New Commit

Advertisement
Good player.

If we keep Homer (who is emerging as a monster) this is a top-notch RB class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has got to be butch's work behind the scenes. Lol. Why are kids committing if they don't know if the new coach would honor their commitment or fit their scheme?

This has got to be butch's work behind the scenes. Lol. Why are kids committing if they don't know if the new coach would honor their commitment or fit their scheme?

If these are your other offers then that might not be your main concern. Worst case is a Miami offer now gets you other ones not from the likes of Monmouth.

Screenshot_2015-11-22-20-24-45-1.jpg

Jawon Hamilton is the best back in Dade and Broward.

I didn't know much about him going into the year, but every week he was breaking off long run after long run. He has 1,191 yards and 16 TDs on 9.8 yards per carry against good competition. Last week in the playoffs, he lit up Southridge for two TDs (including an 80 yarder).

Here are his senior highlights:

[HUDL]athlete/4635758/highlights/283491383[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Should they really be accepting commitments with a new staff coming in?

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils-Aime or someone similar.

Advertisement
Film is legit though, but I still stand by what my opinion was on this. He looks bigger than the 187 or whatever he's listed at

Looks good. I love the motor. Ran right through the pack in multiple plays.

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils-Aime or someone similar.

Fair enough. How about this though. Let's say for some reason it's the number one running back in the country and he wants to commit. Do you still not accept that? That doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's not the case, but still a relevant question.

Fair enough. How about this though. Let's say for some reason it's the number one running back in the country and he wants to commit. Do you still not accept that? That doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's not the case, but still a relevant question.

I mean logically I would be ****ed if they told the #1 back to wait until the new HC is hired or something and he went elsewhere. But, I do think that is the right thing to do in this situation. It shouldn't be any different based on the rank of the player. In this situation though, we are about to have 6 RBs on scholarship next year. This guy, Yearby, and Walton are all similar in size and style. Homer is close in size but different style.

If we were thin at RB then I wouldn't disagree. That just isn't the case. Tough call though. I'm not mad about it, I guess the next HC just has to do whatever he has to do. I do find it funny that guys like this (under radar, great film type of kids from Sfla) are now getting offers as soon as Golden is gone, kinda tells you something about how he ran the show here.

Advertisement
Back