New Stadium?

This is a classic save my legacy by talking big before I leave case. She gave zero ***** about the program or the stadium during her 14 year tenure. Now all of the sudden, she wants to resolve the stadium issue. All shes really doing is trying to shift the blame onto the next president. In five years when people ask, why don't we have a stadium, people like CaneInHeelCountry will point to her comments in that article and say she tried, its the new president that doesn't care.

Don't be fooled.

We've known that UM has been pursuing the Beckham option for more than a year now. Whether or not it goes through is another matter, and one that no one here has the answers to. But it's clear that she's been trying to get UM out of Sun Life for at least that long.

Before that, up until it was shot down in 2007, she tried to broker a deal with the city to save the OB.

Stupid to say that she "gave zero *****" about the stadium for 14 years, given those facts. But those facts don't fit the narrative of the pitchfork-wielding mob.

This is either Don Bailey Jr himself or Donna Shalala's ******* hobbit girlfriend

That's the thing about nitwits like you...when you can't actually step to a debate with facts, you resort to insults and slander. It's common on this board.

Come at me with facts that dispute anything I've said and I'll be game to talk.

Did we not know that UM was trying to hitch its wagon to Beckham over a year ago? Here's an article from March of last year, to refresh your memory.

Did the city not renege on the deal originally struck by Donna? Here's a link from May 2007 that supports my side.

Your turn, chump. Show me where I'm wrong.

Come at you with facts? Is this dude retarded?

You said, earlier in this thread, that Golden was "winning". How the **** can you type that or even attempt to defend the worst coach in the history of the program. How the **** do you explain a 7 loss season where so many players were drafted and the schedule was so ******. All of this in his FOURTH FULL YEAR.

That's the thing about *** kissing Don Bailey Jr disciples like you...you avoid the HEART OF THE MATTER...and you deflect, ignore, change the subject, focus on things that don't matter, and in general come up with every excuse under the sun.

You're basically wrong about life. I'm pretty sure this is OCF from Grassy by the way...same ridiculous posting style. Over the top contrarian defense of an administration and coaching staff that anyone with half a brain understands is destroying this program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a classic save my legacy by talking big before I leave case. She gave zero ***** about the program or the stadium during her 14 year tenure. Now all of the sudden, she wants to resolve the stadium issue. All shes really doing is trying to shift the blame onto the next president. In five years when people ask, why don't we have a stadium, people like CaneInHeelCountry will point to her comments in that article and say she tried, its the new president that doesn't care.

Don't be fooled.

We've known that UM has been pursuing the Beckham option for more than a year now. Whether or not it goes through is another matter, and one that no one here has the answers to. But it's clear that she's been trying to get UM out of Sun Life for at least that long.

Before that, up until it was shot down in 2007, she tried to broker a deal with the city to save the OB.

Stupid to say that she "gave zero *****" about the stadium for 14 years, given those facts. But those facts don't fit the narrative of the pitchfork-wielding mob.

This is either Don Bailey Jr himself or Donna Shalala's ******* hobbit girlfriend

That's the thing about nitwits like you...when you can't actually step to a debate with facts, you resort to insults and slander. It's common on this board.

Did we not know that UM was trying to hitch its wagon to Beckham over a year ago? Here's an article from March of last year, to refresh your memory.

Did the city not renege on the deal originally struck by Donna? Here's a link from May 2007 that supports my side.

You said, earlier in this thread, that Golden was "winning". How the **** can you type that or even attempt to defend the worst coach in the history of the program. How the **** do you explain a 7 loss season where so many players were drafted and the schedule was so ******. All of this in his FOURTH FULL YEAR.

That's the thing about *** kissing Don Bailey Jr disciples like you...you avoid the HEART OF THE MATTER...and you deflect, ignore, change the subject, focus on things that don't matter, and in general come up with every excuse under the sun.

You're basically wrong about life. I'm pretty sure this is OCF from Grassy by the way...same ridiculous posting style. Over the top contrarian defense of an administration and coaching staff that anyone with half a brain understands is destroying this program.

What the **** are you talking about???

Nowhere did I say that Golden was "winning" anything. Nowhere did I defend Golden. ****'s sake. if you're gonna lie, do a better job than that, chump.

Like I said...when you have no facts, just lie and slander That's your MO. You don't have the balls to engage in an actual debate.

The Miami Hurricanes in a college football friendly environment of 45 to 50 k seats, the ocean and the Miami skyline within view would be transformational. I dont care what anyone says, our crappy home field is directly effecting recruiting, negatively. It aint helping The Dolphins either.

Nowhere did I say that Golden was "winning" anything. Nowhere did I defend Golden. ****'s sake. if you're gonna lie, do a better job than that, chump.

Like I said...when you have no facts, just lie and slander That's your MO. You don't have the balls to engage in an actual debate.

LMFAO

Hellooooo Don Bailey/ Joe Z

So not wanting to be a tenant, partnership or truly building our own stadium like you guys have said. Building our own is ideal but where would we build, city isn't going to let us build on campus if they have a say and if they did we would have to move buildings around and add parking decks to accommodate which would add to the cost. Tropical Park, Miami International Links sells out?? Huge barriers going at it alone but I guess anything is possible.

But if we go with Beckham how are we going to deal with the field issues like we have now? Removable seats? But then that would effect the soccer views correct so why would our partner want that? Smaller, intimate stadium but then we are likely dealing with similar viewing issues?

If they stay in Dolphin Stadium they need to keep the upper end-zone for big games only. No ticket sales for the upper end-zone until the lower bowl and open upper are sold out, that way they can fully drape it off and force fans to be closer like in this picture (maybe even tarp the sections under the jumbo trons like we did before as well):

sun-life-university-of-miami.jpg

Advertisement

Stupid to say that she "gave zero ****s" about the stadium for 14 years, given those facts. But those facts don't fit the narrative of the pitchfork-wielding mob.

You said, earlier in this thread, that Golden was "winning". How the **** can you type that or even attempt to defend the worst coach in the history of the program. How the **** do you explain a 7 loss season where so many players were drafted and the schedule was so ****ty. All of this in his FOURTH FULL YEAR.

Actually, your links are not proof either. There is no way to really know the inner goings on of these things. If we limit ourselves to the facts, they are simple.

Donna has been in control since 2001.

During that time we lost the OB and she FAILED to stop it.

During that time our football program has gone down the tubes and she has FAILED to stop it.

During that time she oversaw the biggest ncaa scandal in history and provided photographic evidence on her personal involvement.

Maybe she is not the reason the OB was loss or the program destroyed, but she FAILED to stop either. She was in charge and therefore must take the blame for her failures. USC saved their stadium; Donna failed. She was given the keyes to the Rolls Royce of college football and during her tenure it turned it into a Yugo. She is the captain and must take the blame.

You said, earlier in this thread, that Golden was "winning". How the **** can you type that or even attempt to defend the worst coach in the history of the program. How the **** do you explain a 7 loss season where so many players were drafted and the schedule was so ****ty. All of this in his FOURTH FULL YEAR.

Actually, your links are not proof either. There is no way to really know the inner goings on of these things. If we limit ourselves to the facts, they are simple.

Donna has been in control since 2001.

During that time we lost the OB and she FAILED to stop it.

During that time our football program has gone down the tubes and she has FAILED to stop it.

During that time she oversaw the biggest ncaa scandal in history and provided photographic evidence on her personal involvement.

Maybe she is not the reason the OB was loss or the program destroyed, but she FAILED to stop either. She was in charge and therefore must take the blame for her failures. USC saved their stadium; Donna failed. She was given the keyes to the Rolls Royce of college football and during her tenure it turned it into a Yugo. She is the captain and must take the blame.

My links certainly prove two things:

A) UM and Shalala have been considering the Beckham stadium deal since at least March of last year.

B) In may of 2007, The city officials altered the deal with UM and made it much less financially feasible for UM to remain in the OB.

Serious question--what do you think Shalala could or should have done to stop the loss of the OB? Everyone knows that the city officials wanted UM out; what power did Shalala have in that scenario? If you can present a scenario in which she could have prevented the OB from being torn down, be my guest. Otherwise, you're holding her accountable for a situation she had no control over.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the need for a new stadium with renovations being made to Son Life.

Lulz at Donna saying this now on her way out the door. Funny how that was never a priority when, you know, she was raising billions and hobnobbing around. Like everything else, she wanted someone to do all the work while she could sit back and take credit.

The time to seek public opinion and get the ball rolling was when the team was at it's peak. You don't seek this kind of project when the football team is irrelevant.

Thanks, Donna

Advertisement
Lulz at Donna saying this now on her way out the door. Funny how that was never a priority when, you know, she was raising billions and hobnobbing around. Like everything else, she wanted someone to do all the work while she could sit back and take credit.

The time to seek public opinion and get the ball rolling was when the team was at it's peak. You don't seek this kind of project when the football team is irrelevant.

Thanks, Donna

Said it already in a ton of posts in this thread: if you look at the timeline, it ain't like Donna's been slacking on a potential stadium deal.

Back in 2007, she was driving a deal with the city to renovate the OB. The city backed out. Shalala went with the only immediately viable option, which was SunLife.

A few years go by. Late 2013, Beckham announces he wants MLS in Miami and is scouting stadium locations. By early 2014, it's in all the papers that UM is looking into a deal with Becham. Shalala and Blake are seen at Beckham press ops, etc.

So it's totally BS to act like she's never made a stadium a priority until just now.

Thanks, Donna

Said it already in a ton of posts in this thread: if you look at the timeline, it ain't like Donna's been slacking on a potential stadium deal.

Back in 2007, she was driving a deal with the city to renovate the OB. The city backed out. Shalala went with the only immediately viable option, which was SunLife.

A few years go by. Late 2013, Beckham announces he wants MLS in Miami and is scouting stadium locations. By early 2014, it's in all the papers that UM is looking into a deal with Becham. Shalala and Blake are seen at Beckham press ops, etc.

So it's totally BS to act like she's never made a stadium a priority until just now.

Shalala never wanted to stay in the OB. She jumped at the chance to get a luxury suite at Dolphin stadium to wine and dine her elitist buddies. All the other stuff was smoke and mirrors designed to throw the fans a fake bone.

As for the Beckham deal, again she sat back while OTHERS did the work. Beckham peeps called UM to see if they were interested, not the other way around. Not only that, Richard Fain himself helped squash the ideal waterfront location. Can you say conflict of interest? I can. It's called business as usual in Coral Gables.

Geez. Some folks still think she cared about anything other than herself and the med campus.

Once again, Brother VinnDogg is on-point.

This is a hail mary for donna's legacy at UM. She knows that the loss of the OB WILL be a stain on her legacy at UM.

Thanks, Donna

Shalala never wanted to stay in the OB. She jumped at the chance to get a luxury suite at Dolphin stadium to wine and dine her elitist buddies. All the other stuff was smoke and mirrors designed to throw the fans a fake bone.

As for the Beckham deal, again she sat back while OTHERS did the work. Beckham peeps called UM to see if they were interested, not the other way around. Not only that, Richard Fain himself helped squash the ideal waterfront location. Can you say conflict of interest? I can. It's called business as usual in Coral Gables.

Geez. Some folks still think she cared about anything other than herself and the med campus.

Ah, right Vinn. She never wanted to agree to spend 50 mil on renovating the OB...she was forced into it. And then when the city reneged and made it fiscally impossible for UM to stay, over and above the 50 mil, she was so excited that she tapdanced on Sean Taylor's grave on her way to sign the lease at Dolphin Stadium.

And she was so reluctant to get involved with Beckham that she never returned his calls and made him come personally to beg for her blessing.

Seriously, you guys are soo whacked out it's amazing.

Advertisement

Thanks, Donna

Ah, right Vinn. She never wanted to agree to spend 50 mil on renovating the OB...she was forced into it. And then when the city reneged and made it fiscally impossible for UM to stay, over and above the 50 mil, she was so excited that she tapdanced on Sean Taylor's grave on her way to sign the lease at Dolphin Stadium.

And she was so reluctant to get involved with Beckham that she never returned his calls and made him come personally to beg for her blessing.

If Donna Shalala personally told you she didn't give a **** to keep the Orange bowl you would argue with her. I don't give a **** what someone says it's what they do. Her track record on athletics is crystal clear. She hired lackey ADs, lackey coaches and sat on her hands in terms of the stadium issue. Funny how Beckham can get the ball rolling for a stadium in south Florida but we couldn't do a single thing. And as Vinn said, when Beckham came to town he had to reach out cause we didn't.

Dont post links on what she said, show me what she did. Good luck finding any positive info on that.

They need to get a feel for what the renovated SL is like (with reduced seating and a roof). Before trying to push through, in a hurry, a joint stadium. One thing is universal with joint use stadiums.. its not good for either sport as there are compromises for both. And if this is largely funded with MLS money then I can assure you that football will be make 90% of the concessions. It wont be a good fit.

Thanks, Donna

If Donna Shalala personally told you she didn't give a **** to keep the Orange bowl you would argue with her. I don't give a **** what someone says it's what they do. Her track record on athletics is crystal clear. She hired lackey ADs, lackey coaches and sat on her hands in terms of the stadium issue. Funny how Beckham can get the ball rolling for a stadium in south Florida but we couldn't do a single thing. And as Vinn said, when Beckham came to town he had to reach out cause we didn't.

Dont post links on what she said, show me what she did. Good luck finding any positive info on that.

And if Donna Shalala personally told you she sucked the **** of every single Miami city official to try to get us a better deal to remain in the OB, you'd argue that it wasn;t enough.

We have links showing precisely what was done. We have links showing that the city screwed UM out of a deal. Of course, you want to hold Shalala personally responsible for that, while I think it was pretty well out of her hands.

We have links showing that UM has been in talks with Beckham since last March. Pretty hard for her to make a deal happen when Beckham isn't even sure he's staying in Miami. But of course you want to hold her personally responsible for that too.

Advertisement

Thanks, Donna

her University of Miami hospital just received an F rating.

Thanks, Donna

her University of Miami hospital just received an F rating.

By whom? Gotta link?

Once again, Brother VinnDogg is on-point.

This is a hail mary for donna's legacy at UM. She knows that the loss of the OB WILL be a stain on her legacy at UM.

Except that VinnDogg's "point" involved complete revisionist history. She tried keeping the OB, but anyone who knows anything about the situation, or is capable of reading, knows that the city had no intentions of working with UM and coming up with a feasible deal.

Fact: SunLife Renovations have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do w/ the Canes. Ross is making this stadium more attractive for HIS Dolphins, and other money making ventures like concerts, bowl games, super bowls, etc.

Fact: University of Miami contributed absolutely nothing in this renovation process.

With all of the renovations that are being done at Sun-Life Stadium, it still has not move closer to campus, and it's still too big for our fan base.
Whatever we need to do to partner with David, we should. Getting a 40-45k stadium is ideal and that should be suitable for the soceer fans as well. We can make a deal with Ross that all of our marquee home games will still be housed at Sun-Life stadium. That should lessen the blow of whatever buy-out it may be. But it's time to move on....it's time to have a true homefield advantage again.

Advertisement
Back