New Stadium?

Since a lot of users seem to think UM has a ton of money, why doesn't UM just buy the lot and build the stadium for themselves? We already know that Beckham wants a 20,000 seat stadium and UM wants at least 40,000. This means UM is already paying for 20,000 seats in the stadium. Is this stadium going to look like a college football stadium or a soccer stadium? Basically Beckham wants to build a Texas high school football stadium and UM wants a college stadium. The extra cost has to triple the overall cost of the stadium,

A key point to remember is that the ACC has a mandate of X number of luxury skyboxes for ACC football stadiums. The tobacco road elites hate having to hobnob with the proletariat. I have to think that puts certain constraints on a tiny stadium deal.

Wake Forest has 22 total luxury boxes in their stadium that has less than 32,000 seats. I think a Miami stadium would be just fine.

Advertisement
Looks like Donna is blowing smoke up our collective A$$es again:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2015/05/06/san-antonio-s-mls-window-of-opportunity-could.html

Bottom Line: MLS said we aren't MLB stepchildren and you can keep your Little Havana spot...We can get our bread buttered in San Antonio.

Is it June 1st already?? I mean we already know she (literally) knee deep in Clinton "donation" receipts she is shredding along with contracting a smelter to take care of the Hard Drives...Maybe she can put in a good word to the Feds on Shapiro's behalf and bring him on as a director...

View attachment 30353

San Antonio has and always will be a dump of a city and a bargaining tool used by teams looking to relocate and groups trying to gain an expansion franchise in another city. I'm not holding my breath on this happening here but it won't be because of San Antonio being a more attractive locale. MLS can puff its chest all it wants but it is still getting bumped by lacrosse on ESPN and will do whatever Beckham wants.

I live in San Antonio. It's a ****hole. No one here gives a **** about sports. They're too interested in ****ty neck tattoos. I really enjoy soccer and have never entertained a scorpions game because I'd prefer to not die in a cartel turf shoot out. Can confirm.

I actually thought the Raiders could have made a seamless transition to your fair city.

622x350.jpg

Looks like Donna is blowing smoke up our collective A$$es again:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2015/05/06/san-antonio-s-mls-window-of-opportunity-could.html

Bottom Line: MLS said we aren't MLB stepchildren and you can keep your Little Havana spot...We can get our bread buttered in San Antonio.

Is it June 1st already?? I mean we already know she (literally) knee deep in Clinton "donation" receipts she is shredding along with contracting a smelter to take care of the Hard Drives...Maybe she can put in a good word to the Feds on Shapiro's behalf and bring him on as a director...

View attachment 30353

San Antonio has and always will be a dump of a city and a bargaining tool used by teams looking to relocate and groups trying to gain an expansion franchise in another city. I'm not holding my breath on this happening here but it won't be because of San Antonio being a more attractive locale. MLS can puff its chest all it wants but it is still getting bumped by lacrosse on ESPN and will do whatever Beckham wants.

I live in San Antonio. It's a ****hole. No one here gives a **** about sports. They're too interested in ****ty neck tattoos. I really enjoy soccer and have never entertained a scorpions game because I'd prefer to not die in a cartel turf shoot out. Can confirm.

I actually thought the Raiders could have made a seamless transition to your fair city.

View attachment 30462

Don't credit me with this poophole.

In 10 months I'll be in San Diego, hating on the chargers and resenting the ridiculous housing market.

San Antonio will never have another team. Even the spurs are a prominent gang affiliation, their signia identifies the Mexican mafia.

Since a lot of users seem to think UM has a ton of money, why doesn't UM just buy the lot and build the stadium for themselves? We already know that Beckham wants a 20,000 seat stadium and UM wants at least 40,000. This means UM is already paying for 20,000 seats in the stadium. Is this stadium going to look like a college football stadium or a soccer stadium? Basically Beckham wants to build a Texas high school football stadium and UM wants a college stadium. The extra cost has to triple the overall cost of the stadium,

A key point to remember is that the ACC has a mandate of X number of luxury skyboxes for ACC football stadiums. The tobacco road elites hate having to hobnob with the proletariat. I have to think that puts certain constraints on a tiny stadium deal.

Wake Forest has 22 total luxury boxes in their stadium that has less than 32,000 seats. I think a Miami stadium would be just fine.

That sounds like the exact kind of stadium donna and her ilk want to build. They will price out the local market fans. 32K is a tragedy for UM football. Unless of course, you WANT UM to become Wake Forrest football.

Honestly if it is less than 45000 seats then we shouldn't do it at all with beckham. If they know they are going to have to help pay then they should consider buying their own stadium just for Miami. Please don't let them ***** us over again....

Advertisement
Greg Cote questions a 40k seat stadium in the Herald today. Don't do something just to do it....make sure it's the right thing if they're going to make a move.

Honestly if it is less than 45000 seats then we shouldn't do it at all with beckham. If they know they are going to have to help pay then they should consider buying their own stadium just for Miami. Please don't let them ***** us over again....

They wouldn't bring that many fans as there wouldn't be available tickets. :peaceful:

Show me a 45-50k seat stadium in Miami with the lower bowl being 20ft from the field, and I'll show you the loudest and most intimidating place to play in America.

If you build it, they will come.

Even when FSU or uf or ohio state bring 15 - 20K fans?

So ... The politicians have done what they said they would do. Push this towards Marlins Stadium. The MLS said they would't consider anything that wasn't in the city. The politicians haven't blinked. Will the MLS?

It's a ****ty site now. It's laughable that this is an option. 2nd fiddle to a franchise that is being run like a 2nd fiddle.

This is just smoke and mirrors. Donna acting like she gives a ****, but that ship has sailed.

MLS is down to three sites: the old orange bowl, a site by the airport, and a site in overtown. There are no oceanfront downtown sites being considered anymore. Of those three sites, the orange bowl location is the best.

Sun Life is too big for a school as small as UM, and it's too far away from campus. The old orange bowl site is perfect and besides that, we have history there.

Please explain how the Orange Bowl location is the best option.

Could you also show me where the MLS has stated that they will expand to Miami no matter where the site is and that they are down to the three sites you list.

Advertisement
Back