lawrence Cager did to break the two-deep in a deep receiving corps, Golden responded, "I don't think we're deep. That's one of the spots that when you look at our recruiting right now we need a lot of receivers. We're short there, not where we want to be at receiver. If you have those five scholarships right now, I'd say `One or two more running backs, one or two more receivers, one or two more corners.' In that range. ...

I wonder how the upper class WR's are feeling right now....? Golden is absolutely the worst f**king head coach on the planet.

What is he trying to say right here? Are you ***king kidding me? The excuse maching already warmed up

"What's he trying to say here?" Don't tell me that you are really that obtuse. We are playing down on scholarships due to the NCAA sanctions. You guys will cry about anything.

You're either dumb or brainwashed on that Al juice. We could count 7 against the 9 last year and 1 the year before. So, if Folden had a clue, he could be at 84 scholarships this year.

Stop allowing yourself to be a stooge for Folden's lies. It's a bad look.

Advertisement
Career Stats + or - a few yards for lazy math.

Stacey Coley 750yds 7tds
Herb Waters 890yds 8tds
Braxton Berrios 232 yds 3tds
Malcom Lewis 425 yds 2tds
Rashawn Scott 550yds 3tds

Darrel Langham 0 everything
Tyre Brady 0 everything
Lawrence Cager 0 everything

[

Maybe if Golden wasn't such a loser, ****ty coach and recruiter we would have Antonio Calloway, Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane and Jonnie Dixon.

Would that be "enough" depth?

Golden was able to sign 1 WR last year because of nothing other than his own ****tiness.

Would upvote this a thousand times if I could.

Scholarship reductions aren't the reason Golden failed to land any of the following over the last two years...

- Calvin Ridley was initially viewed as a heavy UM lean early in the process, but he supposedly hated Golden and ended up signing with Alabama where he'll be a superstar.
- Travis Rudolph was a one-time UM commit before he bolted and ended up at our arch rival
- Ermon Lane also signed with our arch rival
- Johnnie Dixon chose OSU over Miami in a head-to-head battle
- Antonio Callaway chose UF over Miami in a head-to-head battle
- The staff prioritized Da'Vante Phillips, even though everyone knew he'd end up with his boy Cook at FSU. We lost another head-to-head battle with FSU for a premier receiver from our backyard.
- Jovon Durante will be starting at WVU as a true freshman. Whoops.
- Terrell Chatman (not a local recruit) was a longtime UM commit before he delayed his decision on NSD and ended up at Arizona State

All those stud receivers with the possible exception of Durante (grades) were priority targets with very committable offers. Golden failed to land a single one of them. Any depth issues for a coach in Year 5 at a program are entirely created by that coach's inability to land premier talent.

Only on these boards can someone look at numbers and equate that to depth. It's not depth if the players aren't amounting to much. You can blame Ghoulden for mis-evaluating all you want but the fact is that our WRs are a big question mark going into the season...

Scott - didn't play last year
Coley - became virtually invisible after getting nailed against Louisville
Brady - potential is there
Langham - stiff raw kid
Berrios - nice 3rd WR
Waters - perpetual doghouse kid. Don't even know if he can play

and on and on.

It is a shame the last couple years had no decent WRs coming out of local HS for Al to recruit. And that horrific attrition we had; that is fan's fault for being so negative. Thank The Lord Al is honest and comes out and says he just screwed recruiting and handling on to players. Otherwise this might sound like an excuse.

Why is he so concerned with WR? The guy with the most catches last year was a TE. Who's going to fill those shoes. Outside of PD deep, pretty much the rest of our throws to the WR were routine catches any good high school kid can make.

Advertisement
Career Stats + or - a few yards for lazy math.

Stacey Coley 750yds 7tds
Herb Waters 890yds 8tds
Braxton Berrios 232 yds 3tds
Malcom Lewis 425 yds 2tds
Rashawn Scott 550yds 3tds

Darrel Langham 0 everything
Tyre Brady 0 everything
Lawrence Cager 0 everything

[

Maybe if Golden wasn't such a loser, ****ty coach and recruiter we would have Antonio Calloway, Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane and Jonnie Dixon.

Would that be "enough" depth?

Golden was able to sign 1 WR last year because of nothing other than his own ****tiness.

Would upvote this a thousand times if I could.

Scholarship reductions aren't the reason Golden failed to land any of the following over the last two years...

- Calvin Ridley was initially viewed as a heavy UM lean early in the process, but he supposedly hated Golden and ended up signing with Alabama where he'll be a superstar.
- Travis Rudolph was a one-time UM commit before he bolted and ended up at our arch rival
- Ermon Lane also signed with our arch rival
- Johnnie Dixon chose OSU over Miami in a head-to-head battle
- Antonio Callaway chose UF over Miami in a head-to-head battle
- The staff prioritized Da'Vante Phillips, even though everyone knew he'd end up with his boy Cook at FSU. We lost another head-to-head battle with FSU for a premier receiver from our backyard.
- Jovon Durante will be starting at WVU as a true freshman. Whoops.
- Terrell Chatman (not a local recruit) was a longtime UM commit before he delayed his decision on NSD and ended up at Arizona State

All those stud receivers with the possible exception of Durante (grades) were priority targets with very committable offers. Golden failed to land a single one of them. Any depth issues for a coach in Year 5 at a program are entirely created by that coach's inability to land premier talent.

You realize you just named 8 WR's with a combined 800 td's and 4 TD's in reference to a statement regarding this years WR depth right? Outside of Rudolph which one those guys would be playing significantly for us this year?

Stacey Coley
Herb Waters
Braxton Berrios
Malcom Lewis
Rashawn Scott
Darrel Langham
Tyre Brady

This is the kind of **** that should have this idiot fired already. His school is located in the part of the country with the richest abundance of talented HS skill players and yet we are lacking in all of those positions. Get this worthless piece of garbage away from my team.

If Al could choose 5 players to take off of each team on the schedule he still only wins 10 games at max.

It takes a special type of loser like Golden to whiff on RBs and WRs while coaching a school in South Florida. He could run into about 5 of em on his way to Taco Bell every morning.

Advertisement
Back