New uniforms being unveiled April 12th

Advertisement
Jesu Christo. Ray Lewis himself could walk out in this uni at the Spring Game and there would be people here saying this version was garbage. I was President of UM during this era and I sleep with a necktie on so everyone just needs to relax....

166.jpg

You may have been president, but Sam Jankovich had no problem putting you in your place. We have a puppet for an AD now.

I'd be stoked if they brought back a modern version of these unis, but I just don't see it hapnin.

Jesu Christo. Ray Lewis himself could walk out in this uni at the Spring Game and there would be people here saying this version was garbage. I was President of UM during this era and I sleep with a necktie on so everyone just needs to relax....

166.jpg

You may have been president, but Sam Jankovich had no problem putting you in your place. We have a puppet for an AD now.

I'd be stoked if they brought back a modern version of these unis, but I just don't see it hapnin.

MOAR POP WARNER JERSEYS!!!!!!

This is ONE thing that all of us should be excited about, regardless of the current state of the AD/program at large. We've had some sh1tty years in our current uniforms, so a new look can (hopefully) help put those images behind us and move forward into a (again, hopefully) better future.

I'm not saying that once the unis come out that we can't all have our opinions on them, good or bad...I'm just saying that this can be a good reason to leave behind all of the negative BS that plagued us with our current unis, such as:

1) Corch Shannon/OC Pe.Nix/Orange Whipple
2) NCAA Mess aka "The Cloud"
3) Missing/forfeiting bowl/championship games
4) The long walk at Duke ("Joe, Joe, Joe...")
5) Jacory/Morris at QB

...and the list goes on. All I'm saying is--seize this opportunity, as a fan, to clean out the attic a little bit. Put yourself in a better mental place. That's not saying to ignore the issues we have currently (NoDFrio, The Troll, Simple #Dale, Corch Golden, Keholio, Sun Lifeless, scholly reductions, DT play, etc)...but just reboot a little bit. The uniforms have little to no bearing as to what product gets put on the field as far as winning and losing ballgames, other than the possible recruiting implications (which affects some recruits and not others). So...why not at least try to enjoy the anticipation of them?

Embrace some change. It's not going to hurt anything. Think of it as getting a new paint job on a car. It doesn't change how the car runs or what kind of car it is--but it looks better than what you previously had, and gives some enjoyment not only for the different look, but also because it's new/different. You can still bytch about the engine/tires/handling/gas mileage...as those problems won't go away. All I'm saying is, metaphorically: don't complain about the new paint job just because your car still has all of these problems...especially if you end up REALLY LIKING the paint job.

Perception of the unis is always based on winning or losing. To be honest, those 2000 uniforms when they unveiled the clam had everyone fn furious. 2 seasons later they were the goat.

Advertisement
[/QUOTE]

I'd be stoked if they brought back a modern version of these unis, but I just don't see it hapnin.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind giving some examples to solidify your statement.

I think you're looking way too hard into this... calm down and smoke some ganja bro.

Anyone expecting the new uniforms to not be a hot wet shart of ugliness and embarrassment hasn't been paying much attention to the people involved in the decision making around the UM football program.

It would be thing if UM were like Oregon and just said, "Nike, go nuts breh. Just make us look good to the kids we're recruiting and we'll stay out of your way." But UM isn't. They talk about "working closely with our partners at Nike to come up with a design that is cutting edge blah blah blah."

And I don't even need to point out that the people who'll be "working closely" with Nike aren't exactly fashion plates themselves. The septuagenarian who has spent the last 50 years wearing conservatively colored pant suits is in charge? That should work out great. "That's not fair Rep you pessimistic ****, I'm sure Blake James has some input." The guy who wears a polo in the shower is in on it? Awesome. "No, there are a lot of people in on the decision making process!" Oh there's a whole bunch of middle class white people 40+ calling the shots? What could go wrong. If there is anyone who appreciates trends, its the guy driving a Pontiac Aztec!

The same people approving a design that's supposed to appeal in part to black teenagers were opposed to cooperating with the making of The U, which is the single largest ancillary recruiting positive in UM's history. Why? Because kids they were recruiting would go ****ing wild for it? No, because they were scared ****less at the thought of some faceless provost at another school furrowing their brow and shaking their head at how out of control Miami had let "their blacks" get.

Like everything else around UM football, the uniforms won't be designed to make the football team look good, they'll be made to make Shalala, James and Co. look good to their counterparts at other schools. And what's "good" to other schools is a UM that is weak and as least threatening as possible.

Miami intentionally shoots themselves in the foot to impress other schools in the hopes that they'll be accepted. They're the nerdy kid who'll eat bugs to make the popular kids laugh because he thinks they'll be his friends eventually. Except they know what he doesn't: that they'll never accept him no matter how he humiliates himself, but they'll continue to benefit via laughter while he does.

I notice you didn't say anywhere that I was wrong though.

You are wrong. That post was a long-winded, ridiculous rant.

Advertisement
Back