New Stadium To Call Home?

Advertisement
What's not happening? That the U is doomed to play at JRS for ever and ever. Well I wouldn't be so sure about that... there may be a surprising deal in the future that maybe just maybe will pan out. Hey as redheaded stepchildren at JRS it couldn't be worse. I wouldn't call it a fantasy my friend... it's more of a dream... but I'm fully aware that our Broward contingent would call it a nightmare. Oh well... Go Canes!

Here’s my thoughts about The Broward contingents saying it would be a bad move to be closer to campus....was it a problem at the OB?

Also, like u said, we are the red headed step children at The Rock. I would like to call a place our true home, even if we’re partners with another entity. With all that being said, however, I just don’t see any motivating factor that this happens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The nightmare of a traffic jam that a game in that area would create in a stadium over 50k would be unbearable. One of the things that gets overlooked about the old ob site is the increase in traffic since it was torn down. If they were to build a 65 k stadium anywhere around the airport or marlins park it would be a freak show on game day down there.
Marlins park only sits 36 k

How’s traffic for Marlins games or Heats games, nowadays?

Advertisement
North of the stadium, why?
Well it's simple... if I lived north of JRS I would not be lobbying for a stadium closer to campus. I on the other hand live three miles due west of the CG campus. I hear a lot of support here for us playing at JRS that for the most part comes from people who live north. It is what it is my friend, everyone has some type of bias with this issue.

Advertisement
How’s traffic for Marlins games or Heats games, nowadays?
Marlins games is no problem whatsoever. Worst thing is to park in the multilevel parking if you want to leave quickly... I won't do that shiit again.
The AAA is a breeze if you ride the Metrorail. I remember the OB when we would play FSU and other big games where attendance was 70K+... it wasn't any worse than JRS traffic.

....Well I wouldn't be so sure about that... there may be a surprising deal in the future that maybe just maybe will pan out.
Not trying to call you out or anything, but I want to hear the details, please share.

Advertisement
Not trying to call you out or anything, but I want to hear the details, please share.
You're not trying to do what... come on sport.
There are no details on my desk... even under the stack of papers. But let me ask you something... do you think that there is absolutely no way in **** that some day some kind of circumstance couldn't arise where the U could possibly consider playing closer to home (CG).
Oh and let me ask you something else... are you a Fins fan and do you attend Fins games?

I'd be very interested to know what the demographic breakdown is of fans who attend our games (what % are from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, elsewhere in FL, out of state, etc). I also think that as Broward has become much more of a major player in high school football and producing P5 talent over the last 20 years or so, it can't hurt us to have a major presence there.

This is never going to be an easy answer because there's not going to be an on-campus stadium and some segment of the fanbase is going to bytch and complain regardless of where we play. But one thing I don't think any of us can disagree about is that, location aside, we unequivocally will not play in a nicer stadium with nicer amenities and all the trimmings outside of Hard Rock Stadium. And when we are winning and the stadium is packed, I can't think of a better realistic option.

EDIT: I know the stadium is not in Broward, but it's practically on the border of Dade and Broward and very convenient for Broward and Palm Beach folks to get to.

Last edited:
You're not trying to do what... come on sport.
There are no details on my desk... even under the stack of papers. But let me ask you something... do you think that there is absolutely no way in **** that some day some kind of circumstance couldn't arise where the U could possibly consider playing closer to home (CG).
Oh and let me ask you something else... are you a Fins fan and do you attend Fins games?
Well, since you put it that way, even pigs WILL fly someday. It is inevitable. However, I don’t see it happening in the near future. Unless, of course (one example), IF the Marlins become an unwanted weed in our backyard, IF their baseball park goes the way of the old Miami Heat center, IF we get influential Miami alumni in the ***** of Miami government who decide to allow to pair the U with the site...a lot of IFS, then that is possible.

I left Miami a long time ago, I’m in the Pacific Northwest. I am a Fins fan, but have not attended a game since Huizenga owned them last. Why do you ask?

Advertisement
Back