New UM Training Table

564.jpg

that's not strictly for student athletes, that's the Stanford-Hecht dining hall. Eating there right now

So just to clarify, this pic is not of the new training table?? This is another dining hall??

The training table is still being built, or whats going on??

Advertisement
As a student, whose parents paid full tuition, at UM, it used to irk me off that the "student-athletes" had their own private dining hall....and the reality was that it was really only for the football team. Of course, this was 20 year ago, but it looks like some things haven't changed.

What is your point? Did you parents pay for your food too? That makes you even with the players; both got free ride and food too. If YOU paid your tuition, maybe you have a complaint. If training table makes these players as good as the players 20 years ago, then all is fine -- and I paid my own way through THE U and bought my own food.

that's not strictly for student athletes, that's the Stanford-Hecht dining hall. Eating there right now

So just to clarify, this pic is not of the new training table?? This is another dining hall??

I have no idea what's going on with the training table. That area pictured is part of the Stanford-Hecht dining hall where I eat at everyday

I have no idea what's going on with the training table. That area pictured is part of the Stanford-Hecht dining hall where I eat at everyday

Thank u for clarifying.

So everybody complaining about jazzing up the place, calm your mammaries.

**THAT IS NOT THE NEW TRAINING TABLE**

Advertisement
This is what all the hype is about?

Hoover's lunch room ***** all over this bull****. SEC schools are ******* laughing histarically right now.

As a student, whose parents paid full tuition, at UM, it used to irk me off that the "student-athletes" had their own private dining hall....and the reality was that it was really only for the football team. Of course, this was 20 year ago, but it looks like some things haven't changed.

I'd like to know more about this perspective.

I went to UM. Perhaps it's because I'm far too obsessed with football/sports, but I see it as completely fair. I think they net more for the University than the average student whose parents are paying tuition. A private dining hall doesn't even make it even. It's a minor perk that is really just an investment to get the athletes to perform better on behalf of the University.

They should get these guys hookers, boat rides, miso soup and free drinks at Clubs. That'll surely make them play better.

567.jpg

I was a college student. Not at UM, but at a place where the athletes ate/lived better. Frankly, I wasn't too interested in waking up at 5am to make morning practice or perform elite physical activities in the middle of 100+ degree heat later that afternoon, so I kept my mouth shut about them eating a little bit better than me. I find that perspective to be insane, really.

This. It's kind of mind boggling someone can have this mentality especially if they consider themselves a follower of the program. The notion that football players at a high D1A school and a kid paying the regular tuition should be on equal footing is mind numbingly myopic. Unreal, actually. Then to make the leap of going from athlete dorms to paying players? Jeez.

The demands of the athlete at a big time college football program vs the demand on a regular student are night and day.

Advertisement

except this picture was accompanied by this tweet, so 1 would assume that it's the new training table that they've been referring to:

Jesse Marks @Jessehmarks · 3h

First Look: Amazing New dining hall for @MiamiHurricanes student-athletes! http://Umvictoryfund.com #buildingchampions

l u i s mdo ‏@luisXIII511 2m

@Jessehmarks @MiamiHurricanes wait is this the new training table? bc it looks like the Stanford-Hecht dining hall?

Jesse Marks ‏@Jessehmarks

@luisXIII511 @MiamiHurricanes new space inside Hecht dining all for athletics training table

Last edited:
I have to agree with a previous poster. There is a direct correlation between the rise of the football program and the growth of the university. Pre-1980's UM was not considered a top echelon university recognized nationally for its educational prowess. It was mostly know as Sun-Tan U. It used to look more like an over grown High School than a major educational institution As the football team became a national power it brought much greater marketability and a higher profile to the school and enhanced its fund raising abilities exponentially.However, I believe many of the school administrators and those on the BOT don't quite understand this correlation since this would require them to depart from their Marxist leanings. The football program became the schools cash cow and the students currently and previously owe the prestige of a UM diploma to Hurricane football.

except this picture was accompanied by this tweet, so 1 would assume that it's the new training table that they've been referring to:

Jesse Marks @Jessehmarks · 3h

First Look: Amazing New dining hall for @MiamiHurricanes student-athletes! http://Umvictoryfund.com #buildingchampions

l u i s mdo ‏@luisXIII511 2m

@Jessehmarks @MiamiHurricanes wait is this the new training table? bc it looks like the Stanford-Hecht dining hall?

Jesse Marks ‏@Jessehmarks

@luisXIII511 @MiamiHurricanes new space inside Hecht dining all for athletics training table

I go to school at UM. A lot of football players eat there but so do a lot of freshman students. That place isn't exclusive to them.

the training table or whatever is probably somewhere there but I didn't see it. On the other side of that wall there is 3 stations where everyone gets their food and more places to eat

So one of Golden's main excuses in the media as to why we haven't been good, is nothing more than a ****** cafeteria?

Advertisement
The Training table is being added to the Hecht Stanford Dining Hall. It is reserved for athletes for Breakfast and dinner. It is open to other students the rest of the time.

It is NOT YET done!

Advertisement

I totally get your point...But these football players are actually the ones bringing the University money.

Really, because every media appearance he's made includes "fighting from the cloud" and coming to Miami and inheriting bad facilities. "Ya know, Joe, we didn't have a training table when we got here. We have one now."

Look out, guys, TABLES ARE HERE! No more 500 yard games because WE GOT TABLES!!!!

Pulled this from J Marks twitter page. Upper left hand corner is what the new training table is suppose to look like when it is fully completed...

23.jpg:large

Advertisement
Back