New uniforms being unveiled April 12th

Anyone expecting the new uniforms to not be a hot wet shart of ugliness and embarrassment hasn't been paying much attention to the people involved in the decision making around the UM football program.

It would be one thing if UM were like Oregon and just said, "Nike, go nuts breh. Just make us look good to the kids we're recruiting and we'll stay out of your way." But UM isn't. They talk about "working closely with our partners at Nike to come up with a design that is cutting edge blah blah blah."

And I don't even need to point out that the people who'll be "working closely" with Nike aren't exactly fashion plates themselves. The septuagenarian who has spent the last 50 years wearing conservatively colored pant suits is in charge? That should work out great. "That's not fair Rep you pessimistic ****, I'm sure Blake James has some input." The guy who wears a polo in the shower is in on it? Awesome. "No, there are a lot of people in on the decision making process!" Oh there's a whole bunch of middle class white people 40+ calling the shots? What could go wrong. If there is anyone who appreciates trends, it's the guy driving a Pontiac Aztec!

The same people approving a design that's supposed to appeal in part to black teenagers were opposed to cooperating with the making of The U, which is the single largest ancillary recruiting positive in UM's history. Why? Because kids they were recruiting would go ******* wild for it? No, because they were scared ****less at the thought of some faceless provost at another school furrowing their brow and shaking their head at how out of control Miami had let "their blacks" get.

Like everything else around UM football, the uniforms won't be designed to make the football team look good, they'll be made to make Shalala, James and Co. look good to their counterparts at other schools. And what's "good" to other schools is a UM that is weak and as least threatening as possible.

Miami intentionally shoots themselves in the foot to impress other schools in the hopes that they'll be accepted. They're the nerdy kid who'll eat bugs to make the popular kids laugh because he thinks they'll be his friends eventually. Except they know what he doesn't: that they'll never accept him no matter how he humiliates himself, but they'll continue to benefit via laughter while he does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i wonder who at Nike designs these uniforms.. some come out looking like an intern did it a night before it was due.

the "smoke" helmets screamed trying to hard.

i hope they don't go crazy with it..

1. keep it simple..
2. keep the tradition (the U on the side of the helmet and on the chest)
3. functionality and comfort over look (don't add extra crap to make it look cool and have the players complain about how it fits weird)
4. lose those clown shoes.. I mean seriously nobody in the design room said.. hey.. whoever wears this is going to look like a bozo on TV....? one color, black would be best!
5. the teams that try the hardest with uniforms end up looking like idiots on TV. You can upgrade just don't go out of your way to look like a clown.

The uniforms will look like trash and have a whole host of stupid features:

-The uniform has written in 2pt. font, every NCAA bylaw written on the jersey, but they can only be seen under a blacklight.
-It has a built in handwarmer for games on the road in December and also a built in backpack so the players can bring their books and study in the huddle. Grad rates? #TRENDINGUP!

Of course it''ll have some retarded hashtag on it to provide crank bait for Yandle and Freet who are all about #BuildingChampions so much that Miami has won approximate **** in the past decade. Who cares if you're getting sodomized by FSU so long as you're expanding your brand in the social media marketplace!

Advertisement
I think you're looking way too hard into this... calm down and smoke some ganja bro.

Anyone expecting the new uniforms to not be a hot wet shart of ugliness and embarrassment hasn't been paying much attention to the people involved in the decision making around the UM football program.

It would be thing if UM were like Oregon and just said, "Nike, go nuts breh. Just make us look good to the kids we're recruiting and we'll stay out of your way." But UM isn't. They talk about "working closely with our partners at Nike to come up with a design that is cutting edge blah blah blah."

And I don't even need to point out that the people who'll be "working closely" with Nike aren't exactly fashion plates themselves. The septuagenarian who has spent the last 50 years wearing conservatively colored pant suits is in charge? That should work out great. "That's not fair Rep you pessimistic ****, I'm sure Blake James has some input." The guy who wears a polo in the shower is in on it? Awesome. "No, there are a lot of people in on the decision making process!" Oh there's a whole bunch of middle class white people 40+ calling the shots? What could go wrong. If there is anyone who appreciates trends, its the guy driving a Pontiac Aztec!

The same people approving a design that's supposed to appeal in part to black teenagers were opposed to cooperating with the making of The U, which is the single largest ancillary recruiting positive in UM's history. Why? Because kids they were recruiting would go ****ing wild for it? No, because they were scared ****less at the thought of some faceless provost at another school furrowing their brow and shaking their head at how out of control Miami had let "their blacks" get.

Like everything else around UM football, the uniforms won't be designed to make the football team look good, they'll be made to make Shalala, James and Co. look good to their counterparts at other schools. And what's "good" to other schools is a UM that is weak and as least threatening as possible.

Miami intentionally shoots themselves in the foot to impress other schools in the hopes that they'll be accepted. They're the nerdy kid who'll eat bugs to make the popular kids laugh because he thinks they'll be his friends eventually. Except they know what he doesn't: that they'll never accept him no matter how he humiliates himself, but they'll continue to benefit via laughter while he does.

I think you're looking way too hard into this... calm down and smoke some ganja bro.

It would be thing if UM were like Oregon and just said, "Nike, go nuts breh. Just make us look good to the kids we're recruiting and we'll stay out of your way." But UM isn't. They talk about "working closely with our partners at Nike to come up with a design that is cutting edge blah blah blah."

And I don't even need to point out that the people who'll be "working closely" with Nike aren't exactly fashion plates themselves. The septuagenarian who has spent the last 50 years wearing conservatively colored pant suits is in charge? That should work out great. "That's not fair Rep you pessimistic ****, I'm sure Blake James has some input." The guy who wears a polo in the shower is in on it? Awesome. "No, there are a lot of people in on the decision making process!" Oh there's a whole bunch of middle class white people 40+ calling the shots? What could go wrong. If there is anyone who appreciates trends, its the guy driving a Pontiac Aztec!

The same people approving a design that's supposed to appeal in part to black teenagers were opposed to cooperating with the making of The U, which is the single largest ancillary recruiting positive in UM's history. Why? Because kids they were recruiting would go ****ing wild for it? No, because they were scared ****less at the thought of some faceless provost at another school furrowing their brow and shaking their head at how out of control Miami had let "their blacks" get.

I notice you didn't say anywhere that I was wrong though.

165.jpg

Miami's new Schutt Vision Helmets and see a video on how the technology will work http://t.co/07h9uvyhuh

Advertisement
If it's not as drastic as Maryland unis then i'll be happy. Black socks and black cleats will have me ecstatic on the real.

If it's not as drastic as Maryland unis then i'll be happy. Black socks and black cleats will have me ecstatic on the real.

Pretty much this. As long as they aren't as ridiculous as Maryland's new unis and they bring back black cleats and socks, then it shouldn't be hard to improve over our current ****** jerseys.

The NCAA won't let us do mirrored visors anymore. It makes it really difficult for a care giver to see the eyes of the player after a head injury. They can only wear the clear ones now.

Advertisement
These things are gonna be hot garbage, we will look like a rip off of USF. An all green uni, all white uni, all orange, combinations of all three and a green, white and orange helmet. AD continues to **** on the legacy thats in place. cookie cutter unis will be the last nail in the coffin.

Jesu Christo. Ray Lewis himself could walk out in this uni at the Spring Game and there would be people here saying this version was garbage. I was President of UM during this era and I sleep with a necktie on so everyone just needs to relax....

166.jpg

Advertisement
People are out of touch with what kids like. Look at all the NBA players with bright flashy socks and bright shoes. half the people on the board would have us wearing those pee wee football looking practice half jerseys to games as long as we wore black cleats.

I'm very anxious to see these new uniforms.

The backlash if they're meh is going to be epic.

Regardless of what they look like, the boards are going to go ape **** with negativity like they do with everything. It's mope city on this board, unfortunately.

Actually, this usually occurs to any team that makes drastic changes to their uniforms. People don't like change. In this case, many times change is for the worse. Unfortunately, our AD and Nike have a history of bleeping up our uniforms. In addition, with the rumors circulating that we will look more like FAMU than Miami doesn't help. It's going to get ugly.

Wait a second! You say people don't like change? The mopes want to fiah da corches and change da schemezzz.

Dude, give it a rest. You're really starting to reach a new level of stupidity. Your inferior complex towards the "mopes" is pathetic.

What are the rumors so far? Orange, Green and White helmets. Gray uniforms. The Green is back. 100,000 different color combinations. That about right? This sucks.

People are out of touch with what kids like. Look at all the NBA players with bright flashy socks and bright shoes. half the people on the board would have us wearing those pee wee football looking practice half jerseys to games as long as we wore black cleats.

Who cares what teenagers like let alone NBA fans? The whole "Oregon effect" is BS. You think Alabamy has flashy uni's and everyone around here seems to worship them.

Advertisement
Back