New Stadium To Call Home?

I feel the same... I've already pledged $3K from my humble 401K for a Hurricane Stadium... but if the good Lord were to bless me with a big jackpot my wife knows that I will donate a big chunk for a UM stadium as long as they name it Gruntking Stadium.
Also, you would see me in your neck of the woods off and on.
Has a great ring to it, “Gruntking Stadium, home of the Miami Hurricanes.”

Advertisement
traffic is worse now than it was when the OB was around. it would be a nightmare to put a football stadium down there again imo. also, w the renos at HRS, its an awesome facility. no reason to move anymore. also, theyre building overpass walkways to get across the street to the parking lots so they dont have to stop traffic anymore to let people cross

Have the surrounding areas changed? I was playing on making my return to HRS this yr, but I remember the last time I was there in like 2011, it wasn’t much to do around there.

Advertisement
Have the surrounding areas changed? I was playing on making my return to HRS this yr, but I remember the last time I was there in like 2011, it wasn’t much to do around there.

Surroundings are still the same just more fast food joints. The key thing that will help is the lots across Ives dairy won’t stop traffic once the pathways are built

HRS is an awesome stadium for sure , having your own stadium for a national championship contender team close to campus would be impressive.

I keep harping on Tropical Park because large area plenty parking with 826 , I95 and turnpike down towards SW 117 and Bird Road access large park area picnic area.
It's the largest land section that's close to UM , has anyone here seen this park very nice , there's a football stadium there for high school football.

It's just a nice site with plenty room in a nice area , or do we always have to put stadiums is high crime areas ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
I mean it is what it is. Getting angry about student football attendance, or for that matter live sporting event attendance in South Florida more broadly is a fool's errand. It's like being upset that you can never build a snowman here.

Miami is an event town. There's too many things to do here, especially for students. Students are 18-23 years old in Miami without the stress of a job. To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.

UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse. A prime-time night rivalvry home game with an undefeated team in contention for the playoffs, yes, it will be wild. I have never been to any sports game more wild than the night against ND. We turn up. But it has to be worth turning up for. This ain't Madison Wisconsin or Lubbock Texas. We got entertainment options.

When Bron Bron was here the Heat were must see sell-outs. Now it's whatever. That is the nature of our market. We're all transplants. Either from other states or other countries. There's a billion fun things to do. To draw a crowd in Miami it's gotta be something special
Sad, but true. It's also a huge part of why our fan base gets ripped so often. Other than the those among us that truly bleed Orange and Green, our fans are fair weather as sh-t.

HRS is an awesome stadium for sure , having your own stadium for a national championship contender team close to campus would be impressive.

I keep harping on Tropical Park because large area plenty parking with 826 , I95 and turnpike down towards SW 117 and Bird Road access large park area picnic area.
It's the largest land section that's close to UM , has anyone here seen this park very nice , there's a football stadium there for high school football.

It's just a nice site with plenty room in a nice area , or do we always have to put stadiums is high crime areas ?

GOCANES

you havent been around the debates of why tropical park never worked out after all these years have you

You're right, I've never been to Hard Rock or Sun Life. I just became a fan in 2017.

Keep letting the words I put on your screen affect u though.

so since you became a fan in 17, you watched the ND game and how great the stadium and crowd looked and sounded (it absolutely makes a diff with the enclosures theyve added) and said i need to start a thread about a new stadium lol? miami dade will never build UM a stadium unless multiple teams are playing there (not just UM). our only shot was with FIU on a shared tropical park site, but FIU wanted an on campus stadium w a much smaller capacity. becks wants a small capacity and he and mas will never let a football team share the venue. HRS is nicer than anything we could build. book a flight and take in a game at HRS

Advertisement
Op pulling your chains. He could not care one iota if we built a new stadium. Purpose of his post was to rile up other posters and see the reaction he received with his ridiculous suggestion. He also mentioned that he became a fan after 2017 when we won 10 games. The reason he said that was to let you think he is a bandwagon fan. Op has done a TROLL job on you guys and you think his posts are serious. You guys should man up because op is just one of many guys that have jerked you guys off with ridiculous posts and you do not realize they are TROLLS. Too much naivety on cis.

you havent been around the debates of why tropical park never worked out after all these years have you

61 years ,I've been around here , love to hear the reasons probably the county has there hand out.

Seriously please share why ?

GOCANES

I mean it is what it is. Getting angry about student football attendance, or for that matter live sporting event attendance in South Florida more broadly is a fool's errand. It's like being upset that you can never build a snowman here.

Miami is an event town. There's too many things to do here, especially for students. Students are 18-23 years old in Miami without the stress of a job. To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.

UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse. A prime-time night rivalvry home game with an undefeated team in contention for the playoffs, yes, it will be wild. I have never been to any sports game more wild than the night against ND. We turn up. But it has to be worth turning up for. This ain't Madison Wisconsin or Lubbock Texas. We got entertainment options.

When Bron Bron was here the Heat were must see sell-outs. Now it's whatever. That is the nature of our market. We're all transplants. Either from other states or other countries. There's a billion fun things to do. To draw a crowd in Miami it's gotta be something special

To get them to show up to anything it's gotta be worth it.
UM kids aren't gonna go to a 1:30 game against Syracuse....We got entertainment options.
....it's gotta be something special

Nobody is getting upset.
I was a student at Miami and I went to the games. Believe it or not there were plenty of things to do in South Florida back in the Stone Ages (late 70's, early 80's) as well. My social life wasn't taxed by hitting a game 5 or 6 times a year.

Undergrad enrollment at Miami is about 10,000. Of that number, I figure about 8,000 students without other obligations can actually go to games regularly. A good portion of that 8,000 or so, do show up for games.

Some students are fans.
Some students... not so much... which is cool.

Advertisement
still can't believe people are still complaining about this after we all see how nice HRS has become after the upgrades. no new stadium will be as nice as HRS for the canes.
Yeah, this entire thread might have made some sense 3+ years ago. Now? It's ridiculous. The best upgrades to the stadium were moving the seats about 10 rows closer to the field and the addition of the partial canopy. Yeah, the TVs and restaurants are nice, but from a pure football perspective, transforming JRS from a soccer stadium (which was its original intent) to a true football stadium was the best we could have hoped for.

I hope they quit messing with the parking lot for some tennis nonsense, but the new pedestrian bridges and tunnels to cross traffic will be welcomed. A couple bridges over the traffic are new for this season:

What? Why? I'd like some specifics as to what that would provide and what would be "impressive" about it?

I guess if you don't see the benefits of a stadium about a mile or so away from UM then it really doesn't matter what I say , it's just the closet thing we can get for an on campus stadium around.

If forced to reply with something , I would say the came reason every college in the country that has one on there campus is the same reason they built there's why not have one a mile or so away on Miller road 56st that runs straight into UM straight shot.

GOCANES

I guess if you don't see the benefits of a stadium about a mile or so away from UM then it really doesn't matter what I say , it's just the closet thing we can get for an on campus stadium around.

If forced to reply with something , I would say the came reason every college in the country that has one on there campus is the same reason they built there's why not have one a mile or so away on Miller road 56st that runs straight into UM straight shot.

GOCANES

So you've got nothing basically. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with reasons why it would be impressive if that's the case. I'm not attacking you, I just need someone once and for all to explain what an on campus stadium does for Miami at this juncture.
What about a stadium even being a mile from campus benefits Miami?

Advertisement
Back