New UM Training Table

The Training table is being added to the Hecht Stanford Dining Hall. It is reserved for athletes for Breakfast and dinner. It is open to other students the rest of the time.

It is NOT YET done!

here's your answer

Advertisement
Wow. Next someone will complain that athletes don't have to wait in line at the bookstore. A little perpective here please. Football players at UM probably get some of the least "special treatment" and perks of any major program in the country. Kids don't really come here looking to be gods on campus or to get all the bells and whistles of most other places so now some of us are going to be jealous that they've been tossed a few bones recently that still aren't even on par with a ton of other schools? C'mon.

Last edited:
So "Training Table" refers to a collection of tables in which athletes/football players have exclusive access to eat meals? Well I learned something new today.

Advertisement
As a student, whose parents paid full tuition, at UM, it used to irk me off that the "student-athletes" had their own private dining hall....and the reality was that it was really only for the football team. Of course, this was 20 year ago, but it looks like some things haven't changed.

So you're saying entitled, spoiled, rich kids like yourself should have a private chow hall too?

Wow.... how do you walk around with such a heavy chip on your shoulder??? Entitled and spoiled don't automatically coincide with wealth. It's too bad that you lump these together.
Eh, they usually do.

that's not strictly for student athletes, that's the Stanford-Hecht dining hall. Eating there right now

So just to clarify, this pic is not of the new training table?? This is another dining hall??

The training table is still being built, or whats going on??

I have no idea what's going on with the training table. That area pictured is part of the Stanford-Hecht dining hall where I eat at everyday

except this picture was accompanied by this tweet, so 1 would assume that it's the new training table that they've been referring to:

Jesse Marks @Jessehmarks · 3h

First Look: Amazing New dining hall for @MiamiHurricanes student-athletes! http://Umvictoryfund.com #buildingchampions

l u i s mdo ‏@luisXIII511 2m

@Jessehmarks @MiamiHurricanes wait is this the new training table? bc it looks like the Stanford-Hecht dining hall?

Jesse Marks ‏@Jessehmarks

@luisXIII511 @MiamiHurricanes new space inside Hecht dining all for athletics training table

I go to school at UM. A lot of football players eat there but so do a lot of freshman students. That place isn't exclusive to them.

the training table or whatever is probably somewhere there but I didn't see it. On the other side of that wall there is 3 stations where everyone gets their food and more places to eat

Hey Kyle, random question but didn't you mention something in the fitness thread about wanting to walk on to the basketball team? Any progress?

The football team generates an insane amount of income which dwarfs 100k tuition in concessions on gameday
As a student, whose parents paid full tuition, at UM, it used to irk me off that the "student-athletes" had their own private dining hall....and the reality was that it was really only for the football team. Of course, this was 20 year ago, but it looks like some things haven't changed.

Advertisement
Guys i understand the comment he made was stupid but to react as negatively as u guys have to such an insignificant comment might be even more stupid than the original comment itself

So just to clarify, this pic is not of the new training table?? This is another dining hall??

I have no idea what's going on with the training table. That area pictured is part of the Stanford-Hecht dining hall where I eat at everyday

except this picture was accompanied by this tweet, so 1 would assume that it's the new training table that they've been referring to:

First Look: Amazing New dining hall for @MiamiHurricanes student-athletes! http://Umvictoryfund.com #buildingchampions

@Jessehmarks @MiamiHurricanes wait is this the new training table? bc it looks like the Stanford-Hecht dining hall?

@luisXIII511 @MiamiHurricanes new space inside Hecht dining all for athletics training table

I go to school at UM. A lot of football players eat there but so do a lot of freshman students. That place isn't exclusive to them.

the training table or whatever is probably somewhere there but I didn't see it. On the other side of that wall there is 3 stations where everyone gets their food and more places to eat

Hey Kyle, random question but didn't you mention something in the fitness thread about wanting to walk on to the basketball team? Any progress?

Kyle is right. The training table is being added to the Hecht Stanford Dining Hall but it is not yet done. They are saying a couple of more weeks.

The Training table will be reserved for student athletes for breakfast and dinner. The rest of the time it will be open to the rest of the students.

As someone who didn't attend the University of Miami but loves the football program, Im very proud of this thread and it's responses

Like I've said before,"Just gimme a school that wont embarrass my football program"

Good job boys bringing the proper perspective on things

Guys i understand the comment he made was stupid but to react as negatively as u guys have to such an insignificant comment might be even more stupid than the original comment itself

Not a big deal what the OP said. It just touches a nerve with some people though that view the program as being habitually neglected (relatively speaking to other major programs) over the years and then to have people complain when minor improvements are made. The comments about football revenues only being substantial enough to support football and some other sports is beyond annoying too. There is sooooo much revenue and worth that isn't even able to be quantified accurately by the direct correlation of a successful athletic program to the schools reputation, general licensing revenues, increase in overall freshman applicant pool size and quality, etc. Dahhhhhna is a fundraiser first and foremost so even she knows the cost-benefit of us being good again- hence the recent improvements.

Advertisement
It's annoying because he doesn't understand the value that the football team brings to the university as a whole! And if he thinks that special treatment he needs to go to school in the SEC. Students like him also the reason why people neglect Miami's Fanbase in recruiting sometimes because seemingly nobody actually supports the football team on campus. When I was there outside of the few people in the sports administration program and other programs that were connected to sports like communications very few students actually lived and died with the football team.

sorry, just saw this. I was going to walk on but before my senior season I had an MRI and I had torn labrums in both of my shoulders. I played through the season and got surgery on one of my shooting shoulder. Still about 60% recovered and tryouts are in two weeks. I can play basketball pickup but I can't even extend my arm above my ear.

I would need to get healthy before I can

the training table is finished and if I read my email right that section called the caneszone is only closed to the student athletes for dinner. I've heard a lot of students complaining about it. I will never be one of those students knowing how hard they work and how much $$$ they make for the university.

Advertisement
Have you guys seen the Oregon player facilities and player lounge? It looks like it's 2025 in that place. While were still in 2010

Have you guys seen the Oregon player facilities and player lounge? It looks like it's 2025 in that place. While were still in 2010

dorito is using a 2085 defensive scheme...mark my words, this guy is revolutionizing offenses

the training table is finished and if I read my email right that section called the caneszone is only closed to the student athletes for dinner. I've heard a lot of students complaining about it. I will never be one of those students knowing how hard they work and how much $$$ they make for the university.

I would tell you to go smack them, but I don't want you to get kicked out for a semester.

Donna figured it out in her last 4-5 years how important this football team is to the success of the University don't none of y'all be fooled every time a coach or somebody is asked about her there exact words are I can't speak on before but since I've been here!!!

Advertisement
Back