New Stadium To Call Home?

Unsider

Junior
My friend I envy that you live in the Pacific northwest... the sportsman that I am loves that part of our country.
The reason I asked is that most Fins fans support the Canes playing at JRS... it's a warm and cozy venue.
Well since you brought up Marlins Park yes... the scenario you explained could happen, however, the next buyer isn't going to get the deal of the century that faggaloon Loria got. I agree that a lot of ifs would have to happen but who knows. Sadly the problem is always $$$ and more $$$ and how to get government to disguise $$$ for the U.
Indeed, it is beautiful country here. I understand the Fins fans take on this. There was a time I clamored for a U stadium, as early as resurrection of a retro OB (when Marlins park was in the talks) to as recent as Tropical Park. The reality set in with MR’s hire and the Rock upgrades. I believe Miami politicians can be bought (not necessarily for a cash bribe, but with incentives) that’s all I Knew when in Miami. If I won a Billion dollar jackpot, I’d be down in SFLA looking to build my U a stadium of its own. I got enough to retire - I don’t need much, wouldn’t need the jackpot for myself.

gruntking

Senior
I mean it is what it is. Getting angry about student football attendance, or for that matter live sporting event attendance in South Florida more broadly is a fool's errand. It's like being upset that you can never build a snowman here.

Miami is an event town. There's too many things to do here, especially for students. Students are 18-23 years old in Miami without the stress of a job. To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.

UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse. A prime-time night rivalvry home game with an undefeated team in contention for the playoffs, yes, it will be wild. I have never been to any sports game more wild than the night against ND. We turn up. But it has to be worth turning up for. This ain't Madison Wisconsin or Lubbock Texas. We got entertainment options.

When Bron Bron was here the Heat were must see sell-outs. Now it's whatever. That is the nature of our market. We're all transplants. Either from other states or other countries. There's a billion fun things to do. To draw a crowd in Miami it's gotta be something special
Good perspective... accurate. Students do not have to be team fanatics, especially the "transplants" who end up transplanting again. As for me... I've been living in Miami for 55 of my 64 years. I made the Canes a priority early on and never missed an OB game during 22 yrs. as a STH. But most of us here on CIS are real Canes whether living here or not, and we are all orange and green football fiends... the few, the proud, the CIS crazies.

JD08

Freshman
UM has about 17,000 students and you know damn well you'll never get 100% attendance.

I live north of the stadium and I commuted to campus 25 years ago. Now that would be a logistical impossibility for me to make that drive after work. Traffic is worse, parking would be a disaster, and there's no way any other stadium would be as nice as HRS. I drove past Bobby Dodd stadium today and you can see the bleachers up in the nosebleeds. Does anybody here really like the idea of sitting on a bleacher for 3+ hours?

gruntking

Senior
Indeed, it is beautiful country here. I understand the Fins fans take on this. There was a time I clamored for a U stadium, as early as resurrection of a retro OB (when Marlins park was in the talks) to as recent as Tropical Park. The reality set in with MR’s hire and the Rock upgrades. I believe Miami politicians can be bought (not necessarily for a cash bribe, but with incentives) that’s all I Knew when in Miami. If I won a Billion dollar jackpot, I’d be down in SFLA looking to build my U a stadium of its own. I got enough to retire - I don’t need much, wouldn’t need the jackpot for myself.
I feel the same... I've already pledged $3K from my humble 401K for a Hurricane Stadium... but if the good Lord were to bless me with a big jackpot my wife knows that I will donate a big chunk for a UM stadium as long as they name it Gruntking Stadium.
Also, you would see me in your neck of the woods off and on.

Unsider

Junior
I feel the same... I've already pledged $3K from my humble 401K for a Hurricane Stadium... but if the good Lord were to bless me with a big jackpot my wife knows that I will donate a big chunk for a UM stadium as long as they name it Gruntking Stadium.
Also, you would see me in your neck of the woods off and on.
Has a great ring to it, “Gruntking Stadium, home of the Miami Hurricanes.”

Rellyrell

All-ACC
traffic is worse now than it was when the OB was around. it would be a nightmare to put a football stadium down there again imo. also, w the renos at HRS, its an awesome facility. no reason to move anymore. also, theyre building overpass walkways to get across the street to the parking lots so they dont have to stop traffic anymore to let people cross
Have the surrounding areas changed? I was playing on making my return to HRS this yr, but I remember the last time I was there in like 2011, it wasn’t much to do around there.

hoops156

Senior
Have the surrounding areas changed? I was playing on making my return to HRS this yr, but I remember the last time I was there in like 2011, it wasn’t much to do around there.
Surroundings are still the same just more fast food joints. The key thing that will help is the lots across Ives dairy won’t stop traffic once the pathways are built

GOCANES05

Recruit
HRS is an awesome stadium for sure , having your own stadium for a national championship contender team close to campus would be impressive.

I keep harping on Tropical Park because large area plenty parking with 826 , I95 and turnpike down towards SW 117 and Bird Road access large park area picnic area.
It's the largest land section that's close to UM , has anyone here seen this park very nice , there's a football stadium there for high school football.

It's just a nice site with plenty room in a nice area , or do we always have to put stadiums is high crime areas ?

GOCANES

D RevLee

Graduated from hungry, and made it to greedy
Banned
Just remember this thread was started by a guy that’s never even been to a home game.
You're right, I've never been to Hard Rock or Sun Life. I just became a fan in 2017.

Keep letting the words I put on your screen affect u though.

For_The_U

Junior
I mean it is what it is. Getting angry about student football attendance, or for that matter live sporting event attendance in South Florida more broadly is a fool's errand. It's like being upset that you can never build a snowman here.

Miami is an event town. There's too many things to do here, especially for students. Students are 18-23 years old in Miami without the stress of a job. To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.

UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse. A prime-time night rivalvry home game with an undefeated team in contention for the playoffs, yes, it will be wild. I have never been to any sports game more wild than the night against ND. We turn up. But it has to be worth turning up for. This ain't Madison Wisconsin or Lubbock Texas. We got entertainment options.

When Bron Bron was here the Heat were must see sell-outs. Now it's whatever. That is the nature of our market. We're all transplants. Either from other states or other countries. There's a billion fun things to do. To draw a crowd in Miami it's gotta be something special
Sad, but true. It's also a huge part of why our fan base gets ripped so often. Other than the those among us that truly bleed Orange and Green, our fans are fair weather as sh-t.

hoops156

Senior
HRS is an awesome stadium for sure , having your own stadium for a national championship contender team close to campus would be impressive.

I keep harping on Tropical Park because large area plenty parking with 826 , I95 and turnpike down towards SW 117 and Bird Road access large park area picnic area.
It's the largest land section that's close to UM , has anyone here seen this park very nice , there's a football stadium there for high school football.

It's just a nice site with plenty room in a nice area , or do we always have to put stadiums is high crime areas ?

GOCANES
you havent been around the debates of why tropical park never worked out after all these years have you

hoops156

Senior
You're right, I've never been to Hard Rock or Sun Life. I just became a fan in 2017.

Keep letting the words I put on your screen affect u though.
so since you became a fan in 17, you watched the ND game and how great the stadium and crowd looked and sounded (it absolutely makes a diff with the enclosures theyve added) and said i need to start a thread about a new stadium lol? miami dade will never build UM a stadium unless multiple teams are playing there (not just UM). our only shot was with FIU on a shared tropical park site, but FIU wanted an on campus stadium w a much smaller capacity. becks wants a small capacity and he and mas will never let a football team share the venue. HRS is nicer than anything we could build. book a flight and take in a game at HRS

Hemsleysalmons

Freshman
Op pulling your chains. He could not care one iota if we built a new stadium. Purpose of his post was to rile up other posters and see the reaction he received with his ridiculous suggestion. He also mentioned that he became a fan after 2017 when we won 10 games. The reason he said that was to let you think he is a bandwagon fan. Op has done a TROLL job on you guys and you think his posts are serious. You guys should man up because op is just one of many guys that have jerked you guys off with ridiculous posts and you do not realize they are TROLLS. Too much naivety on cis.

GOCANES05

Recruit
you havent been around the debates of why tropical park never worked out after all these years have you
61 years ,I've been around here , love to hear the reasons probably the county has there hand out.

Seriously please share why ?

GOCANES

NJshoreCane

Senior

To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.
UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse....We got entertainment options.
....it's gotta be something special

Nobody is getting upset.
I was a student at Miami and I went to the games. Believe it or not there were plenty of things to do in South Florida back in the Stone Ages (late 70's, early 80's) as well. My social life wasn't taxed by hitting a game 5 or 6 times a year.

Undergrad enrollment at Miami is about 10,000. Of that number, I figure about 8,000 students without other obligations can actually go to games regularly. A good portion of that 8,000 or so, do show up for games.

Some students are fans.
Some students... not so much... which is cool.