New Stadium To Call Home?

If a train leaves from MIA traveling at 25mph at 1pm and another train leaves from Tropical Park traveling 18mph 15 mins later- Which one reaches UM campus first if a helicopter traveling at an indeterminate speed also en route leaves Lockhart Stadium 20 mins earlier with stops at Marleens Park and International Mall?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If a train leaves from MIA traveling at 25mph at 1pm and another train leaves from Tropical Park traveling 18mph 15 mins later- Which one reaches UM campus first if a helicopter traveling at an indeterminate speed also en route leaves Lockhart Stadium 20 mins earlier with stops at Marleens Stadium and International Mall?
Potato.

Advertisement
If a train leaves from MIA traveling at 25mph at 1pm and another train leaves from Tropical Park traveling 18mph 15 mins later- Which one reaches UM campus first if a helicopter traveling at an indeterminate speed also en route leaves Lockhart Stadium 20 mins earlier with stops at Marleens Park and International Mall?

If Nick Saban’s stooge drops a brown bag with $50,000.00 in an unmarked locker at Lockhart, and drops another brown bag with $50,000.00 in it under one of the plastic seats at Hard Rock, which one could the Five Star get to first if he was in Hallandale wearing only track shoes?

Mom needs a new kitchen.

We finally have one of the best stadiums and atmosphere in the entire country. I loved the OB as much as anyone but the Rock is on another level. It's obviously far superior to the OB in parking, food, and amenities. Now it's the loudest stadium in the south. We have a huge home field advantage for the first time in a long time. I was told from the TO during renewals about half of the season ticket holders now are outside of Miami. People need to realize traffic is much worse here than it was 10-15 years ago. 250 people move to Miami every day. It makes much more sense from a geographic standpoint to stay at Hardrock. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If we're smart you keep an eye on this David Beckham stadium situation. Soccer will fail here and if it does then it's almost like a free stadium for us. Renovate more seats into what would probably be a world class stadium (with a roof), just like at HR, and now we're talking about a modern stadium that we own that's about the same distance as the OB.

Also the D1 stadium capacity requirement is about 15k seats.

If we're smart you keep an eye on this David Beckham stadium situation. Soccer will fail here and if it does then it's almost like a free stadium for us. Renovate more seats into what would probably be a world class stadium (with a roof), just like at HR, and now we're talking about a modern stadium that we own that's about the same distance as the OB.

15K seats...gimme a break. The only real chance right now UM moves is if the Marlins keep failing and beg us to come back. They agree to remodel the stadium to be catered towards football and then MAYBE. You never know with as desperate as Jeter acts. I agree it WAS smart to keep an eye on Beckham. He's reaching now and will do anything to get a deal done. I was excited at one point when they were considering the ship yards at the port for a 50Kish stadium. That would've been a legit option if Hard Rock ever wanted to play hard ball.

Advertisement
My point is the stadium will be built near the airport. The MLS team will play at Lockhart until their actual stadium is built near the airport. Lockhart will eventually be the location of the training facilities.
Since u dont know the area I wont laugh about this. There is two possible areas a stadium could be done and both are reaches to an extent. #1 tamiami park. #2 tropical park. One is owned by the city the other private. You gotta consider traffic & parking when considering a stadium that needs to house atleast 50k fans (and that's conservative) that area already has little to no room for roads. You put that traffic around that area and you'll be stuck in traffic for God knows how many hours. Only place that would be worse is campus.

If Nick Saban’s stooge drops a brown bag with $50,000.00 in an unmarked locker at Lockhart, and drops another brown bag with $50,000.00 in it under one of the plastic seats at Hard Rock, which one could the Five Star get to first if he was in Hallandale wearing only track shoes?

Mom needs a new kitchen.

Hahaha. It depends on how many Dodge Chargers the 5 Star somehow stumbles into en route to either venue.

Anyone who wants us to move from Hard Rock Stadium probably has never been to Hard Rock Stadium after the renovations were completed a couple years ago.

I was there for FSU year after OB shut down...that rain storm was insane. I was there this last year for FSU. Night and day. You are 100% right...

Advertisement
Hold on let me get my slide-rule.

Once Beckham was set on a 25k seat stadium, this subject was dead. Unless some Billionaire, of the multi type, decided to grant us a stadium, this subject is a done dada

Advertisement

🎯 🎯 🎯

This is certainly a subject that has never been mentioned here before. A stadium with under 50k capacity is NEVER going to work. Average attendance over the last 3 years has been OVER 50k. Even in the doldrums of the Golden years, when the stadium was half empty, they were still selling over 40,000 tickets a game. If, by some act of God, Hardrock stadium collapsed, the only reasonable spot would be Marlins park and even that would require significant remodeling.

Advertisement
Back